Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

why would releasing them in the US make them worthless?

Because there is a huge glut of them now. Originally they came out in Canada first. Look at the prices...they went from $10 for commons to $1. McDavid went off yesterday for $15 originally they went for $75 before all the US Walmarts received them. They will still go lower for a bit.

I am hoping when the original surge is done they might come back up a little.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

Because there is a huge glut of them now. Originally they came out in Canada first. Look at the prices...they went from $10 for commons to $1. McDavid went off yesterday for $15 originally they went for $75 before all the US Walmarts received them. They will still go lower for a bit.

I am hoping when the original surge is done they might come back up a little.

That's quite common. For sellers, the early bird gets the worm. Even with YGs, most will start high and come down quickly. However, there are always people building sets or team/player collectors who want the hot rookies now and don't want to wait.

Also as inserts of McDavid slowly become available through different sets, more people will be satisfied that they finally have a McDavid hockey card (not necessarily a rookie card of him). 2005-06 with Crosby and Ovechkin is a great example of that. I remember when their base cards from Heroes & Prospects would sell for a few dollars each, and the Crosby/Ovechkin Rookie Showdown insert from UD that sold well for a little while and then quickly dropped.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See miscs75's Items on eBay

Does anybody know if any of NYC area Walmarts have these blasters? I went to Secaucus Walmart and no hockey cards there at all. Also their personnel never heard about this Black Friday promotion, although judging from this thread it should be running in the US as well!

I went to 4 Targets on Long Island over the last couple days with no luck. I've yet to see hockey cards in Walmart to begin with.
    I collect Matt Dzieduszycki, Derek King, Pierre Turgeon (Isles only), Zigmund Palffy (Isles only) plus specific current Isles (mainly Wahlstrom, Dobson, Barzal, Beauvillier, Pulock)

All photos/lists can be found here:
    Hidden Content

Please, no more offers for tradebait. I have enough of it as it is.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Does anybody know if Toys R Us and London Drugs will be getting Tins/Blasters/Retail boxes this year?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I saw a few collector's obtain The Parkhurst Mcdavid's via the EXPO. I think the first one sold for over $100.
    I COLLECT HIGH END TRUE AUTO RCS OF LEBRON JAMES, GIANNIS, TOM BRADY, CONNOR MCDAVID & SIDNEY CROSBY.

BANNED

Country

I have 2 McDavids, not sure these Pankhurst cards are worth anything.

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

have two unopened boxes that I am open to offers on :)
    Bobby Ryan NON 1/1 PC 1280/1339 95.6%
    Aidan Dudas NON 1/1 PC 47/47 100%!!!!!
    Nick Suzuki PC 152 cards
    Wayne Gretzky PC 1593 cards
    Wade Boggs PC 359 cards
    Tony Gwynn PC 187 cards
    Derek Jeter PC 90 cards

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (139)
    Country
    See adamslogikcards's Items on eBay

UD black friday boxes..is the well dry?

Okay, so here is the deal.

There is only 1 walmart within a 45 minute drive of my place.

I cleaned out their Black friday blasters last week, 12 blasters, 2 McDavid YGs and 4 McDavid Parkhursts.

2 days ago they restocked.(20 more blasters)

I bought 3 more blasters. 1 more Mcdavid YG.

Today I bought another 3 blasters. McDavid Young guns!!!

Should I buy more, or do you guys think that maybe this well is dry and I've pulled all of the McDavid young guns that I will find from the same walmart? The McDavid Parkhursts help to cover costs on the weak boxes, but I've opened 6 boxes in a row now and haven't hit any, which kind of stinks.

It's worth noting that the only other young guns of note that I pulled were 1 Domi and 2 Panarins and that ALL FOUR of my McDavid Young Guns were boxed with Galiev and Medvedev YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbuying79's Items on eBay

Okay, so here is the deal.

There is only 1 walmart within a 45 minute drive of my place.

I cleaned out their Black friday blasters last week, 12 blasters, 2 McDavid YGs and 4 McDavid Parkhursts.

2 days ago they restocked.(20 more blasters)

I bought 3 more blasters. 1 more Mcdavid YG.

Today I bought another 3 blasters. McDavid Young guns!!!

Should I buy more, or do you guys think that maybe this well is dry and I've pulled all of the McDavid young guns that I will find from the same walmart? The McDavid Parkhursts help to cover costs on the weak boxes, but I've opened 6 boxes in a row now and haven't hit any, which kind of stinks.

It's worth noting that the only other young guns of note that I pulled were 1 Domi and 2 Panarins and that ALL FOUR of my McDavid Young Guns were boxed with Galiev and Medvedev YG's.

The McDavids come in runs. I've opened a lot of them mostly in 30 box+ breaks. In these breaks I found I'd get one or 3+

Other interesting notes.
    McDavid always comes with one of a few other young guns. I could usually tell if a box had one by the first young guns I pulled from it.
    When opening a lot of boxes if you get a lot of Domi you usually get a lot of McDavid. On the flip side if your boxes are heaving in Bennett and Larking you won't get as many McDavids.

Lot's of other things I noticed. My sample size is about 160 blasters.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

There is absolutely a pattern to the McDavid boxes. Mine had Galiev, Medvedev, Parayko, and Kennins YG's. I watched a bunch of breaks on YouTube and the boxes that had McDavids had the same guys in them, and they rarely appeared in any other boxes. The sixth YG seems to alternate, mine was Domi but the boxes I've seen can have a different player.

If you're at an LCS buying packs and you pull any of the above guys, KEEP BUSTING. There is a McDavid in that box somewhere.
    Last edited by Inferno; 11-26-2015 at 03:41 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast