Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Not your average PC Cornerstone - But It's "Flawless"

Haven't posted a Show and Tell in awhile, but this certainly warrants a little showing off.

For those who haven't had much communication with me, last weekend was spent as a mini 4 day vacation for me and my girlfriend in New York City. Despite doing all kinds of tourist things, I still managed to pick up some hockey stuff :)

Upon deciding we were going to take a trip to NYC, I wanted to check what hockey games were going on. It's on my Bucket List to see a game in MSG, but unfortunately they were on the road the entire time.

However, the Devils had a home game Friday night, and my hotel was in NJ only a 30 minute drive away, and my girlfriend is a Devils fan so I decided to pick up some tickets to that game with their Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal.

HUGE special shout out to Elias Devil who helped me a bunch via PM with tips about attending the game, and even hooked me up with a Black Friday code for free parking in advance. Made it super easy to have my parking already covered right across from the arena for free. Thanks a bunch my friend.

Game wasn't looking promising for the Devils being down 2-0 after 2, but they rallied, and Palmieri put the OT winner in right in front of us.

Not bad seats we had.

Continuing on with the hockey theme, for those who don't know, the NHL has their retail store in NYC, which is a must for me to check out of course. I had a blank Pens jersey that I bought this summer, and I had STEMPNIAK lettered onto it by them. I now have regular jerseys from STL, PHX, CGY, and PIT of him. Need NYR, WPG, and NJD to catch up lol. Refuse to get a Leafs jersey LOL.

Also, I found this little guy in the NHL store as an oddball pickup, which I always love when I can get little oddball things for the PC.

Cal Clutterbuck OYO Figure

Super cheap little oddball item, and I really enjoy the fact that the little character has a killer mustache just like Cal lol.

But where does a PC cornerstone come in from NYC?

For those who communicated with me about if I was going to attend the expo my usual response was "Need to see how my funds look because NYC is going to be expensive."

Well NYC is certainly expensive, but here's the real reason why it cost so much:

It was my girlfriends dream to see this:

The Christmas Tree at Rockefeller Center, which is truly a sight to see if you ever get the chance. People everywhere and it's insanely busy around there, but it's awesome up close to see it.

However, with one dream for her, came another...

BAM. The real reason why I was saving for our trip was because I needed some funds for this bad boy. Good news - She said yes :D

So here is a picture of the happy engaged couple from Central Park - definitely a PC Cornerstone to say the least.

So there you have it - nothing huge in the hockey department, but I figured I'd share my NYC adventure.

Comments appreciated as always, thanks for reading!

SCF Graphics

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See dnjcards's Items on eBay

That's awesome Derrick, congratulations!! Happy holidays to you and your new fiance :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

That's wayyyyyyyyyyyyy cool, Derrick, congrats on everything!! Look at you with your youth and hair and future and everything

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pidge27's Items on eBay

All this Love in the post except for my Leafs! Congrats on such a wonderful event! All the best to you and your Fiancé in 2016!
    Hidden Content

Looking for 01-02, 02-03 BTP memorabilia

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Congratulations on the big life moment!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content