Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

Injured? 'Heal'y Your Wounds With This Maple Leafs Piece!

GlennHealy that is...

Asusual, gotta toot my own horn before sharing, so don't forget to like"Bruce C. Goaltending Museum" on Facebook.

Anyways,as you all know, I am a huge collector of NHL goaltender memorabilia. Rightnow, I fight the internal struggle of saving up to purchase a new home so myusual spending habits on memorabilia has taken the backburner. Having saidthat, when the price is right or if there is something I feel I cannot livewithout, I proudly add it into my collection. So when I was doing my bi-weeklyin-depth search of the Meigray sales page, I came across a certain sweater sorecently listed with little info on it except the player name, team, year, andcolor of the sweater. I pulled the trigger on it and now here we begin:

GlennHealy was born on August 23, 1962 in Pickering, Ontario. Boasting a finecollegiate career with Western Michigan University for four seasons, the LosAngeles Kings noticed something in him when they signed him in 1985. Eventhough he spent that 1985-86 season largely in the minor leagues, he did get achance and made his NHL debut on November 27, 1985, a humiliating 9-0 defeat atthe hands of the Hartford Whalers in which he allowed six goals on thirty fiveshots. The following season, he assumed the full time backup role in LosAngeles, appearing in 34 games before becoming the starter by the followingyear. He was then traded to the Islanders in 1989 and there he played for fourseasons, even leading the team into the Conference Finals of the playoffs in1992-93. After that stellar season, Healy was drafted by the expansion Ducks,and then chosen by Tampa Bay the next day, before his rights were traded to theRangers. Backing up Mike Richter in New York, Healy was a Stanley Cup Winner in1994, appearing in 29 regular season and two playoff games for the team thatseason. He backed up Richter for four seasons before being acquired by theToronto Maple Leafs as a free agent in 1997. There, Healy played the final fourseasons of his career before retiring at the end of 2000-01.

Inhis 437 game NHL career, Healy recorded a 166-190-47 record with 13 shutouts, a3.37GAA, a 0.887% save average, and 15 assists. In 37 career playoff games, herecorded a 13-15 record with a 3.36GAA, a 0.881% save average, and fourshutouts.

Thejersey you are looking at right now is a 1997-98 pre-season worn jersey used byGlenn Healy as he competed against Felix Potvin and Marcel Cousineau for aposition on the team which he eventually got by getting Cousineau sent to theminors. The wear is noticeable on the sweater as it features some piling, aswell as plenty of stick and puck marks.

Acquiredfrom: Meigray Group

Datesof Game Use: Unknown number of preseason games

Photomatched:No

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Another nice jersey! Congrats Bruce.