Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Value Over Time - Is there a data graph of top MJ cards?

Is there a graph of MJ card values over time? Assuming that the condition of the card remains constant, it would be interesting to know how MJ cards have held up over the years. I know it's "better" than other players' cards in general, but some concrete data would be helpful.

I'm thinking it should be filtered by the top 50 or 100 MJ cards, since most of the MJ cards over time don't retain their value as much and have even declined in value over the years (many bulk printed '90s cards). I believe someone made a graph of the '86-'87 Fleer Rookie card, but that seems to have been a one-off effort for such a lucrative card. And, I'm referring of course to only production, unaltered (e.g. no autographs added after the fact - autograph cards issued by the manufacturer is ok of course) cards. Graded and slabbed cards are fine, as omitting this quality would mean that many if not most of the MJ card data would be eliminated (and slabbed cards are great for its card protection and authenticity verification). I'm also assuming a minimum "high" grade made by the top tier graders like BGS, however that may have been defined by the graph's creators.

Thanks in advance!

SCF Rewards
    Country

His top 50 in my opinion would be his rare 90's inserts, autographs from that era , exquisite and logoman. Really difficult to graph over time however looking at worthpoint for past sales of those cards would be a good indicator of value over time.
    Last edited by jordan23; 11-20-2015 at 08:36 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Does anybody believe the conspiracy theory that super high end Jordan inserts and cards don't actually sell for what they do but are instead inflated by a few high end Jordan collectors who try to manipulate the market?
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Does anybody believe the conspiracy theory that super high end Jordan inserts and cards don't actually sell for what they do but are instead inflated by a few high end Jordan collectors who try to manipulate the market?

Yep that was the case five years ago when certain Individuals were manipulating the market with false information. Most high end inserts have come back to normal now.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Knicks New York Yankees New York Giants
    See don't have an eBay account...'s Items on eBay

Why am I not surprised.. that is so PITIFUL. A real shame.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (5) Sports Card Freaks
    Country
    See andyg2350's Items on eBay

Yeah I believe it was a real occurrence but it doesn't just happen for 90's cards. Many newer products have been subject to the same manipulation tactics. These people doing this need to rot in dirt.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yep that was the case five years ago when certain Individuals were manipulating the market with false information. Most high end inserts have come back to normal now.

Yeah I believe it was a real occurrence but it doesn't just happen for 90's cards. Many newer products have been subject to the same manipulation tactics. These people doing this need to rot in dirt.

Interesting. I stopped paying attention to most basketball stuff years ago so I didn't see where this ended up but that's a shame. Though I guess whenever you have a lot of money on the line you will always have people who will try and rig the system to their advantage.