Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Made my first trip back to Columbus in a month to grab the Clippers team set and get some more Louisville Bats stuff done. Thought I'd had an alright day until I got home and realized I took home 50+ autos yet again. Not mad in the least.

Robert Stephenson 1/1, 1/1 Cards
    Amir Garrett 1/1 Card
    Delino DeShields 1/2 Cards
    Scott Schebler 1/1 Card
    Jesse Winker 1/2 Cards, 1/1 Card
    Nick Routt 1/1 Card
    Steve Selsky 1/1 Card
    Juan Perez 1/1 Card
    Tony Renda 1/2 Cards
    John Lamb 5/5 Cards
    Brandon Allen 2/2 Cards
    Donald Lutz 1/1 Card
    Dayan Diaz 1/1 Card (not scanned because I just found it)
    Toru Murata 1/1 Card
    Ryan Merritt 1/3 Cards (what the hell, Merritt)
    Adam Moore 1/1 Card
    Mike Clevinger 2/3 Cards
    Eric Stamets 4/5 Cards
    Joey Butler 2/2 Cards
    Michael Choice 4/4 Cards
    Giovanny Urshela 1/1 Card
    Guillermo Quiroz 3/3 Cards
    Shawn Morimando 1/2 Cards (no, really, this guy is one per)
    Yhoxian Medina 2/2 Cards
    Bryson Myles 2/2 Cards
    Collin Cowgill 1/1 Card
    Josh Martin 1/1 Card
    Ben Heller 2/2 Cards
    TJ House 1/1 Card
    Jeff Johnson 1/1 Card
    Shawn Armstrong 1/1 Card
    Will Roberts 1/1 Card
    Adam Plutko 1/1 Card
    Jeff Fassero 1/1 Ticket Stub
    Ronnie Rodriguez 1/1 Akron Program
    Wandy Peralta 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Seth Mejias-Brean 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Daniel Wright 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Hernan Iribarren 1/1 Team Logo 8x10

So, naturally, a pretty good day. Most of the team set done, a few more Pro Debut cards knocked out, and just an overall solid day. Rehabbing Homer Bailey basically told us to go play in traffic, so that's pretty much par for the course. Morimando also became Indian #123 on my list that I've met, so glad to add another one. I wish I had the patience and hustle to work on a set (i.e., Pro Debut), but I don't. Also as usual, if you have any interest in a trade for any of this stuff or need help getting stuff done, drop me a line. Everything's going pretty well of late!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Made up for about a month off from 'graphing by hitting up a third different team in seven days, doing the Pawtucket Red Sox coming into the stadium. We apparently missed a big group of player somehow (including Brennan Boesch, Henry Owens, and Casey Janssen), but it still turned out to be a solid day:

Joe Kelly 3/3 Cards
    Brian Johnson 3/3 Cards
    Deven Marrero 1/2 Cards
    Allen Craig 1/2 Cards
    Ryan LaMarre 3/3 Cards
    Pat Light 3/3 Cards
    Jose Vinicio 2/2 Cards
    Rich Gedman 3/3 Cards
    Bob Kipper 3/3 Cards
    Bruce Crabbe 1/1 Card
    Jesus Aguilar 2/2 Card, Program (only need Jose Ramirez to finish my four player program)
    Perci Garner 1/1 Card
    Shawn Morimando 1/1 Card
    Steve Karsay 3/3 Cards
    Joe Thatcher 1/1 Index Card
    TJ House 1/1 Indians Team Ball

Not a bad day, but I'm bummed to have missed Owens. Only ones to actually deny were Rusney Castillo and Roenis Elias, so pretty solid altogether, even with the missed guys. I was pretty stoked to get Craig and Kelly, and anytime you can put up a total of 30+ is an alright day in my book.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Very nice haul. Kelly, Craig, Johnson and guys like that are always fun to add. Boesch has been arrogant for a while from what I am seeing. He snubbed everyone this spring in Florida, which was entertaining, as a grand total of 3 of us asked him. Also came out in packs of 3-5 trying to blend in, like he was a huge deal. Head held high, would think that he would appreciate people asking for his signature. Guess not, and it is no fun as a Red Sox fan to see guys like him with personalities like that in the organization.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Very nice haul. Kelly, Craig, Johnson and guys like that are always fun to add. Boesch has been arrogant for a while from what I am seeing. He snubbed everyone this spring in Florida, which was entertaining, as a grand total of 3 of us asked him. Also came out in packs of 3-5 trying to blend in, like he was a huge deal. Head held high, would think that he would appreciate people asking for his signature. Guess not, and it is no fun as a Red Sox fan to see guys like him with personalities like that in the organization.

Yeah, I've had nothing but negative experiences with Boesch in the past, but I heard he was pleasant enough (by his standards) this weekend. I just didn't happen to see him yesterday.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Today was a trip up to Cleveland for the day game against the Nationals, Carrasco and Strasburg on the hill. Had no desire to get pushed and shoved to not get Harper or anyone else, so I casually hung around and did the Indians pregame and a little postgame (where no one was signing).

Francisco Lindor 1/1 MLB Debut Ticket Stub
    Terry Francona 1/1 Team Ball
    Tyler Naquin 1/3 Cards
    Jason Kipnis 1/1 Team Ball
    Bryan Shaw 1/1 Team Ball
    Jeff Manship 1/1 Team Ball
    Erik Gonzalez 1/1 Team Ball

Not a crazy day by any means, and postgame I said screw it and just worked on filling up my 2016 Indians ball (which worked out fairly well), but still a solid day overall. I added a big, big piece to my Lindor collection and three more Indians to my list (Francona, Shaw, Manship make for #126). Plus anytime you can add a guy like Terry Francona? No complaints there at all.

One thing to note...Lindor personalized for anyone that wasn't a kid inside along the rail, and he signed for only kids in the parking lot after the game. Not a big deal since I was stoked to get him inside on an item that is very much for my PC, but worth mentioning. The Indians were pretty awful signing postgame with most guys totally blowing everyone off. Oh well, it happens.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Took another day trip to Columbus today to basically clean up the remainder of my Indy stuff (failed for the most part) and hit a few targets. All-in-all, I probably didn't need to make the trip, but I still came home with around thirty more 'graphs on the day.

Bradley Zimmer 2/3 Cards
    Josh Bell 3/3 Cards ("Josh, would you mind signing a second?" *signs all three*)
    Alan Hanson 1/1 Card (WOO!)
    Justin Masterson 8/8 Cards
    Gift Ngoepe 1/1 Card
    Nick Maronde 1/1 Card
    Ronny Rodriguez 2/2 Cards
    Yandy Diaz 3/3 Cards
    Jesus Aguilar 1/1 Card
    Josh Martin 1/1 Card
    Jeff Johnson 1/1 Card
    TJ House 2/2 Cards
    Eric Stamets 1/1 Card

Bell has been mostly one per of late, so I was stoked to get all three of my cards done while there were just a few of us there. Also excited to get that Alan Hanson Pro Debut done because those of you who deal with the IL know that he's a miserable signer. Masterson is another one for my Indians list (finally) and a real class act. I think Yandy Diaz is going to be in Cleveland real soon, too. Not a huge day, but lots to be happy about.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would typically think that a game being rained out without ever even starting would not lead to a particularly prosperous night, but I would've had the wrong line of thinking tonight. Tonight was the Columbus Clippers Fantasy Camp signing before the game (that never got played), the Syracuse Chiefs were in town, so it was nice that even the rain couldn't ruin the day.

Fergie Jenkins 1/1, 1/1 Cards
    Carlos Baerga 1/1, 1/1, 1/1 Cards
    Mike Hargrove 1/1, 1/1 Cards
    Joe Charboneau 1/1, 1/1 Cards
    Len Barker 1/1, 1/1 Cards
    Tom Browning 1/1, 1/1, 1/1 Cards

Lucas Giolito 1/1 Card
    Bradley ZImmer 1/3 Cards
    Mat Latos 1/1 Card
    Steve Lombardozzi 1/1 Card
    Michael Taylor 1/1 Card
    Brian Daubach 3/3 Cards
    Trevor Gott 1/1 Card
    Aaron Laffey 6/6 Cards
    Brian Jeroloman 1/1 Card

Real good night considering there was no game, I was especially happy to have done as well as I did. Obviously had some help with the fantasy camp guys, that's why all the separate ones. Totally lucked into Giolito, but I'm not going to complain about that. Also stoked to add two more Indians - Baerga and Laffey - as numbers 128 and 129 for my list of guys. Hit lots of tough guys tonight (Latos, Giolito, Gott, Lombardozzi, Taylor) which just made for a worthwhile trip all around.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Back in Columbus full-time now so I've gotten to do a little 'graphing over the past few days. Start getting caught up by one day of arrival and postgame with the Clippers and Mudhens...

Bradley Zimmer 2/3 Cards
    Pedro Ciriaco 2/2 Cards
    Lloyd McClendon 1/1 Card
    Steven Moya 1/1 Card
    Jason Krizan 4/4 Cards
    Giovanny Urshela 1/1, 1/1 Cards
    Erik Gonzalez 2/4 Cards
    Kyle Crockett 2/2, 1/2 Cards
    Cody Anderson 2/4 Cards
    Austin Adams 4/5 Cards (finally!)
    Ronny Rodriguez 2/2 Cards
    Ryan Merritt 3/3 Cards

Not bad all-in-all, mostly spent the day knocking out a bunch of leftover Clippers stuff since I'm running out of days to get it done. Always nice to add a few more Zimmers and other stuff. No scans for awhile though since I don't have access to a scanner!

Additionally, being in Columbus with a light schedule means being able to catch a few more sit-down signings, and today was no different. MLB Hall of Famer Tony Perez was doing a free signing at the opening of an Ollie's Bargain Outlet this morning, so I made a short little drive over. They were a very strict one-per, but they had an employee taking posed photos, and Perez would add whatever inscriptions.

I settled for his Hall of Fame year, which turned about absolutely beautiful with his great sig. As far as free events go? Doesn't get much better. The folks at Ollie's managed to put on a very well organized event that left just about everyone going home happy.

Next on the docket? Louisville Bats for a day or two this weekend followed by whatever playoff series they land and the first hockey of the year!

SCF Rewards
    Country

The last two days have turned out to be arguably (not even arguable, really) the best two days of 'graphing I've ever had. The World Cup of Hockey is featuring a preseason game in Columbus tonight between USA and Canada while the US National Team was in town all week. I went down last night when Team Canada got into town and back down this morning for another shot. Needless to say, it paid off. Big time.

Jonathan Quick 1/2 Cards
    Jonathan Toews 1/1 Card
    Ben Bishop 1/1 Card
    TJ Oshie 1/2 Cards
    John Carlson 1/3 Cards, 1/2 Cards
    Matt Niskanen 1/2 Cards
    Matt Duchene 1/1 Card
    Claude Giroux 1/1 Card
    Alex Pietrangelo 1/1 Card
    Jay Bouwmeester 2/2 Cards
    Corey Perry 1/2 Cards
    Zach Parise 1/2 Cards, 1/1 Card
    David Backes 2/2 Cards, 2/2 Cards
    Blake Wheeler 1/3 Cards
    Ryan Kesler 1/1 Card
    Cory Schneider 2/2 Cards
    Joe Pavelski 1/1 Card
    Braden Holtby 1/1 Card
    Dustin Byfuglien 2/2 Cards, 1/1 Card
    Steven Stamkos 1/1 Card
    Max Pacioretty 1/2 Cards
    Jack Johnson 1/2 Cards
    Joe Thornton 1/1 Card
    Ryan Suter 1/2 Cards
    Ryan Getzlaf 1/2 Cards
    Mike Babcock 1/1 Index Card
    Rob Blake 1/1 Index Card
    And the big two...

Patrick Kane 1/1 Sports Illustrated
    Sidney Crosby 1/1 8x10!

Crosby has been my White Whale for a long time, so to get him (in a mob scene, nonetheless) was awesome. Then to hit Pat Kane on Sports Illustrated with a beautiful sig? Yes, please. Add in superstars like Stamkos, Quick, Toews, and more? Downright insane twenty-four hours. I almost didn't go back down this morning after getting Crosby and Toews last night, but I was convinced to make a return trip...and that ended up yielding Kane, Stamkos, and more. Good choice. Wow, I'm still on Cloud 9 from the last two days of 'graphing.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Bulls

Awesome day. As a hawks fan I'm super jealous

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast