Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

I'm doing something most of you probably couldn't do

Hi folks,

How was your holidays?

I must have been good, or Santa tried to shut me up LOL. I got some nice stuff.

I got an iPad (which I vowed I would never need but someone gave me one anyway), $40 of iTunes cards, a silver chain, clothes, lots of nick-knacks and...a tin of 2014-15 Upper Deck Series I hockey cards!

However, other than chocolate or candy, I do not touch anything under my tree until I take down the tree and decorations. From Christmas day till I take down the tree and decorations is two weeks.

Do you think you could wait two weeks to open a box of cards?

Tony

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

I could give an explanation but I'll simply put it this way:

Nope.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Echoing what geshrocks says:

Not a chance lol.

My record for buying a box and not opening it lasted about an hour.
    Last edited by pur3strpker0; 12-29-2015 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Grammar

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See truepar's Items on eBay

I've had 4 Walmart Black Friday blasters sitting under the tree for over a month... going to open them New Years eve. Also had about 50+ random packs from retail bins, hobby store sales since the FALL sitting in my stocking. Finally opened those on Boxing Day, haha... so I guess I do have *some* restraint!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs

I've had 4 Walmart Black Friday blasters sitting under the tree for over a month... going to open them New Years eve. Also had about 50+ random packs from retail bins, hobby store sales since the FALL sitting in my stocking. Finally opened those on Boxing Day, haha... so I guess I do have *some* restraint!

Kudos on your patience! Nice knowing there is at least someone out there like me with will power LOL

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I could but I don't need that kind of negativity in my life. LOL
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

ha! not a chance.

If you handed me a pack of 90-91 Proset right now, I'd be scrambling to see if I was finally lucky enough to pull out a Stanley Cup Hologram.

Geeze, I even recall me and a friend laughing about the joys of opening packs of hockey cards (specifically Tim Horton's) while driving. That's how patient I am :)

NOTE: I do not encourage opening packs while driving.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dmaksymyshyn's Items on eBay

I had two walmart blasters under the tree for a couple weeks. No way it was lasting until Noon on Christmas day. So...no.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs

Most of you sound like you are addicted!

For me this is only a hobby and I know that whatever is in the box now will be there on January 7.

I enjoy opening packs but aside from my rule of waiting till the tree and decorations are down, having adequate supplies is also an issue. I don't have many suitable toploaders so if I open packs and get a card that I deem worthy of putting in a toploader, I cannot do so right away.

Why bother opening if you don't have any toploaders? I am not one of those people that trades for a card and takes it out of the holder to take a close look. I don't like handling my cards either.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I recently found two tins of 12-13 Upper Deck that I had stored in my closet. I waited until the weekend to open them and finally hit MacKinnon. WOoooooooo. In this circumstance, forgetfulness was key!

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast