Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Im sure UD has something up their sleeves. Sure, they cant do auto rookies of him, and thats going to hurt the hobby as a whole for 1 season more than the UD monopoly will for 1 season.

As much as UD is screwing over other companies with exclusives of various players, they did not hurt the card collector the same way as have Eichel being an exclusive for a non licensed company.

This is just absurd.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This is just absurd.

Explain
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

In Theory could UD buy Autos on the Market say from leaf via ebay and use cut autos as suggested? Or Sticker Autos and place them on their own cards? I know that this is basically impossible but like say they buy 10-20-30 or so on the market and produce SPX again and put those sticker autos they bought and Eichel becomes a really SP /20 or /30. This could be an advantage to UD and really raise the Prices on Eichels cards or popularity of UDs cards.

This is basically a dream but is it possible or cant they produce Eichel Autos at all?
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

How does this contract trump the contract that the NHLPA has with UD, which he will be a part of when he plays in the NHL?

You are assuming, of course, that Eichel joins the NHLPA. I know the odds are small, but there is no rule/law that says he has to join. If he feels he can make more money by not joining, then just maybe. It HAS been done before...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mint39's Items on eBay

Leaf Could Licence The autographs to Upper deck-

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills

The NHLPA can only get them to show up for things like the Rookie Showcase to do photo shoots for the cards, other products and promotional material. They cannot make them sign, even if they have no deal. Enough current NHL'ers don't sign. Eichel will be one of those, not because he doesn't want to, but because someone is paying him to sign elsewhere. And the NHLPA can't really say much because McDavid just did the same thing. He just did it with the NHL and NHLPA's card company partner.

While Leaf will have the autos, UD will still have the licensed cards and memorabilia. The lack of autos will hurt, but people still buy UD Series 1 & 2 for the Young Guns, which Eichel will have. I really don't think they could get away with buying stickers auto and using them. Cuts? Yes, but that would be a waste.

One thing about Leaf... their 2014-15 and 2015-16 hockey products have sold pretty well and have maintained good box value, unlike most recent ITG product. So there is some appeal and they are properly limiting their product. Eichel was a good pick for them because of his inability to sign product during his NCAA career. I am a Sabres fan and have been looking forward to finally getting Eichel auto cards. Would most people prefer McDavid? Of course. But if prices get out of hand on UD boxes, I will just grab a few old ITG boxes and try my luck on McDavid Erie Otter autos. Not the same, but good enough for me, for now.

And the other upside for Leaf? I try and buy as much locally as I can. But for each Leaf release over the last year, my card shop, a big one in Dave & Adam's, has not had Leaf hockey product on release day. Sometimes not for weeks after, when the price has shot up, and sometimes not at all. So I had to change my strategy and buy my Leaf boxes online. With Dave & Adam's being in Buffalo, the effect may be a little different, but I bet when new Leaf hockey product hits with Eichel autos in it, I will be able to pick up boxes on Day One. That's a win for Leaf.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

In Theory could UD buy Autos on the Market say from leaf via ebay and use cut autos as suggested? Or Sticker Autos and place them on their own cards? I know that this is basically impossible but like say they buy 10-20-30 or so on the market and produce SPX again and put those sticker autos they bought and Eichel becomes a really SP /20 or /30. This could be an advantage to UD and really raise the Prices on Eichels cards or popularity of UDs cards.

This is basically a dream but is it possible or cant they produce Eichel Autos at all?

UD wouldn't be able to do this. They will not be able to produce ANY card with Eichel's auto on it. At least not when Eichel's signed with Leaf.

In the future, I see Eichel eventually signing with UD. But in 2015-16, his rookie season, it's all Leaf card autos and that's it.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

Leaf has emphasized that the deal with Eichel is a LONG one. How long exactly is anyone's guess, but my gut tells me 3+ years, maybe even five. We won't be seeing an Eichel UD auto for quite a long time.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have reviewed all the comments regarding the Exclusive on this site and others, and what I have noted is that most of the collectors aren't too upset or surprised by this development, the only exception being a couple from Buffalo which is also somewhat understandable. The negative vitrol and comments seem to be coming almost exclusively from the Buy and Sell or FreEBAYer crowd. This leads me to conclude that, for those with a beef, this is all about a lost money opportunity, which at the end of the day makes you no different than the two card producing companies that are in competition to make more money. It was a business decision that any of us would have made if we were in their shoes so get over it. Happy Trading.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals

If you are a Buffalo fan, you should be GLAD this happened. It just means that your new PC will cost a lot less to get started...

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast