Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See fifthcup90's Items on eBay

A small scale collector's nightmare

OK, I know I am getting older (51, not that old), but I simply have no explanation where one of my Kurri cards has gone. It took me a dozen or more years to acquire the 93/94 Stadium Club First Day Issue Kurri. It has been in a screw down holder in the same box since I got it. Until now, apparently. It is simply gone. I may be unorganized in other parts of my life, but from seated downstairs I can retrieve ANY Kurri card I own from upstairs in my hobby room (walk in closet) in less than a minute. I could probably verbally guide anyone to it in less than two. I know my Kurri collection to a fault. But as Herb said "not this one....not....tonight." Or actually this weekend. I have turned every end of my collection upside down and can't find it. Now, I know what you are saying, I have forgotten something, and of course it is a possibility. But, it is just the strangest thing. It's like it was simply plucked from the box. Most cards are replaceable, but I simply don't know if I will ever find another one.

In the grand scheme of things, life will go on. But, for the hardcore Kurri collector that I am, it is simply a nightmare.
    I collect: Kurri, '70s Kelloggs and Topps hockey(also OPC), football, and baseball cards, vintage stars and World Series subset cards.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Hmm, can't say I've ever been in the same position, but I feel for you.

Hopefully your card turns up soon. Depending on how many cards you may own, maybe sort through and organize your collection within the next few days? I know when I sort through/Organize my cards I always find 1 or 2 cards that I have lost track of over time. Who knows, maybe the Kurri will turn up when you re-organize a few boxes of cards or so?

Hoping this story has a happy ending. Lost cards are not fun.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Doh, hope it turns up somewhere soon!

I know when I misplaced a handful of cards I couldn't sleep until I found them (and boy did Ms. Sedinfan think I was nuts rummaging around after 2am) - luckily I found them tucked away behind my paper shredder for some bizarre reason, but I probably would've gone a sleepless night had they not turned up. Fingers crossed for ya, let us know if you find it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks guys, and my story sounds almost exactly like yours "sedinfan", with my wife asking me what I was doing so late before I went to bed. I'm going nuts, or maybe already was.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Thanks guys, and my story sounds almost exactly like yours "sedinfan", with my wife asking me what I was doing so late before I went to bed. I'm going nuts, or maybe already was.

We pay money for scribbled on cardboard, I think all of us collectors are in the "nutty" category already ;)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See joshpackham's Items on eBay

I know it seems silly but in the past I have misplaced cards, and it turned out they were still sitting on my scanner
    Hidden Content
    I collect Ovechkin, Matt Johnson and Nathan Horton

MY PC
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I know it seems silly but in the past I have misplaced cards, and it turned out they were still sitting on my scanner

Well, if I had a scanner..... Here I sit a work, still trying to figure out where the heck it could be.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I was just about to post this!!! i thought i was the only one that this happened to!!
    Hidden Content
    -Keith
    Collecting Nick Foligno and Erik Condra
    Main Want:
    Erik Condra 1/1s and Erik Condra artifacts black rookie /5

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Phoenix Coyotes Buffalo Sabres Tampa Bay Rays
    See hunngarr's Items on eBay

A similar thing has been happening to me over the past 10 years or so. I have 2 Kevin Stevens autographed cards. I keep planning on taking a picture of them together (either 1 or both have fake autos) but I can only seem to find one at a time (find one, misplace the other). Currently I'm not certain where either of them are.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Every collector's nightmare, regardless of scale, is to lose one of their prized cards.

For the life of me I never did find out where my childhood copies of my Guy Lafleur and Ken Dryden RC's disappeared to. Probably some jerk "friend" stole them.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast