Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Town Hall Video

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

Town Hall Video

If you have any questions, please post them below.

Last edited by scottkoz20; 01-09-2016 at 01:30 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Scott,
    Great Town Hall.
    I feel good in the direction SCF is moving in, however I need to address the elephant in the room.
    What are SCF's plans to get back to where we all were a few years back when it was THE PLACE to go to for all B/S/T?
    There was a time when the boards were humming along and we were doing 20+ deals a month on here.
    This is the best website for B/S/T do to the excellent mods and Trade Manager (in my opinion the best feature of SCF) but the traffic in B/S/T has taken an ENORMOUS hit the last few years. I know I am not alone with this observation.
    I really like what you are doing here - best of luck in 2016 and beyond. I think you are the right person to bring SCF back to where it needs to be again.
    -Kevin
    Bring me your Tim Brown Autos, GU, and numbered.Hidden Content

R.I.P. chajones

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Chicago Bears
    Twitter: @Rick Polus

Scott, that was a very good video. As a long time member and former admin., I can really appreciate everything you're doing.

One question I have since it is a part of the site that I used to be involved in:

Are there any plans or anything currently in the works to bring back the card company sponsored box breaks ? I know there were quite a few people that really enjoyed seeing what was getting pulled from products that they might not get a chance to break themselves, and they also liked being able to request certain cards from the breaks.

Another thing I'd like to touch on is something you mentioned in the video, group breaks. I never was too interested in these before but stumbled onto a post on Facebook for a giveaway on a breaker's channel. After going to the channel and entering the free break, I realized how popular these actually were. You get to meet new people via chat and get a chance at some great cards at a fraction of the cost of a box. These are so popular that there was an entire group break pavilion at the National this year. My wife, son & I attended all 5 days of the show and my son spent a vast majority of his time, in this pavilion. He got to meet a breaker that we watched quite a bit but also got to meet others and really enjoyed watching the different breakers busting all of the products. If SCF can tap into this real time breaking for it's members, I think it could be a huge advantage for the site and should bring a lot of traffic to the site, especially if SCF could possibly partner with some established breakers.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Scott,
    Great Town Hall.
    I feel good in the direction SCF is moving in, however I need to address the elephant in the room.
    What are SCF's plans to get back to where we all were a few years back when it was THE PLACE to go to for all B/S/T?
    There was a time when the boards were humming along and we were doing 20+ deals a month on here.
    This is the best website for B/S/T do to the excellent mods and Trade Manager (in my opinion the best feature of SCF) but the traffic in B/S/T has taken an ENORMOUS hit the last few years. I know I am not alone with this observation.
    I really like what you are doing here - best of luck in 2016 and beyond. I think you are the right person to bring SCF back to where it needs to be again.
    -Kevin

This is the 30,000 pound elephant in the room.

Some of this is adding different features to SCF. One of the features that I have been testing is a user tagging modification. So lets say you know someone that collects Mike Trout or Cam Newton, you can post in that thread @username, and they would get a notification that they were tagged (similar to the tagging in facebook). It would use the email address on file to send that information over as oppose to a push notification, but this this start and only one item. There are other solutions that do exist, it's a matter of reviewing, understand them and making the decision to add them in or not.

But some of this answer is simply connecting/reconnecting with people that have been active in the past and try to figure out why they have gone elsewhere. I have plans to be in Toronto for the Spring Expo, but I also have plans to be in Atlantic City for Nationals this year and this is something that we can do as a part of that connecting/reconnecting process.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Scott, that was a very good video. As a long time member and former admin., I can really appreciate everything you're doing.

One question I have since it is a part of the site that I used to be involved in:

Are there any plans or anything currently in the works to bring back the card company sponsored box breaks ? I know there were quite a few people that really enjoyed seeing what was getting pulled from products that they might not get a chance to break themselves, and they also liked being able to request certain cards from the breaks.

One of items that I have learned is that some of the companies are operating a bit differently as it relates to boxes. This is a challenge that I hope to bridge and start having Sponsored breaks again. Topps is still providing us with boxes for review and Don has been handling these. One of the hopes I have in rebooting the writing team is that we can hopefully conform with some of the ways companies are providing boxes.

However, I have A LOT of work ahead of me on this front. It is on my radar but I cannot provide you with a realistic timeline.

Another thing I'd like to touch on is something you mentioned in the video, group breaks. I never was too interested in these before but stumbled onto a post on Facebook for a giveaway on a breaker's channel. After going to the channel and entering the free break, I realized how popular these actually were. You get to meet new people via chat and get a chance at some great cards at a fraction of the cost of a box. These are so popular that there was an entire group break pavilion at the National this year. My wife, son & I attended all 5 days of the show and my son spent a vast majority of his time, in this pavilion. He got to meet a breaker that we watched quite a bit but also got to meet others and really enjoyed watching the different breakers busting all of the products. If SCF can tap into this real time breaking for it's members, I think it could be a huge advantage for the site and should bring a lot of traffic to the site, especially if SCF could possibly partner with some established breakers.

I want to tap into this market and I think there are ways that we can do this. I do have a vision that I did not share was having a Video channel that is an option right at the top of the page (lets call it SCF TV for simplicity). All of the SCF Sponsored breaks would be done from here (as well as recorded for later viewing). Now this would be for breaks that are hosted by the staff (we also have to advertise them better as well). In addition to this, we need to work with HONEST breakers to provide them with another avenue to fill their breaks. In my vision, they would have channel on the SCF TV link that simply goes to their channel whether it is on hangouts, ustream, breakers.tv, etc.

Going back to Kevin's question, this is another part of driving traffic to SCF as well in getting people to use the B/S/T forums again.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Chicago Bears
    Twitter: @Rick Polus

One of items that I have learned is that some of the companies are operating a bit differently as it relates to boxes. This is a challenge that I hope to bridge and start having Sponsored breaks again. Topps is still providing us with boxes for review and Don has been handling these. One of the hopes I have in rebooting the writing team is that we can hopefully conform with some of the ways companies are providing boxes.

However, I have A LOT of work ahead of me on this front. It is on my radar but I cannot provide you with a realistic timeline.

I had no idea Don was doing these breaks. I've checked the SCF Sponsored Breaks sub forum and hadn't seen anything. After reading your reply, I went back and saw that Don has posted an Archives Baseball and a Topps Platinum Football break lately. However, the breaks aren't posted in the sub forum but in the regular break forum. I've had subscriptions to the SCF Sponsor Breaks sub forum and when there were none posted, I took that as there were no more sponsored breaks. Maybe the sponsored breaks can be posted in the sub forum from now on so that they are all together and easier to find, which I believe is why the sub forums were created in the first place. Thanks for the quick response Scott.
    Last edited by TurdFerguson; 01-10-2016 at 09:54 PM.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Thanks for the video, Scott! I really like the direction SCF is headed. I'm excited for the new and improved social media elements to be added to these forums (Tagging, etc) as well as the possibility of box/case breaks in the future if and when possible.

If I have any questions or concerns, I'll be sure to reach out to you.

Thank you for taking the time to make the video and field our questions. The dedication you've shown to manage, improve, update and look for feedback in regards to the recent & long-term changes when moving towards the future of SCF is greatly appreciated from a member's perspective.

All the best with everything to come, I'm excited on what's coming next here on SCF.

- Aaron
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I had no idea Don was doing these breaks. I've checked the SCF Sponsored Breaks sub forum and hadn't seen anything. After reading your reply, I went back and saw that Don has posted an Archives Baseball and a Topps Platinum Football break lately. However, the breaks aren't posted in the sub forum but in the regular break forum. I've had subscriptions to the SCF Sponsor Breaks sub forum and when there were none posted, I took that as there were no more sponsored breaks. Maybe the sponsored breaks can be posted in the sub forum from now on so that they are all together and easier to find, which I believe is why the sub forums were created in the first place. Thanks for the quick response Scott.

as we continue to make changes, I would believe this would start to fall into pheebs888's domain with the reviews and we'll have a spot that this is better highlighted. With the sport forums going to be adjusted a bit in the near future, this is going to be a perfect time for this.

Thanks for the video, Scott! I really like the direction SCF is headed. I'm excited for the new and improved social media elements to be added to these forums (Tagging, etc) as well as the possibility of box/case breaks in the future if and when possible.

If I have any questions or concerns, I'll be sure to reach out to you.

Thank you for taking the time to make the video and field our questions. The dedication you've shown to manage, improve, update and look for feedback in regards to the recent & long-term changes when moving towards the future of SCF is greatly appreciated from a member's perspective.

All the best with everything to come, I'm excited on what's coming next here on SCF.

- Aaron

SCF is only as good as the members that make it up. It's been super strong in the past and I think it can be super strong in the future.