Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

This isn't worth the money.

The patches are from photo shoots. Most replica jerseys cost much less than a box of The Cup. Buy said jersey (which tend to include the full patch) and cut it out. You get the full patch rather than a piece of it.

Then again, I am completely against cutting up memorabilia and placing them into cards in the first place.

It's why I stick with SP Authentic or OPC from the 1980s back.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

So much unwarranted negativity. Why are people complaining about things that have been this way for years? It's not as though event-worn items is a new revelation. I get that costs are up, but guess what? If they're going to work it so that game-worn rookie jerseys are in The Cup, costs are also going to be up...by a lot more.

Was there an edict handed down recently that nobody's allowed to like anything?
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

I have never purchased a tin of The Cup (I will still buy at least 1 tin despite what Im about to say) so I just assumed everything was Game Used. I assumed this was one of the reasons The Cup was released so late, to bring you actual game used of players who endured that year of the cup.

I just went through my PC and sold basically every cup card I had because the patches were event worn. That doesn't interest me at all.

This is why I like ITG so much because of the vintage memorabilia and I understand why so many collectors at events like the Toronto Expo only buy vintage. There was less guessing back then. There weren't 50 variations of 1 player and 4 of them were the real thing and the other 46 were crap.

Upper Deck pays for Jerseys and Auto of players. Yep. We get that. Its as if Upper Deck buys 1 jersey of every player so you see only 1 shield and 100 logo patches. 6,000 jersey pieces. Am I supposed to give Upper Deck 200% a cards value just cause they bought a jersey for $200 opposed to $50?

Get real.

Buy a Supposed Busher Jackson skate, get it authenticated and chop it up into little pieces, put them in cards and THAT'S what I wanna pay money for. Not the $20 jersey thrown onto a rookie during a photo shoot before he ever played a game in the NHL when that jersey makes a thousand or so cards.

Rookies are over-sold by Upper Deck as is.

Someone should make an Upper Deck Movie called Liscence to Shill.
    Last edited by Cunnuc; 09-05-2015 at 08:58 PM.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

I have never purchased a tin of The Cup (I will still buy at least 1 tin despite what Im about to say) so I just assumed everything was Game Used. I assumed this was one of the reasons The Cup was released so late, to bring you actual game used of players who endured that year of the cup.

I just went through my PC and sold basically every cup card I had because the patches were event worn. That doesn't interest me at all.

This is why I like ITG so much because of the vintage memorabilia and I understand why so many collectors at events like the Toronto Expo only buy vintage. There was less guessing back then. There weren't 50 variations of 1 player and 4 of them were the real thing and the other 46 were crap.

Upper Deck pays for Jerseys and Auto of players. Yep. We get that. Its as if Upper Deck buys 1 jersey of every player so you see only 1 shield and 100 logo patches. 6,000 jersey pieces. Am I supposed to give Upper Deck 200% a cards value just cause they bought a jersey for $200 opposed to $50?

Get real.

Buy a Supposed Busher Jackson skate, get it authenticated and chop it up into little pieces, put them in cards and THAT'S what I wanna pay money for. Not the $20 jersey thrown onto a rookie during a photo shoot before he ever played a game in the NHL when that jersey makes a thousand or so cards.

Rookies are over-sold by Upper Deck as is.

Someone should make an Upper Deck Movie called Liscence to Shill.

Well said!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm not really looking at any of the rookie stuff, but Id be curious about a few of their subsets that I have really enjoyed. Scripted sticks, emblems of endorsement, honorable numbers etc etc. I wonder if those are knocked out of the new release and replaced with the booklets? I'll be looking forward to seeing what Joe Sakic's they will be releasing this year.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I'm not really looking at any of the rookie stuff, but Id be curious about a few of their subsets that I have really enjoyed. Scripted sticks, emblems of endorsement, honorable numbers etc etc. I wonder if those are knocked out of the new release and replaced with the booklets? I'll be looking forward to seeing what Joe Sakic's they will be releasing this year.

I don't think they will, those are true keepers in terms of The Cup's set inclusion IMO.

But if they were to , booklets aren't the way to go. Again, this is just my opinion, but the less booklets the better. Once in a while they're okay, but too much booklets really irks me.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (58)
    Country

Im the same way, I collect most subsets BUT the RC's. I'm also not a fan of booklets, don't even own one. They'll most likely fade away imo. Imo limited logos, scripted sticks & honorable numbers will never be removed. They can make those cards over and over and over again for all I care LOL. Love em!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Again, this is just my opinion, but the less booklets the better.

Amen! +1

SCF Rewards
    Country

There are supposed to be 80 rpa's in this set.....wow...

Double rookie class only had 90....and this weak class has 80....talk about a bloodbath for case breakers...oh well...us dealers will get this for ~$300 anyway..

SCF Rewards
    Country

So much unwarranted negativity. Why are people complaining about things that have been this way for years? It's not as though event-worn items is a new revelation. I get that costs are up, but guess what? If they're going to work it so that game-worn rookie jerseys are in The Cup, costs are also going to be up...by a lot more.

Was there an edict handed down recently that nobody's allowed to like anything?

Amen, I don't even collect this stuff but think the preview looks deadly. As for event worn patch card, or manufactured patches, or whatever else as long as they are aesthetically pleasing that's all that matter IMO. I mean an Yzerman rookie doesn't have any GU or Auto and they sure are cool and sell well.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast