Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @ncualoping10 See ncualoping10's Items on eBay

May 25, 2016

Joe Crede Appearance - OFFICIAL
    Joe Crede (Chicago White Sox) - 8/8 8x10 Photos, 3/3 ROMLBs, 3/3 Cards

Former White Sox and 2005 World Series Champion Joe Crede made an appearance today in Chicago, IL. This is the 3rd week in a row a former '05 Champ had a signing (Scott Podsednik, Ozzie Guillen, and now Joe Crede). Crede was awesome and was signing everything you had, plus with a small crowd, people were able to go up multiple times. All in all (with some help), I ended the day with 8 8x10 photos signed (3 with "'05 W.S. Champs" inscriptions), 3 ROMLBS (one was a 2005 World Series ball), and 3 cards. Very good day overall and happy to add to my collection.

YEAR TO DATE: 83
    OFFICIAL: 44
    UNOFFICIAL: 39

SCF Rewards
    Country

May 31, 2016

Chicago Cubs vs. Los Angeles Dodgers - Wrigley Field - UNOFFICIAL
    Jason Heyward - 1/1 ROMLB
    Clayton Richard - 1/1 Card
    Rick Honeycutt - 1/1 Card
    David Ross - 1/1 ROMLB

I went to my first Chicago Cubs game of the season. I was able to get new Cub Jason Heyward on a ROMLB down the line before the game. Backup catcher David Ross also signed. I've never seen him touch a pen before today, but he is retiring after the season. I also got Cubs pitcher Clayton Richard and Dodgers pitching coach Rick Honeycutt before the game outside the stadium.

YEAR TO DATE: 87
    UNOFFICIAL: 43
    Last edited by chitownautos; 06-04-2016 at 08:29 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

June 3, 2016

Chicago Cubs vcs. Arizona Diamondbacks - Wrigley Field - UNOFFICIAL
    Kyle Schwarber - ROMLB
    Miguel Montero - Card
    David Ross - ROMLB
    Theo Epstein - ROMLB

Decided to graph the Cubs postgame. Got injured rising star Kyle Schwarber on a ROMLB, which was nice to get him for the first time. Then catcher Miguel Montero came out to sign, and I got him on a 2015 Topps card. Next David Ross came out, I got him for the 2nd straight time graphing. This is after he wouldn't touch a pen all last season. I'm guessing since he is retiring, he's been nicer to the fans which is great. After waiting around a bit longer, Theo Epstein came by and we called him over and he signed a ROMLB. Epstein is a very nice guy, and I was able to chat with him a couple minutes. He even came around the fence so we didn't have to stick our stuff through the small gap.

YEAR TO DATE: 91
    UNOFFICIAL: 47

SCF Rewards
    Country

June 7, 2016

Chicago White Sox vs. Washington Nationals - U.S. Cellular Field - UNOFFICIAL
    Chris Sale (White Sox) - ROMLB

I tried graphing the White Sox and Nationals outside the stadium as players arrived for the night game. This was my first time ever trying to do this at U.S. Cellular Field. I only got 1 autograph on the day, but it was a good one. Chris Sale jumped out of his car to talk to the security guy at the entrance for a few minutes, and gladly signed a few autos after he finished his convo. I was able to get a ROMLB signed sweet spot. I heard Sale can be tough to get at times, but I'm glad I was able to get him that day. I was not able to get anyone else, as no one else signed when I was there.

YEAR TO DATE: 92
    UNOFFICIAL:48

A few notes about graphing at Wrigley Field and U.S. Cellular Field. (Ignore if you don't graph in Chicago, which is probably 99% of you, but I had someone request me to write about this and I'm happy to do so.)
    1) There are significantly less graphers at The Cell compared to Wrigley. I'd say Wrigley has on average 20-30 people graphing compared to only 10 at the most for the Sox.
    2) Wrigley (at least this year) has better access to players. At The Cell, players park in a lot that is gated off, so they need to go out of their way to sign, or sign from their cars as they enter/exit. At Wrigley, the players have to physically walk past you to get from the parking lot to the stadium. This will change next year when Wrigley finishes up renovations and a new parking lot opens up underground, basically eliminating autograph chances from the Cubs. If you graph the Cubs at Wrigley, you will physically see all 25 players on the roster walk past which is very cool.
    3) At The Cell, the home entrance is in left field, while the visitors tend to come in at the left field or home plate entrance. This means that you could potentially get autographs from both teams. At Wrigley, the home entrance is in left field and the visitors entrance is in right field, so you will almost always have to choose between the Cubs and visitors.

SCF Rewards
    Country

June 17, 2016

Frank Thomas Book Signing - Barbara's Bestsellers - OFFICIAL
    Frank Thomas - 1/1 Book

Chicago White Sox legend Frank Thomas is on a book signing tour throughout Chicago this week. I was able to make it to one of his stops and got a copy of his new cookbook. He also added "HOF 2014" inscription upon request. He didn't sign any outside items, but can't complain with a signed book and HOF inscription.

YEAR TO DATE: 93
    OFFICIAL: 45
    UNOFFICIAL: 48
    Last edited by chitownautos; 06-19-2016 at 02:25 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

June 17, 2016

Ozzie Guillen Appearance - Jewel Osco - OFFICIAL
    Ozzie Guillen - 2/2 ROMLBs, 4/4 Cards, 1/1 8x10 Photos

Former White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen did another free signing in Chicago. I was able to get a few more things signed. 2 ROMLBs, one with "85 ROY" and the other with "05 WS Champs," 1 8x10 photo, and 4 cards. Guillen was awesome and I'm glad I was able to get a few more pieces done.

YEAR TO DATE: 100
    OFFICIAL: 52
    UNOFFICIAL: 48

SCF Rewards
    Country

July 7, 2016

Chicago Cubs vs. Atlanta Braves - Wrigley Field - UNOFFICIAL
    Willson Contreras (Cubs) - 1/1 ROMLB
    Trevor Cahill (Cubs) - 1/1 Card

Did the Cubs pregame outside of Wrigley for their game against the Braves. Got young stud Willson Contreras on a ROMLB and former All-Star Trevor Cahill on a card. Not the biggest day but happy to add Contreras.

YEAR TO DATE: 102
    UNOFFICIAL: 50

SCF Rewards
    Country

July 9, 2016
    Chicago White Sox vs. Atlanta Braves
    Todd Frazier (White Sox) - 1/1 ROMLB
    Robin Ventura (White Sox) - 1/1 ROMLB
    Brett Lawrie (White Sox) - 1/1 2016 Topps

Graphed the White Sox vs Braves game. Pregame down the line, Brett Lawrie and Todd Frazier were both signing but it would be hard to get both of them then. I ended up choosing Lawrie over Frazier for the time being, and it paid off. I got a 2016 Topps card signed by Lawrie. Did the White Sox post game outside and got Robin Ventura on a ROMLB and Todd Frazier on a 2015 Home Run Derby ball, so I'm glad I Lawrie inside the stadium and Frazier in the parking lot.

YEAR TO DATE: 105
    UNOFFICIAL: 53

SCF Rewards
    Country

2016 Chicago Blackhawks Convention July 15-17

Friday-Sunday, July 15-17, 2016
    2016 Chicago Blackhawks Convention - Hilton Chicago

Friday, July 15
    Brent Seabrook - 1/1 16x20 Photo, 1/1 Puck, 1/1 8x10 Photo
    Corey Crawford - 1/1 Puck
    Joel Quenneville - 1/1 Puck
    Marcus Kruger - 3/3 Pucks
    Stan Bowman - 1/1 Puck
    Vincent Hinostroza - 2/2 8x10 Photos
    Nick Schmaltz - 1/1 Puck
    Daniel Carcillo - 1/1 Puck
    Brandon Mashinter - 2/2 8x10 Photos
    Brent Sopel - 3/3 Pucks
    Jordin Tootoo - 1/1 Puck, 1/1 Cards
    Colin Fraser - 2/2 Pucks

Saturday, July 16
    Marian Hossa - 1/1 12x18 Photo, 1/1 Puck
    Tony Esposito - 1/1 Puck
    Scotty Bowman - 1/1 Puck
    Pierre Pilote - 1/1 Puck
    Andrew Desjardins - 1/1 Puck
    Dennis Rasmussen - 1/1 8x10 Photo
    Viktor Svedberg - 2/2 8x10 Photos
    Tyler Motte - 2/2 Pucks
    Kyle Baun - 1/1 Puck
    Vincent Hinostroza - 1/1 Puck
    Ryan Hartman - 1/1 Puck, 1/1 8x10 Photo
    Michal Kempny - 2/2 Pucks
    Mark McNeil - 1/1 Puck
    Jim Cornelison - 1/1 Puck
    Stu Grimson - 1/1 Puck

Sunday, July 17
    Andrew Desjardins - 1/1 Puck
    Ben Eager - 2/2 Pucks

Time for my huge recap from the 2016 Chicago Blackhawks Convention. Always a fun weekend at the Convention meeting players and talking with other fans. I went to my first Convention in 2014 and now have attended my 2nd this year. This year, I decided to get a hotel and stay the weekend in the city versus commuting from the suburbs so I got a lot more chances to get autographs. Alright so heres the recap!

I arrived at the Convention on Friday around 11:00 am and immediately went to the parking lot where the players arrived. Now, I've been to a several practices and games but I've never seen this many players sign outside. I was able to get autographs from Brandon Mashinter (2 8x10s), Brent Seabrook (1 puck), GM Stan Bowman (1 puck), HC Joel Quenneville (1 puck), Vincent Hinostroza (2 8x10s), Nick Schmaltz (1 puck), Corey Crawford (1 puck), Daniel Carcillo (1 puck), Brent Sopel (1 puck), and Marcus Kruger (1 puck). It was awesome seeing some of the big names sign like Seabrook, Quenneville, Crawford, and Kruger. Now once the Convention got underway, I got a few more autos inside waiting in autograph lines. I met Brent Sopel (2 pucks), Brent Seabrook (1 16x20), Marcus Kruger (2 Pucks), and Jordin Tootoo (1 puck, 1 card) at autograph signings. The Seabrook and Kruger were scratch off signings where you had to win to get into the signing. Every attendee gets one scratch off car the entire weekend. My scratch off winner was for Kruger, and I bought a Seabrook scratch off from another fan. After the Convention, I stood outside once again and got Brent Seabrook (1 8x10) and Colin Fraser (2 pucks) to sign, making it my third Seabrook of the day!

On Saturday, I got up bright and early for the Convention and got in line at 5:00 am for the 8:30 am wristband distribution. The main reason was to make it in the Scotty Bowman autograph line. Bowman is widely regarded as the greatest coach in NHL history. I got him on 1 puck. After, I waited in lines for Dennis Rasmussen (1 8x10), Tony Esposito (1 puck), Marian Hossa (1 12x18, 1 puck), Pierre Pilote (1 puck), Michal Kempny (2 pucks), Vincent Hinostroza (1 puck), Viktor Svedberg (2 8x10s), and Ryan Hartman (1 puck). Esposito and Hossa were both scratch off autograph sessions that I purchased from other fans, while the rest of the players were free signings. Outside, I stood by the parking lot again and got a few more players who signed including Kyle Baun (1 puck), Tyler Motte (2 pucks), Stu Crimson (1 puck), Jim Cornelison (1 puck), Ryan Hartman (1 8x10), Mark McNeil (1 puck), and Andrew Desjardins (1 puck). Again, great to see a lot of players sign, and watch out for names like Motte and Hartman to make an impact in the NHL this year.

Sunday, there was not a lot of stuff going on. Convention only lasts through the morning and a lot of players left the city by Saturday. Only got 3 autos through autograph signings in Ben Eager (2 pucks) and Andrew Desjardins (1 puck). Overall great weekend. Glad to add some big name players along with a lot of prospects who could do some big things in the league very soon. Ended the weekend with 45 autographs in total, 22 Friday, 20 Saturday, and 3 Sunday.

WEEKEND TOTAL: 45
    OFFICIAL: 23
    UNOFFICIAL: 22

YEAR TO DATE: 150
    OFFICIAL: 75
    UNOFFICIAL: 75

SCF Rewards
    Country

July 20, 2016

Chicago Cubs vs. New York Mets - Wrigley Field - UNOFFICIAL
    Jose Reyes (Mets) 1/1 ROMLB

Went to the Chicago Cubs vs. New York Mets game the other day. Waited in line early for bobbleheads and happened to see Jose Reyes walking in to the stadium and was able to get him on a ROMLB.

YEAR TO DATE: 151
    OFFICIAL: 75
    UNOFFICIAL: 76

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast