Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See hossa18sens's Items on eBay

I call this "The Buffalo Effect"

We finally trade for a good player (Ryan O'Reilly) and he drunk drives into a Tim Hortons.

We finish last (twice) and lose the lottery both times.

We get Eichel, the most highly sought after prospect besides McDavid in quite some time with a ton of hype, and we are going to get screwed on Rookies. Anyone who has been around here long enough in this hobby know the Sabres collectors will, and always have gone pretty hard for their players in the hobby. This is going to suck for us.

On the up side his stuff will be affordable

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

LOL it was all fine and dandy when UD signed McDavid as an exclusive but this is bad for the hobby. Good lord.

Its all business at the end of the day, like it or not.

I'm not really a fan of any exclusive really as mentioned above me by others I believe. I told my LCS "what a joke" when that happened, and I just said the same words again.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well there is a real punch in the guts for Auto RC collectors.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

KingKuba is going to have a field day with this one...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I echo the confusion. I thought you could sign exclusive deals for retired players, but that members of the NHLPA (i.e. active players) could not sign exclusive deals. However, the wrinkle in this could be that Eichel signed the deal before becoming a member of the NHLPA, so maybe it will be allowed. It is unfortunate however, that this will mean no Auto Eichel rookies, unless perhaps Upper Deck resorts to cut autos for Eichel.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mr2latino's Items on eBay

Haha UD

SCF Rewards
    Country

All I can say is BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Collect what you like. Simple.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Leaf cant even use pictures of him in his team uniform. This is absolute garbage. I don't collect leaf for rookies I collect them for vintage/retired stars. I would imagine most people do. This destroys UD by taking out a #2 rookie a (star) for that matter. It more importantly destroys Collectors who can no longer get the rookies they want from the products they want (FWA, Ultimate, Cup). Its different if its a retired player or something but this cant happen with a rookie.

This really irritates me and I hope he can still possibly sign for UD (something within the PA). I would have been super pissed if it was a Penguin so I feel you Buffalo fans.

I Want LEAF to know that they just screwed a LOT of collectors. I will be avoiding all Eichel Autos. This is terrible for the hobby Thanks Leaf
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

On one hand I'm happy to see somebody stick it to UD for a change!

On the other hand this is absolutely brutal for the hobby, one of the highest hyped Rookie Classes of the last decade just got ruined by an unlicensed company. One of the biggest rookies in years now won't be featured in staple sets like SPA and The Cup because a 3rd rate company wanted to make a splash in the hobby world.

Very disappointed in Leaf for this, I'll be boycotting them right alongside with the old ITG now.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Guys, I understand that some are frustrated, but I assure you this isn't the end of the world. We gladly would not have done exclusives if our competitors would heed that as well.
    We have the right to compete in a market that we continue to grow and feel we make compelling products. To say you wont purchase or support our
    products because of this seems harsh considering we have no access to Gretzky, Orr, McDavid, Team Canada. If we were afforded a chance at an NHL or NHLPA license we would jump
    at the chance. If we were afforded.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast