Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

I won't claim to speak for anyone other than myself here, and for me personally, this is AWESOME! This is a bold move made by another card company that ISN'T Upper Deck, and they're showing us they want to be in the hockey market. They're showing us that they're capable of making big moves, and thinking outside the box regarding ways to bring strong, quality stars into their stable WITHOUT an NHL licence. It makes me wonder (delightfully) what their next big move will be.

If UD sales drop because of a lack of Eichel auto's, well is it really the product or the player you collect? This forces some collectors to question things, and makes US think outside the box as well. If you're in it to gamble, well you've just been given another option that will have GREAT resale if you're lucky enough to hit an Eichel Auto. This is a GREAT way to gain market share Leaf! They do this to a super stud each year and UD will be in some serious trouble before their monopoly runs out!

Love this!! This is a company on it's way UP!

#APPROVED

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bmarchand17's Items on eBay

So I learned from another forum / Twitter that Leaf approached UD before they signed McDavid and asked for No Exclusives but UD was not interested an signed him. So this is pretty much retaliation by Leaf. UD seems to be partly to blame.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

This is just another byproduct of UD's exclusive license. If the league had been forward-thinking and allowed multiple licenses, this sort of thing wouldn't be happening. You can't get mad at Leaf for making a bold business move.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kippelsiini's Items on eBay

I've stated this elsewhere, but this is another of those things where you get exactly what you are asking for. You wanted a monopoly, you got a monopoly. Now deal with it.

I'd say no to exclusives. It begins from Upper Deck giving up the McDavid exclusive.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Crazy that anyone would fault Leaf for making this move. Upper Deck signed McDavid, is Leaf supposed to just sit back and let their company get stomped?

if you don't like the idea, then speak with your wallets. I am not a fan of exclusive deals, but I think Leaf had to make this move and we know that it wasn't their idea to start signing such deals. I hope this doesn't lead to a battle of exclusive deals, but who knows what will happen?

Now I am curious to see what kind of Eichel products Leaf comes up with, and to see how much his Ice rookie sells for since it may be the only UD high-end product not hurt by this deal.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kippelsiini's Items on eBay

Crazy that anyone would fault Leaf for making this move. Upper Deck signed McDavid, is Leaf supposed to just sit back and let their company get stomped?

if you don't like the idea, then speak with your wallets. I am not a fan of exclusive deals, but I think Leaf had to make this move and we know that it wasn't their idea to start signing such deals. I hope this doesn't lead to a battle of exclusive deals, but who knows what will happen?

Now I am curious to see what kind of Eichel products Leaf comes up with, and to see how much his Ice rookie sells for since it may be the only UD high-end product not hurt by this deal.

How about Black Diamond RCs?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See r.yau27's Items on eBay

And those YGs and their parallels :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ice /99 now becomes the most sought after rooke of Eichel.

No SPx, SPA, Ultimate, Premier, Cup ....... even Black Diamond this year was an auto rookie product if im not mistaken.

Eichel will have 2 real rookies of value now, Young Guns and Ice.

In all honesty, no one wants a Leaf Eichel rookie, with airbrushed logos. No one will consider them to be rookies, and the hobby will take a hit for this.

Im sure they could just load up products with Eichel /99 rookies. A non auto Ultimate RC /99, same thing with a Cup non auto /99 ..... I know my main PC guy doesnt sign for UD. He still has had SP Authentic Limited Auto Patch cards .... without the auto. Im sure they CAN have FW RC Patches of Eichel ....
    Last edited by canucksfan007; 08-31-2015 at 07:09 PM.
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Horrible News. No the cup rpa. Exclusives like this just ruin the hobby.

Kind of like Upper Deck's exclusive card deal, so there is no competition in the licensed hockey market?

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

KingKuba is going to have a field day with this one...

The world is waiting for baited breath for his reaction to this...

I predict: "Eichel $3 auto now...UD autos would have been $5 after the season. All hype. 50 point player at best."
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast