Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

The 12 Days of Christmas? Nah...The 12 Days of Sidorkiewicz Is More Like It!

Besure to give Bruce C. Goaltending Museum a like on Facebook to show yoursupport of this project for the recognition and preservation of the memoriesand memorabilia of every goalie to ever play in the National Hockey League!

https://www.facebook.com/Bruce-C-Goaltending-Museum-1572156393052278/

Anyways, this is what we've been waiting for. The giant lot of 15 uniquepieces has arrived, and to have some fun, I'll put `The Twelve Days ofChristmas` to shame with `The Twelve Days of Sidorkiewicz`, working our way upfrom the least exciting to most exciting piece of memorabilia of the lot in myeyes. All will be posted in this thread, updated by the day!

Anyways, let me tell all of you a tale...

Bornin Poland on June 29, 1963, this goaltender was drafted by the WashingtonCapitals 91st overall in 1981. His name...Peter Sidorkiewicz. Drafted after afine career in the OHL with the Oshawa Generals, Sidorkiewicz faield to makethe Capitals' roster at any point early in his career. He was eventually tradedto Hartford in 1985 and played three more seasons in the American Hockey Leaguebefore being he finally got his chance at the big time, appearing in his firstNHL game on October 16, 1987 against Clint Malarchuk and the WashingtonCapitals. Though he lost 6-2 and stopped 30 of 36 shots, it was a valuablelesson on the road to a decent NHL career. The following season, he assume thestarting role on the team, coming out of nowhere to record 22 wins, and fourshutouts in his first real season in the League. He played three additional seasonswith the Whalers, never quite matching the numbers of his first year before hewas drafted by the Ottawa Senators in the 1992 Expansion Draft. There he playedone season as the first started for the team appearing in 64 games and makingthe first All-Star appearance of both his career and of an Ottawa Senatorsplayer. The following season, the Devils acquired Sidorkiewicz. Largely stayingin the minor leagues, he appeared in three games with the Devils in 1993-94. Hethen stayed in the Devils' organization for four additonal seasons, remaininglargely in the minors until the final game of his career on December 30, 1997.After the 1997-98 season, Sidorkiewicz retired from play.

Inhis 246 game NHL career, he recorded a 79-128-27 record with eight shutouts, nineassists, a 3.60GAA and a 0.871% save average. In 15 career playoff games, herecorded a 5-10 record with a 3.62GAA and a 0.867% save average.

So...`On the first day of Sidorkiewicz, ClassicAuctions shipped to me....` something that was used by Peter Sidorkiewicz tostore all of his game worn gear in while with the Devils' organization, mostlikely in Albany.This Brown Goalie Equipment Bag definitely saw some use as theodors within attest to.

Acquiredfrom: Classic Auctions Fall 2015 Auction

Datesof Game Use: N/A

Photomatched:N/A

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country

And we continue!

"On the second day of Sidorkiewicz, Classic Auctions shipped to me..." circa 1993 game worn Brian's goalie pants used by Sidorkiewicz with the Sens and/or the Devils.

Acquired from: Classic Auctions Fall 2015 Auction

Dates of Game Use: Unknown

Photomatched: No

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country

On we go..."On the third day of Sidorkiewicz, Classic Auctions shipped to me..." three game worn chest protectors used in his time spanning from the Ottawa Senators circa 1993 to his time in the Devils' organization from 1993-98. Great wear, great marks matching the colors of the teams he played on are all a testament to the game use of these items.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

you have some incredible stuff!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country

Thanks a lot for the comment!

And the memorabilia journey continues! "On the fourth day of Sidorkiewicz, Classic Auctions shipped to me..." two pairs of game worn skates used circa 1993 in his time with the Sens and Devils organizations. Good game wear on them with a lot of puck marks, rust, salting, and general odors, a great piece of hockey memorabilia.

From tomorrow on, we will be getting into more of the funner stuff!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country

And now we get onto the more fun stuff, the equipment that was actually on-ice visible. So, without further ado...

"On the fifth day of Sidorkiewiecz, Classic Auctions shipped to me..." an Ottawa Senators / All-Star Game / New Jersey Devils / Minor League worn blocker that is photomatched to the 1993 All-Star Game.

Though wear had increased substantially since the picture in question, the notable marks are there and have been measured for scale with the reference image and check out as those ones.

Dates of Game Use: Pre-All Star Game Sens games (unknown number)
    February 6, 1993 All-Star Game v Campbell Conference (16-6W, 14-16)
    Likely New Jersey Devils / Minor League use as well

Photomatched: Yes

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Wow, now these are some great finds! Love the older C/A's, and the blocker has some serious wear on it. Great stuff to see for an equipment collector like yourself. Can't wait for more!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country

Thank you, and we still have seven more days of Sidorkiewicz memorabilia to go!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hope day big piece at the end is his mask! Not a memorabilia guy, but I think an NHL used goalie mask would be at the top of my list!

A mid 90s Felix Potvin or Martin Brodeur mask ...... droooooooooooooool
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country

Hope day big piece at the end is his mask! Not a memorabilia guy, but I think an NHL used goalie mask would be at the top of my list!

A mid 90s Felix Potvin or Martin Brodeur mask ...... droooooooooooooool

I wish, the only masks up were a Whalers Cooper mask that I could not photomatch and a late career AHL mask that I really didn't want. A big thing for me with masks is that they must be matchable. I do currently own one NHL game worn mask in the museum, one OHL mask, and one late 1960s mask.

--------------------

And here I go again on my own...walking down the only road I've ever known...because "on the sixth day of Sidorkiewicz, Classic Auctions shipped to me"...a mid to late 1990s game worn glove most likely used while in Albany. I have found one tiny, low-res photo reference to a glove model such as this in the 1997-98 Albany River Rats team photo.

Wear is minimal, but what I find most interesting is a modification where he has velcroed a moisture absorbing pad into the glove so there is no excess sweat. I own a fair bit of NHL used gloves and blockers, and this was the first time I've seen that.

Dates of Game Use: Likely mid 1990s AHL use

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast