Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just A Sad Day.......

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants New York Yankees New York Rangers

Just A Sad Day.......

Today life's flame got a little darker. chajones (Chris), a great SCF member, passed away today from colon cancer. Anyone who had any dealings with Chris knows what a great guy he was. I got to know him through several small trades and great deals. He was always great to chat with and one of the great friends I had in the hobby. He is survived by his wife Heather and two young children. His spirit was amazing as he fought everyday to show his kids and family just how much he loved them and wanted to be around for them. He never got down and was always positive about his condition. I am amazed at how he handled his life considering he was supposed to have been gone years ago.

I am not sure what we can do as a community, but if anyone has any ideas about a collection we might take up for his family, let me know as I would happy to coordinate.

Here's to you Chris....We will miss you buddy!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (84)
    Country
    See babyhuey76's Items on eBay

Well that just made a good day crappy. Sucks as the last I heard was he was still getting treatment. Hopefully his kids and wife have plenty of friends and family around them. Thanks for letting us know.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@rtghobbies

Damn, that ruined my day as well. So let me say this.

I knew Chris pretty well, we had lots of deals on here- what started as an anonymous guy over the internet doing cards thing, became a pretty good friendship- we would talk from time to time about life, his family, my upcoming wedding, etc. Cards stayed important, but it was nice to get to know the man behind the screen name.

The thing I will remember the most about Chris is the way that he tackled his cancer with a never give up attitude- he was never whiny, but he never tried to sugar coat what he was going through. It was sort of a "here it is, lets deal with it" attitude that I respected a great deal. Even when he knew he likely wouldnt win his fight, his focus wasnt on himself, it was on making his kids and family happy and doing as much as he could with the time he had left.

Chris- you won the fight my friend. Your family will remember all of the good times you had with them, and the way you battled as long as you could to stay with them.

We here at SCF will remember the cards, the camraderie, and the person that you allowed us to know, and to befriend.

Rest well buddy!

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants New York Yankees New York Rangers

Well said Ed.....captures my feelings as well, I found him inspirational how he dealt with his sickness.

Transferred Feedback
    TCC(1874)
    Country
    Penn State Nittany Lions Kansas City Royals
    Twitter: @rtsjr1 See thebusfan's Items on eBay

sad to hear great guy did many deals with him, lmk if anyone does anything for his family

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

So sorry to hear the news. You could tell from his posts that Chris was fighting the cancer with no holds barred, and he would take every glimmer of hope and every possible treatment option as a new battle. It was obvious how much he loved his family and he always seemed to have a positive attitude even when things were bleak. I didn't know him well but we did message back and forth a few times.

I have enjoyed reading the comments and know Chris had an impact on many people.
    May he rest in peace and lucky are those who lives he touched in his too short of a time here.

Mike

Baseball Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Pistons Detroit Lions Detroit Red Wings
    See cramkd117's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Saddened to hear this, Chris represented the best of SCF! He was an inspiration to us all. RIP Chris.

New Member Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See manthis02's Items on eBay

RIP-
    chris

not a good time when
    the SCF-forum

losses a FAMILY MEMBER
    my new flicker

Hidden Content

- ( IN ROCK WE TRUST )= (ITS ROCK or BUST)-

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spuds1961's Items on eBay

So sorry to hear this sad news, his family will be in my prayers and he will be missed. I also found the way he battled to be an inspiration.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

RIP, Chris. Thanks for all you've done for the community here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast