Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Another trip to Columbus, another solid night in total. Buffalo was in town, and aside from a few characters, they were pretty good to me. Got most of what I wanted, although the best score of the night had nothing to do with baseball...

Casey Kotchman 1/1 Card
    Jesus Montero 2/2 Cards
    Domonic Brown 1/4 Cards
    Andy Burns 2/2 Cards
    Tony Sanchez 2/2 Cards
    Ryan Tepera 1/1 Card
    Darrell Ceceliani 1/1 Card
    Colt Hynes 1/1 Card
    Scott Diamond 1/1 Card
    Ben Rowen 1/1 Card
    Roberto Hernandez (Fausto Carmona) 3/3 Cards
    Collin Cowgill 2/2 Cards
    Cody Anderson 2/2 8x10, 2016 Indians Team Ball
    Archie Griffin 1/1 Index Card + a Pic With!

Did pretty well with the baseball; Kotchman becomes the 114th Indian I've received an in-person autograph from, so that number is really growing. The greatest college football player of all-time and only two-time Heisman Trophy Winner Archie Griffin was in attendance for a Columbus Schools pregame celebration, and I ran into him in the concourse shortly after the game started. I'm not sure there is a classier, more gracious icon than Mr. Griffin, and I look forward to getting my index card framed and matted with the picture we took!

Looking to do Durham sometime this weekend, although I'm not sure how enthused I am by that.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice get on the Griffin!

Also, what happened to Kotchman? Seems like yesterday that he was our big free agent signing.

​Laughs turn to sobs

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice get on the Griffin!

Also, what happened to Kotchman? Seems like yesterday that he was our big free agent signing.

​Laughs turn to sobs

Thanks; second time I've got Griffin, but when you're a big Ohio State fan, it never, ever gets old. Especially in comparison to Casey Kotchman, who is a tremendous toolbag.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yesterday marked my first trip to Cleveland of the year for an Indians game, although I had no interest or intent to get any autographs. I didn't even so much as bring a Sharpie, but I still came home with three autographs. Funny how that works, eh? Through a friend, I had seats in the super premium Infiniti Club (which included all-you-can-eat food and booze), which was an awesome experience.

Even cooler, about the second inning, one of the workers came out and announced that former Indians Scott Bailes and (former All Star) Sid Monge would be signing for an inning or two. Naturally, I took advantage and got the signed 4x6s that were provided. Indians #117 and #118 on my list!

Then after venturing down to the main concourse, the Indians Wives Association was doing an auction/sale for their associated charities. That included a signed "Mystery Ball" option which was $20 for a signed, MLB authenticated ROMLB of a current Indians player or coach. Opened mine up to find the 1990 AL Rookie of the Year, Six-time All Star, and one-time interim Indians manager Sandy Alomar!

Pretty dang good deal for me as an Indians fan, especially since you'll pay $20 for an unsigned ROMLB most places anymore. Even better that I didn't get stuck with a Josh Tomlin or Lonnie Chisenhall signed ball! Had incredible seats and a great experience capped off with some cool autos. Great way to spend a summer night, especially after a 6-1 win for the good guys.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I managed to drag myself to Columbus last night to do SWB, and I ended up doing well enough that I didn't have to do them more than once. I also didn't have a ton of stuff for these guys, which was good since they weren't outstanding as a group on the whole. Results:

Mike Clevinger 1/1 Card, 1/1 Indians Team Ball
    Austin Adams 1/1 Indians Team Ball
    Shawn Armstrong 1/1 Indians Team Ball
    Ross Detwiler 2/2 Card (Indian #119)
    Giovanny Urshela 1/1 2013 Akron Program
    Jonathan Diaz 1/1 Card
    Al Pedrique 1/1 Card
    Mark Montgomery 1/2 Cards
    Jake Cave 1/1 Card
    Donovan Solano 1/1 Card
    Vinnie Pestano 2/2 Cards
    Tyler Austin 4/4 Cards (one not scanned)
    Nick Swisher 1/1 Card, plus a pic with
    Luis Severino 1/1 Card, 2/2 Cards (dipped postgame)
    Aaron Judge 1/1 Card

One the whole? Not a bad day. Only guys I missed that I really wanted were Pete Kozma ("not today, guys") and Gary Sanchez (was agitated before warming up the pitchers, ignored after, said "no" postgame) and Judge wouldn't do it outside after the game.

Swisher has always been a big fake, and last night, in front of about ten people, it couldn't have been more obvious. Little backstory, the game was long (three and a half hours) and most players stayed late in the locker room to watch the end of the NBA Finals game. Swisher came out around midnight and tried - poorly - to hide his face and avoid use. We asked if he had time to sign and his response was "SERIOUSLY? You guys are still waiting out here? It's been an hour!" before putting his bag in his SUV, screaming "F***!", slamming his door, and coming over and being incredibly cordial. I don't get it. For the garbage baseball player that he is these days, you would think he'd be glad people in his hometown would still find him relevant.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I just realized I never posted this here. Here's a thing that I did:

SCF Rewards
    Country

If those last two posts didn't get any action, I doubt this will, but it's still worth pasting here.

Finally ended my month long streak of not 'graphing by making my first trip of the season to see the Akron Rubberducks in action. Michael Brantley was on a rehab assignment, but didn't sign inside or outside after the game. He really went out of his way to be a jerk today, which was impressive. But other than Brantley, I got about 90% of the stuff I brought signed, all except for Mike Papi...

Bradley Zimmer 1/1 8x10, 1/1 Card (with help)
    Clint Frazier, 2/2 ROMLB, Card
    Rob Kaminsky 2/2 Cards
    Todd Hankins 4/4 Cards (gave one to the guy who helped with Zimmer)
    Eric Haase 5/5 Cards
    Tim Laker 3/3 Cards (Indian #121!)
    Casey Weathers 2/2 Cards
    Craig Stammen 1/1 Card
    Robbie Aviles 2/2 Cards
    Nellie Rodriguez 4/4 Cards
    Jeremy Lucas 4/4 Cards (gave one away)
    Joe Sever 1/1 Card
    Jordan Smith 1/1 Card
    Michael Peoples 1/1 Card
    Grant Sides 1/1 Card
    Louis Head 1/1 Card
    Tony Arnold 1/1 Card
    DJ Brown 1/1 Card
    JP Feyereisen 1/1 Card
    Bruce Chen 1/1 Ticket Stub (Indian #122!)
    Julian Merryweather 1/1 Ticket Stub

All things told, I'm pretty happy with how the day went. Several big names and some nice stuff for my Indians collection, finally landing the top two prospects on nice items. Also grabbed the Akron team set and put a nice dent on that, and it felt good to be back 'graphing. Believe it or not, Tim Laker might be one of my favorite gets of the day with his Indians tie. Gonna be a busy week, but it's off to a good start.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots

Nice successes!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I like seeing successes from other graphers around the states, great job!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks!

I like seeing successes from other graphers around the states, great job!!!

Glad to hear it, thanks for the kind words.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast