Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

lambeauleap87's 2016 IP Success Thread

Getting it started early this year with some big name Ohio State Football guys coming out. Paid more than I would've liked to get Cardale Jones, but I love the finished piece and got a pic with, so I'm content with the price. Plus the company that held the signing apparently has all of Cardale's signing rights since they had personal CJ12 Authentic holograms, which was a nice touch. He also wanted to keep my very nice silver marker, to which I had to shoot him down since they no longer make him. Oh, the good times we have.

Stay tuned for more.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Had a chance to get out and do a little more 'graphing this weekend as the Colorado Avalanche are in town with a pretty strong roster. A couple hours over the last two days yielded good results...

Tyson Barrie 1/1 8x10 Logo Sheet
    Andrew Bodnarchuk 1/1 8x10 Logo Sheet
    Chris Wagner 1/1 8x10 Logo Sheet
    Calvin Pickard 1/1 8x10 Logo Sheet
    Blake Comeau 1/1 Card
    Carl Soderberg 1/1 Card
    Alex Tanguay 1/1 Card
    Semyon Varlamov 1/2 Card (not a nice guy)
    Gabriel Landeskog 1/2 Cards, 1/1 Card
    Jarome Iginla 1/1 8x10, 2/3 Cards (plus a pic with!)
    Nathan Mackinnon 1/1 8x10
    Patrick Roy 1/1 Official Game Puck!

Excuse the crappy photos since I don't have a scanner here in Columbus; I'll get better ones of the photos and original scans of the cards here eventually. Pretty stoked with the turnout between arguably the greatest goalie of all time (and my childhood hockey idol), another great experience with a future Hall of Famer, and two Calder winners...all among others.

I'm beyond thrilled to add St. Patrick to my collection, and Iginla could not have been more of a class act. This hockey 'graphing thing is pretty fun.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice gets. Pickard will be a stud in this league one day.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice gets. Pickard will be a stud in this league one day.

Thanks! Although needless to say Pickard ranks toward the bottom of my successes from the weekend.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
    Twitter: @@djauwerda See djauwerda's Items on eBay Instagram:

Roy! Wow!

SCF Rewards
    Country

This one definitely goes down as my favorite IP success of all time.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Calgary was in town this week, but it was too cold to spend a significant amount of time doing them, plus they didn't want to sign. Heard they did well on the way to morning skate today, but I'd had enough yesterday.

Jonas Hiller 1/1 Card
    Sean Monahan 1/1 8x0

Nothing too exciting, but better than nothing.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Alright, time for a real fun story. Today was Day Two of the Columbus Ohio Midwest Sports Spectacular. I went with the intention to walk around the show a little bit, get Le'veon Bell for a friend, and maybe pay for a few autos.

To make a long story short, it was the worst organized event I've ever seen. Ever. Period. Bell was scheduled to start signing at 11:00. I got to the event at 10:15 figured that would give me plenty of time to pick up my preordered ticket and get in line. Because of terrible organizers and logistics, I didn't get to pick up my ticket for over an hour, and at 11:30, I FINALLY got in line for Bell...but he wasn't there. They said he'd be back out "in a few minutes". Then at 12:15, after forty-five minutes of waiting, they said he'd be back out at 12:45. He doesn't come out until 1:00. Almost three hours wasted, but I finally got the helmet signed.

After seeing how badly everything was run, I refused to spend another dollar on signatures, even though I really wanted Bobby Hull. Immediately after I got the Bell helmet finally signed, Hull was finishing up signing the promoter items to be done for the day, so I took a moment to shake his hand and thank him for showing these young guys what it meant to be on-time. We talked for a moment, and I asked his handler if it would be possible to pay cash for one of the photos he'd just finished signing (since I never bought a ticket). He says no, they're the promoter's, they aren't for sale. Hull looks at the guy and says "Oh, hell, the kid's been waiting there all day. Just give him one!" So the handler hands me one and stalks off, then Hull winks at me, shakes my hand, and tells me to have a nice day.

I literally don't know that I'll ever be able to top such an amazing interaction with one of the greatest of all time, but he certainly brightened my day. With that, I went to the show and bought a Connor McDavid 8x10 with JSA an an Aleksander Barkov signed logo puck for $45 (since I'll be out of town when Edmonton comes in and won't get McDavid).

So, kind of a long story. Bobby Hull is an incredible human being. I'm never spending another dollar with the company that put these signings on. And I got a cool McDavid signed photo for a nice price. What a day.

SCF Rewards
    Country

No stories, but two things to show off here. This was a result of Steiner's Browns QB Giveback; a whopping $20 out of pocket netted me this, complete with Urban Meyer Authentication.

At the end of last year, I managed to grab a couple Meyer signed books, but this is a lot better for a lesser out of pocket cost.

SCF Rewards
    Country

And we'll follow that up with scans of the cards I'd gotten signed before the All-Star Break (Avs and Flames).

Things are going pretty well on my end, safe to say. Should have a decent week ahead this week, too.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast