Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Looking for tips for first time seller on eBay

So I finally have some decent cards that I expect to sell in the $50-$100+ range. I've never sold anything on eBay before so I'm wondering if my feedback score as a seller would diminish the value of the cards to potential buyers. As a buyer my score is 123 (100% over the last 12months). I'm unsure whether seller/buyer feedback shows up differently on eBay.

My question to you guys is do you think I should sell some lower end cards to build up my feedback score before listing my higher end cards? Your advice is much appreciated. Thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am interested in this answer as well. Thanks for posting it.
    I know it's possible to separately view buying from selling feedback.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Maple Leafs
    See thehip_022's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

My biggest piece of advice , any high end item ship with tracking either bill the buyer or eat the cost , because if they file a claim of not receiving the item and you cannot provide tracking , you 99% automatically lose the case and will be out the card and money

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

I'd say if you put stuff up for auction your modest feedback score might attract fewer bidders, but I wouldn't think it would make a massive difference. Best advice...Put everything up as a BIN or OBO and be patient. You will get more this way, and it will only take one person to get the price you want.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I say sell your cards here oN this site and steer clear of FREEBAY.

SCF Rewards
    Country

As a buyer, I don't really have any qualms about low or zero feedback. As gets discussed plenty in the ebay issues sticky thread, there are lots of stories about sellers getting taken advantage of by low life buyers who file claims about not receiving items which ebay/paypal nearly universally side with the buyer. Now I'm not one to abuse the system, but it's nice to know that if something goes wrong I'm protected, so I really don't see the risk to me in buying from someone new (hey, we all have to start somewhere).

The only thing that makes me turn away are the sellers who SHOUT IN 144 POINT FONTS in their auction descriptions in hilariously broken English saying stuff like "Look.. if u BiD on my auctionz I Am ssikc of Getting taKen advnae of By lowlife Scumm buyters. U must pay in 24 HRS or I WILL report youj to ebazy. Dnt ever emAil me sking where you r cards r.. I DonTT control the Mail sstrem oK???!? God Bless and Jebus will ssave u!" I just don't have the spare time in my life to deal with an endless messaging war with the nuts out there that think the world is out to get them, so I just stay far away :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Build up your account by either making 10 small purchases or selling 10 small items.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 933homeplate's Items on eBay

Provide multiple photo`s of the card and make sure they are clear. If a picture is foggy they think you are hiding a flaw. And package securly. I package a $1 card the same as a $200 card. It means something to someone.
    Last edited by 933homeplate; 11-14-2015 at 06:52 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

If you list as auction format it could diminish the closing value. No, your score is your score whether it is accumulated from selling or buying. Buyers will see 123.

Here's my advice, take it or leave it.

1. DO NOT AUCTION. Use BIN or BO.
    2. As another member said, for higher value items like you mentioned send with tracking. Charge $13US for Canada and $17US to USA. Use the PayPal label printing option as well, save 10%.
    3. ALWAYS SHIP IN A BUBBLE PADDED ENVELOPE.
    4. Before accepting any offer make sure to research the feedback of the offering member.
    5. List in US currency.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you list as auction format it could diminish the closing value. No, your score is your score whether it is accumulated from selling or buying. Buyers will see 123.

Here's my advice, take it or leave it.

1. DO NOT AUCTION. Use BIN or BO.
    2. As another member said, for higher value items like you mentioned send with tracking. Charge $13US for Canada and $17US to USA. Use the PayPal label printing option as well, save 10%.
    3. ALWAYS SHIP IN A BUBBLE PADDED ENVELOPE.
    4. Before accepting any offer make sure to research the feedback of the offering member.
    5. List in US currency.

Thanks for the tips everyone.

Can an you explain #4 for me in more detail? I didn't know as a seller that a could reject a buyer, or is that just referring to BO items.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast