Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (22)
    Country

Question about fake jerseys. Can anybody help me out.

Hi all.

Not sure if this is in the right spot mods so move it where ever it should be.

I am looking at buying 2 jerseys online but I can't tell if they are knockoffs or authentic.

Edit*** They do have fight straps***

but i still don't want to be buying a cheap knockoff.

please pm me if you can help!

working on pics right now.

thanks for your help
    Last edited by dupariel; 12-01-2015 at 08:44 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Not going to lie I have bought a cheap knockoff and it sure beats buying $150+ Authentic one. You really cant tell and I wear it a lot. Just my opinion.

Anyways a lot of the knockoffs (china) have fightstraps. (Mine does). I couldn't help you with yours as I would have to see it.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

If you're buying a real authentic jersey (i.e. pro style, exactly like a player would wear) you're going to pay something in the range of $300 CAN for it. It will be noticeably heavier than the Chinese fakes, the stitches are thicker. Seams are much better. That's three real dead give aways.

If you buy an "authentic replica" (the $150 variety, in Canadian Stores) they're much closer to the Chinese ones, but they don't (typically) have fight straps. The stitching is still going to be superior, so are the seams.

If someone is selling you an authentic jersey, and they want $75 for it: 90% of the time it's a fake. The other 10% are because it's either used, dirty (bad storage), has some minor defect, or it's a player that's been traded. Nobody sells authentic jerseys for that low of a price... so if you're buying something for $75 (and there are tons of people out there trying to pass off the fakes as the real thing) I would not do it.

If you're getting it for $30, it's a fake (the above 10% shouldn't sell this low even) but it still might look nice.

I won't suggest for a second it's okay to buy fakes, but I won't claim to have never done it myself. I own 4 authentic pro jerseys, and they are all of obviously higher quality than the replicas I own (2 of them) which are of obviously higher quality than the half dozen (or so) knock offs I own too.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (22)
    Country

Heres the pics:

not the best quality but its all i got

Toews:

Stamkos:

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See de2015-smit's Items on eBay

Not going to lie I have bought a cheap knockoff and it sure beats buying $150+ Authentic one. You really cant tell and I wear it a lot. Just my opinion.

Anyways a lot of the knockoffs (china) have fightstraps. (Mine does). I couldn't help you with yours as I would have to see it.

Same I love my knockoffs I had a really nice Cloutier I used to wear in ball hockey/ beer league for years until it fell apart. Alot of the knock offs out there are of surprisingly good quality and are virtually indistinguishable from the real thing not to mention you can get some of them really cheap. I've never understood why some people hate the knockoffs when an "authentic" is $150-250 and a good knockoff is pretty much indistinguishable from the "authentic" version . Only difference is one is licensed and very expensive and one isn't. Pro series is another thing though and much higher quality.

Now too the OP without pics it's impossible to tell but unless it's being sold as a GU the fact it has a fight strap leads me to think it's some form of knockoff though it could still be an "authentic" just with some custom modifications. Also what is the price range if it's really cheap compared to the "authentic" versions than it's likely a knockoff.

Edit: pics of the inside stitching would really help
    Last edited by PGCougars; 12-01-2015 at 08:46 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (22)
    Country

Same I love my knockoffs I had a really nice Cloutier I used to wear in ball hockey/ beer league for years until it fell apart. Alot of the knock offs out there are of surprisingly good quality and are virtually indistinguishable from the real thing not to mention you can get some of them really cheap. I've never understood why some people hate the knockoffs when an "authentic" is $150-250 and a good knockoff is pretty much indistinguishable from the "authentic" version . Only difference is one is licensed and very expensive and one isn't. Pro series is another thing though and much higher quality.

Now too the OP without pics it's impossible to tell but unless it's being sold as a GU the fact it has a fight strap leads me to think it's some form of knockoff though it could still be an "authentic" just with some custom modifications. Also what is the price range if it's really cheap compared to the "authentic" versions than it's likely a knockoff.

Edit: pics of the inside stitching would really help

The price is $70 each so i am pretty sure they are knockoffs. my next question would be do they look like they are knockoffs or do they look pretty good?

don't think i can get any other pics

Thanks for your help!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See de2015-smit's Items on eBay

The price is $70 each so i am pretty sure they are knockoffs. my next question would be do they look like they are knockoffs or do they look pretty good?

don't think i can get any other pics

Thanks for your help!!!

The Hawks logo looks off too me apart from that I don't know it's hard to make out details in these pictures. I would say that at 70 bucks they're almost 100% guaranteed knockoffs.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

If the price is under $100 and it's not of a traded player or an out-of-print/clearance jersey, it's a knock-off.

I'm not familiar enough with Chicago's 2009 Winter Classic design (have they worn that in other games?) or Tampa's jersey to point out any obvious deficiencies but I can spot the tell-tale signs on a Habs jersey in seconds.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I'll just reiterate what I said earlier (I can't really tell from the photos.... but certainly those styles are jerseys that have been done as knock offs):

- For $70, you're getting a knockoff. I'd be 99% certain of that.
    - Knockoffs are not worth $70, IMO. $70 for the pair would be okay, but not each.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

The Toews I can 100% guarantee is fake, I can tell on that one no problem. Stamkos is hard to tell, but if it has a fight strap, and it's only $70 like others above have noted, it's most likely fake as well.

Some of the fakes are actually really good and you can't really tell the difference too much, but some are horrible. I have some knock off jerseys in my collection, but I get pretty picky and only pick ones that look pretty good. I wouldn't buy that Toews (just my own opinion) but the Stamkos doesn't look too bad. Can't really tell too much though.

Like Richard stated, if you don't know the team and their jersey well, it's harder to spot them. But I can pick off Sabres & Avs fakes in my sleep they are so obvious.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast