Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mr2latino's Items on eBay

What is your favourite SP Authentic SOT set?

Thinking of putting together an SOTT set (single auto). I am just not sure what year to go after...so I'm coming to you fine folks for some recommendations.

-Are there some years that are harder than others?
    -Best looking year?
    -which year has the most legends?

Thank you!
    Last edited by Zorro; 11-03-2015 at 07:44 PM.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

aweeks is selling her 07-08 set, which looks amazing.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

I have to agree that the 07-08 set does look amazing when it was posted here. It makes me incredibly sad that I cannot afford a master set (I'm trying!) but also incredibly envious of the sheer beauty of an entire set, especially that one.
    Master List: Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

06-07 SOTT looked incredible! Since then, 2010-11 had a really clean design as well.

Great question, OP!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

I also like 07-08 but I think 11-12 was the best looking. I say that seriously as I have tried to acquire the better ones as I think they look awesome. I have Gretz, Orr, Ovy, Stammy, Toews, Kane and more. They look great in person.

It has a decent dose of legends: Gretz, Orr, Bobby Clarke, Wendel Clark, Melrose (lol), Ranford, Barber, Claude Lemieux and more

07-08 probably has a better selection of legends. I wanted to do one too but they are varied player wise. If you want a Lemieux you go to this set, Brodeur There, Howe Here. There isn't 1 set that has all of the guys you would want which turned me off.

Here is my Lundqvist from 11-12:
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country

aweeks is selling her 07-08 set, which looks amazing.

That's what made me think of putting a set together! Lol I just don't want to get to a point where there is a super spppp card and it costs an arm and a leg to just finish the set.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See philmarois76's Items on eBay

I'm a huge SPA SOTT set collectors. I have almost completed several SOT sets over the years. My favorite SOTT set is 2012-13. This may come as a surprise to some initially since the rookie crop was very weak with the labor dispute, but Upper Deck made up the lack of rookies with a very strong (amazing!) checklist of legends, HOF, current stars and even Team Canada. The design is also my favorite by far. The design has a golden background makes it look more classed-up than usual. It also helps that the cards from groupe A and B are much more scarce than the usual volume because the product was very limited and the number of box open was much much lower than any other year.

I have almost complete the entire set:

Individual auto: 57/61
    Dual : 22/23
    triple: 8/8

I also completed other autograph sets from that year 12-13 SPA :
    Marks of Distinction: 14/14
    Signature Stoppers: 11/11

Here's my SCF threads for my missing players:
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...e-Times-(SOTT)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks everyone and especially Phil for the comments and info!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I like the 12/13 set that Phil is collecting, but I'm too late to the show for that set.

I myself am collecting the 13/14 set. I like the clean design of the cards.

I was able to finish the Single SOT set for 13/14 with Beliveau and Gretzky being the tough and expensive ones to get.

The Group A cards in the 13/14 set are Beliveau/Osgood/Fleury/Thornton/Sundin. Group B had Orr/Gretzky as the notable ones. If you expand to the Dual SOTTs, there are some great Duals that year (Gretzky/Messier, Orr/Lidstrom, Roy/Sakic, Fleury/MacInnis)

The 14/15 set is much smaller at only 17 cards this year. Could be easier/cheapest to complete. Only 2 group A's

Really depends on which design you like the most.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

07-08 SOTTs are my favourite autograph set for any hockey cards ever.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast