Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

This is disappointing to me because I never buy high-end stuff because I can't afford them. For Sabres, i almost never get the chance to buy anything locally due to the home team markup, so I rely on Ebay mostly. So it looks like I'll be only having a Young Gun for many years before I can get an auto for him to put in my Sabres book. :(

Silver lining to come from this -- Leaf CEO Brian Gray has said that he will be looking at adding some entry/mid-level products to the Leaf roster to get away from the high-end hits-based product.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Silver lining to come from this -- Leaf CEO Brian Gray has said that he will be looking at adding some entry/mid-level products to the Leaf roster to get away from the high-end hits-based product.

He said it with typical used car salesman wording like "I wouldn't be surprised if we do one" and "I can't talk about it yet" but is openly talking about Pearl, the "super high end" set. I'll believe a lower end set when it hits the shelves.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

McDavid could have said no to the Exlcusive with UD. Will you be boycotting his cards as well?

Methinks that previous post was meant to be sarcastic.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

He said it with typical used car salesman wording like "I wouldn't be surprised if we do one" and "I can't talk about it yet" but is openly talking about Pearl, the "super high end" set. I'll believe a lower end set when it hits the shelves.

Lol, beat me to it.

ITGU = Higher End
    Ultimate = High-End
    Superlative = High-End

Now we get Pearl = SUPER High-End.

Makes is tougher and tougher for the average Joe (aka me) or kids to collect stuff.

How do you expect to get kids involved in the hobby when everything makes the transition to high-end?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

And Dave and Adams just got Eichel as an exclusive in Buffalo. Just AWESOME.

Entirely sick of this exclusive BS in the world

http://www.dacardworld.com/blog/dave...raph-signings/

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't know how D&A handle their exclusives but Steiner is actually pretty fair with the Devils. When they had Brodeur and Parise Steiner would loan them out to brick and mortar stores in NJ and both would still sign for Frozen Pond. So without knowing anything about D&A that isn't the end of the world

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I don't know how D&A handle their exclusives but Steiner is actually pretty fair with the Devils. When they had Brodeur and Parise Steiner would loan them out to brick and mortar stores in NJ and both would still sign for Frozen Pond. So without knowing anything about D&A that isn't the end of the world

D&A handles themselves a lot different from that, and are certainly not that fair/generous. They had Myers under exclusive after he won the Calder, and you didn't see him make a public appearance at all after that. Plus after he signed the exclusive, he very very rarely signed IP anymore, despite being one of the guys who always would stop for you before that. D&A has some greedy owners that don't generally care except for what is good for them. At least my experience with meeting them...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The D&A deal is in conjunction with AJ Sports World and it sounds like they did this last year with Sam Reinhart too, who is exclusive with AJ's.

SCF Rewards
    Country

And Dave and Adams just got Eichel as an exclusive in Buffalo. Just AWESOME.

Entirely sick of this exclusive BS in the world

http://www.dacardworld.com/blog/dave...raph-signings/

So before everyone does anymore Leaf bashing it looks like Eichel is busy lining his pockets. What's he driving this week?
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

So before everyone does anymore Leaf bashing it looks like Eichel is busy lining his pockets. What's he driving this week?

Eichel is doing what he should be doing, which is maximizing his current value. There is no guarantee that he will be a superstar. It's potential. If in three years, he is just another face on the ice, which would be considered a bust as the #2 overall pick with lots of hype, hopeful the money he is making now is still there for him.

He would be dumb not to take the deals. BTW, he also signed with Bauer.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast