Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Brian Price to Appear at Expo, Will Attempt to Reacquire Backdoored Product...

https://prezsez.wordpress.com/2015/1...brian-h-price/

When the In The Game brands were sold and the company ceased operations, the company had assets and liabilities. In business, when winding down a company, the assets must be sold to pay all debts to the creditors and this was the case with In The Game.
    Some of the assets sold caused issues with collectors, this was unintentional.
    During my twenty plus years in the hobby it has always been a top priority of mine to put the collector first and I want to continue to do so in my retirement.
    For that reason, I am negotiating in an attempt to reacquire the assets that caused these issues with collectors. If my negotiations are successful, those assets will be used in a Final Vault product so that cards in question will not be confused with any cards issued in In The Game products.
    With respect to individual situations that have already occurred with collectors, I will be prepared to deal with them in order to hopefully satisfy the collectors’ needs.
    I certainly will try my best to do so.

So the stuff that went out the back door is going to be re-purchased, so they can do an ITG Buyback through the front door, and now instead of there being 43 sets of Motown Madness Gold parallel cards with a print run of 30, there will once again only be 30 plus an additional 13 with "Final Vault" stamping.

And if you want to talk to him in person about his practice, you can do so at the Expo this weekend. That should make for some interesting scenes.
    Last edited by RGM81; 11-05-2015 at 03:32 PM.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

That's great. It hurts to find out that the three sets I'm trying to master collect all of a sudden have a higher print run. I do not know much about the whole back door scene so I would like to get some answers.

It hurt me that I have respected ITG cards so much and then have this happen.

I don't see how it's possible to revert print runs from 43 back to 30, this is something beyond me but it's awesome to hear that something is being done about this.

Motown Madness Gold parallels are /10. Decades 90's is /30.
    Master List: Hidden Content

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

How many owners would actually care to try to rectify the situation. Am sure he going to have a long line of people wanting to talk to him good and bad. Look forward to hearing from folks who stop and talk to Dr. Price.

Don

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Motown Madness Gold parallels are /10. Decades 90's is /30.

Right, my bad! Motown only had 4 extras!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I didn't even know how to inquire about this situation. Who would I ask and who even knows?

Were things liquidated and sold out the back door to seemingly 2 sellers? Was Brian Price the one who sold them? It sounds to me like it was done behind his back and he is trying to rectify the situation. I hope that is the case. That would mean the world to me and instantly renew my faith I have in ITG.

What the heck is the point of producing SO many extras? How often do cards need to be replaced? I think there should be a tracker (maybe even here on SCF) of cards that, let's say /10 and there is record of 1 being destroyed in a fire and never replaced. Or in this case /10 being /14. After Dr. Price buys SOME of the back-door cards the confirmed list could be updated to /12 or something. This is something I have been thinking about for a while. I know there are people out there that are well aware of Short Printed cards or the availability of cards becoming Short Printed so they have a premium. Like Short Printed Young Guns or SP Authentic Future Watch. Everyone knows there are /999 but how many are there really?

Regardless, Dr Price has been a well respected member of our community so it's nice to see that he did not disappear completely and he is trying to make things right. It cannot happen 100% but any effort is appreciated because it's a hell of a lot more than no effort.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The average collector will go up to Dr. Price say "boo-hoo", he will give them a free card or two (likely with an expo stamp on it), they will be happy, take a selfie with him and then run home to place it on ebay as quickly as possible.

The die-hard collectors that supported ITG for "many" years and to this day are still trying to finish some sets - telling someone that it is now raining after you've p*ssed into their ear is hardly going to "make things better". How about all of the people that spent "10's" of thousands of dollars on their product who won't be at the expo? Money spent = Money forgotten.

As the earlier post stated, at least this will all be resolved once the "New" Vault series hits and washes away whatever credibility/value existing cards still have.

They say that if you live / stick around long enough, everything comes back into style or that history repeats itself. Anyone remember Pinnacle or Pacific? Remember when a Mirror Gold Gretzky /30 sold for $2500 but how years later, /30 became /60 became out of ?

Anyone placing bets as to whether or not the "remaining" Cut Autographs will be in this new Vault?

Dr. Price at least the few times that I spoke with him was/is(?) a good man but this should never have happened.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout (40)
    Country

As expected ITG comments and he's still no good. I hope the crusaders within this hobby sitting behind their screens rush to the expo and voice their concerns to ITG. My opinion though is nothing will happen because those tough guys will be snuggled up at home with their lap top.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nature is good humans are evil.

Wait til the Expo for some actual insight as to what happened.

People sitting behind their laptops, yes, ripping people off from the comfort of their closed doors. Some humans are disgraceful. That's why I say it's impossible to rectify this situation 100%. I mean, 2 sellers on eBay have EVERYTHING it seems. One of them will be at the Expo. Some have been sold already. I know quite a few of us on SCF, myself included already have some of these back-door cards in our possession.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Meh. I've bought a few cards from the backdoor men.... and I'll just keep them. I mean, if someone offers me 3x what I paid, sure I'll sell, but I'm happy with the cards that north-of-7, D&A, and SCC have sold me in the last few months.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

As expected ITG comments and he's still no good. I hope the crusaders within this hobby sitting behind their screens rush to the expo and voice their concerns to ITG. My opinion though is nothing will happen because those tough guys will be snuggled up at home with their lap top.

I sincerely hope that the dude with 6 copies of a card with a stated print run of 5 is first in line to talk to him. He deserves an explanation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast