Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

First time selling in a long time - where are shipping rates at?!

Hi folks,

I'll be setting up my first big sale in a long time today, and it's been so long that I'm not sure where shipping prices are at right now. I live in the Toronto area, so I checked out canadapost.ca to have a look, and things seem a lot less complicated than they were when I last sold, and in some cases the rates actually seem to have went down, I'd like to confirm these.

A bubble mailer within canada still going for a $1.80 stamp plus tax? Seems to be.

A bubble mailer to the USA that weighs under 100g (most) is now only $2.95 plus tax? Is that right? I thought it was $5.00 last time I had to send out a package. Over 100g it jumps up to $5.15 plus tax.

A bubble mailer to Europe is now $5.90 plus tax if it's 100g or under? Again, I think that's less than the last time I sold, but I could be mistaken.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/per...prices.jsf#usa

Is this right?
    Last edited by ravens_creed; 11-08-2015 at 05:20 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

Hi folks,

I'll be setting up my first big sale in a long time today, and it's been so long that I'm not sure where shipping prices are at right now. I live in the Toronto area, so I checked out canadapost.ca to have a look, and things seem a lot less complicated than they were when I last sold, and in some cases the rates actually seem to have went down, I'd like to confirm these.

A bubble mailer within canada still going for a $1.80 stamp plus tax? Seems to be.

A bubble mailer to the USA that weighs under 100g (most) is now only $2.95 plus tax? Is that right? I thought it was $5.00 last time I had to send out a package. Over 100g it jumps up to $5.15 plus tax.

A bubble mailer to Europe is now $5.90 plus tax if it's 100g or under? Again, I think that's less than the last time I sold, but I could be mistaken.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/per...prices.jsf#usa

Is this right?

Spot on buddy!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the confirmation. Wow, that's pretty great that the rates to the US and International have actually gone down closer to what they used to be. Woo hoo!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rydlar99's Items on eBay

They haven't gone down... I think someone overcharged you before.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Maple Leafs
    See thehip_022's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Depends on the postal clerk/outlet .. if you they make you send as a Light Packet to the USA , then it's 5.00 $ ( which they all do around me ) some still seem to get away with sending regular mail

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Depends on the postal clerk/outlet .. if you they make you send as a Light Packet to the USA , then it's 5.00 $ ( which they all do around me ) some still seem to get away with sending regular mail

I've had my mail sent both ways. Sometimes they'll let it slide w/regular mail, other times i'll pay around $5.00. But at my post office, when they start seeing me regularly, will charge me just for regular mail.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See allenhawks's Items on eBay

Yes the last few i've sent to USA have been $5. A couple other times the clerk said should be able to go regular mail but they both came back due to insufficient postage, so i do light packet now.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Shucks, thanks for the confirmation. I guess if it seems to good to be true... although, funny how those are the rates as posted on their website.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

If you buy stamps and then throw your bubblers into a mailbox you can get away with all of that above. You're playing with fire by interacting with a postal clerk. FIRE!!!!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

If you buy stamps and then throw your bubblers into a mailbox you can get away with all of that above. You're playing with fire by interacting with a postal clerk. FIRE!!!!

This is a good point. Thankfully the clerks are super friendly where I go, and I suppose they give me a break pretty often.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast