Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Fans to vote for Card No. 1 in 2016 Topps BaseballQ

Baseball fans to vote on Card No. 1 for 2016 Topps® set

Baseball fans can celebrate the 65th anniversary of Topps Baseball by deciding a key card for 2016 Topps® Series 1 Baseball.

The subject for card No. 1 will be selected in an online vote.

From Andy Pafko to Derek Jeter, Card No. 1 in the set is special to Topps collectors. Previous No. 1 cards have included stars, fan favorites and some of the best to ever play Major League Baseball.

Voting will take place on Topps.com in the Topps Blog section starting on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 at 9 a.m. ET. Collectors and fans will get to choose from more than 30 players in the first round of voting, and at least one player from each team will be represented.

The voting for the first round will conclude on October 4, 2015, giving fans 10 days to vote and pare down the official list to just five players.

The Final Five Vote will take place from October 5-11, 2015, and the winner will be announced on October 12, 2015 on the Topps Blog.

“Being featured on Card No. 1 in the Topps Baseball flagship has been an honor Topps has been able to bestow on baseball players for over 60 years,” said Clay Luraschi, Topps’ Vice President of Product Development. “We have featured stars such as Jackie Robinson, Ted Williams, Hank Aaron, Nolan Ryan, Bryce Harper and Derek Jeter. It’s a coveted spot and we wanted our collectors to be involved in that decision.”

Baseball fans are encouraged to vote and promote the contest on social media to help get their favorite player featured on Card. No. 1.

Visit the Topps blog at Topps.com. Follow us on Twitter (@toppscards), Instagram (@toppssports), and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Topps) for instructions on how to vote and updates.
    Last edited by doniceage; 09-23-2015 at 05:11 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves St Louis Rams San Diego Padres
    Twitter: @@charbrian23 See Charbrian23's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale

IMO, card #1 should be whoever is the world series MVP

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I know no one cares what I think but I would vote for the top rookie prospect in baseball next year. Kind of like how UD did with Griffey Jr back in '89.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country

I know no one cares what I think but I would vote for the top rookie prospect in baseball next year. Kind of like how UD did with Griffey Jr back in '89.

Topps can't use prospects in their main set. Only Bowman stuff so that unfortunately couldn't work.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The Final Five Revealed

Young stars highlight the Final Five in the vote for Card No. 1.

After thousands of online votes, the Final Five ballplayers have been chosen for a chance to be featured on Card No. 1 in 2016 Topps® Series One Baseball.

Fans voted over the course of 10 days to whittle a list down to five stars. Now, fans will vote for the next week to pick just one of them. Voting for the final round will take place on Topps.com, and will end on October 12, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. ET.

Card No. 1 has featured many iconic players such as Hank Aaron, Ted Williams and Derek Jeter — and now it could be one of these five:

Kris Bryant, Chicago Cubs, 3B

Josh Donaldson, Toronto Blue Jays, 3B

Bryce Harper, Washington Nationals, OF

Buster Posey, San Francisco Giants, C

Mike Trout, Angels, OF (image attached)

Baseball fans are encouraged to vote and promote the contest on social media to help get their favorite player featured on Card. No. 1, and using the hashtag #VoteCardNo1