Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Diamond Resorts Invitational Pro-Am - 1/13/2016

I went to this event in Orlando with high hopes but also concern. The advertisements for the event said no baseballs/bats/pucks/etc., and also said no memorabilia. I had contacted people with the event that said that 8x10 photographs and cards were okay, but I had a bad feeling I'd have an issue with getting these items into the event.

I got to the golf course around 6am, before any players or autograph collectors were there, only security and event volunteers. Eventually the sun came out and some autograph collectors (but not a lot) arrived. Many decided not to go to the tournament because of the restrictions. This played in my favor as many of the participants were really nice, would sign multiple times and multiple items throughout the day, and even pose for pictures. We did have one issue out on the course, as security told us we could only get autographs by the driving range, which was near Hole 1. At the time they told us that, we were just about to get Tom Glavine, so we missed him. However, I pretty much got every single player that I wanted, except for Glavine. I had brought a bunch of photos and cards with me, but some people brought baseballs and were not given any issues by security. Many had nothing except for the tournament flag(s) they bought at the event.

Will post pictures tonight but my haul was the following:

John Smoltz - 2 HOF postcards, 1 8x10 photo
    Greg Maddux - 1 8x10 Studio Card (for my autographed set), 1 HOF postcard, 1 1997 Fleer Card (for my autographed set)
    Tim Wakefield - 1 1997 Fleer Card (for my autographed set)
    A.J. Pierzynski - 2 baseball cards
    Ozzie Smith - 1 1997 Fleer Card (for my autographed set)
    Mark Mulder - 1 baseball card
    Roger Clemens - 1 8x10 photo
    Justin Verlander - 1 Sports Illustrated cover, 1 baseball card
    Reggie Jackson - 1 HOF postcard, 1 baseball card
    Mike Eurizione - 2 8x10 photos
    Joe Theismann - 1 8x10 photo, 1 3x5 index card
    Jerry Rice - 1 Goal Line Art Card
    Brian Urlacher - 2 8x10 photos
    Johnny Damon - 3 8x10 photos
    Eric Gagne - 1 3x5 index card
    Larry the Cable Guy - 2 3x5 index cards
    Oliver Hudson (actor) - 2 3x5 index cards
    Ryan Longwell - 2 3x5 index cards
    Billy Joe Tolliver - 2 3x5 index cards
    Blair O'Neal (golf channel) - 2 3x5 index cards
    Colt Ford (country singer) - 2 3x5 index cards
    Rick Rhoden - 1 3x5 index card
    Jeremy Roenick - 2 3x5 index cards
    Marcus Allen - 1 tournament program (he would not sign anything else)

43 autographs total, definitely my best day in many years of doing this in terms of quality, and quantity.
    Plus, my 1997 Fleer autographed set (all done in-person) went from 332/500 (66.4%) to 335/500 (67%).
    My 1998 Donruss Studio autographed set (all done in-person) went from 29/36 (80.6%) to 30/36 (83.3%).

What's funny is that Tom Glavine is one of the nicest guys and best signers on the planet, and security prevented us from getting him.
    Some of the toughest autographs to get in baseball like Verlander and Maddux, all of the sudden became easy on this day.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

the Rizzo's are AWESOME!!! Well done!