Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ITG Final Vault

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See prosserfan39's Items on eBay

Rarely bust ITG as it's almost never available locally, but love trading for and buying the cards I want for my collection. Not sure how I feel about Leaf taking the lead, sad to see Dr. Price leave the game.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The official release date for the Final Vault will be Thursday, March 31 2016.

Brian Price

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

The official release date for the Final Vault will be Thursday, March 31 2016.

Brian Price

Thanks for this, Brian!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

What?

After quite a bit of agonizing, I've decided to accept Vault-stamped cards (along with Best of Hockey-stamped cards) in a set, with an asterisk. IOW, I'll consider something complete even if it is only completed by a Vault piece. It still will feel funny, but I can't just ignore these cards. Hoping to see a Messier Canada Cup auto from Decades 80's with a Vault stamp that I can snag for $40-$50 instead of the $120 I would expect.

I had no idea that the cards in the vault weren't the original ones! Also, can someone explain the whole coloured 1/1s pls

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Not sure what you mean by "weren't the origional ones".....

They are the original cards, though they were likely never packed out, but were certainly printed at the same time any other copies of that "same" card was made.

But for someone building a set, the appearance of the Vault stamp alters the card, and it's easy to justify someone's thinking that it's no longer the same card. If you were looking for a tough to find Memorabilia card, there's only a few copies out there, and then one surfaces but it's got a Vault 1/1 stamp on it: Does that card still work for you, as part of the set you're building? For many people it would not. The card has been altered, and is no longer the same thing you were looking for.

The coloured 1/1s are easy to explain, since Dr. Price posted it on his blog quite a while back:

https://prezsez.wordpress.com/

Here's the info you're asking about:

Red 1/1 Foil Stamp means that there is at least one card in the product.
    Blue 1/1 Foil Stamp means that there are at least two cards in the product.
    Green 1/1 Foil Stamp means that there are at least three cards in the product.
    Silver 1/1 Foil Stamp means that there are at least four cards in the product.
    Gold 1/1 Foil Stamp means that there are at least five cards in the product.
    Black 1/1 Foil Stamp means that there are at least six cards in the product.
    Pink 1/1 Foil Stamp means that there are at least seven cards in the product.
    Purple 1/1 Foil Stamp means that there are at least eight cards in the product.
    Copper 1/1 Foil Stamp means that there are at least nine cards in the product.
    Teal 1/1 Foil Stamp means that there are up to ten cards in the product.

So, think of it like this. ITG had a warehouse (or a vault!) with lots of cards in it. They added a 1/1 stamp to all the memorabilia cards that went into the product. Some cards, they only had 1 copy. Others had up to 10 copies. In order to make all of these cards a 1/1, they used different coloured foil stamps on it.

So if you have a Game Used card with a Green 1/1 Stamp on it.... it is the only copy of that card with the Green 1/1 stamp on it.... but copies with Blue & Red stamps also exist. Maybe more do too, you don't know because there is no checklist with production numbers.

Does that help?

I had no idea that the cards in the vault weren't the original ones! Also, can someone explain the whole coloured 1/1s pls

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not sure what you mean by "weren't the origional ones".....

They are the original cards, though they were likely never packed out, but were certainly printed at the same time any other copies of that "same" card was made.

But for someone building a set, the appearance of the Vault stamp alters the card, and it's easy to justify someone's thinking that it's no longer the same card. If you were looking for a tough to find Memorabilia card, there's only a few copies out there, and then one surfaces but it's got a Vault 1/1 stamp on it: Does that card still work for you, as part of the set you're building? For many people it would not. The card has been altered, and is no longer the same thing you were looking for.

The coloured 1/1s are easy to explain, since Dr. Price posted it on his blog quite a while back:

https://prezsez.wordpress.com/

Here's the info you're asking about:

So, think of it like this. ITG had a warehouse (or a vault!) with lots of cards in it. They added a 1/1 stamp to all the memorabilia cards that went into the product. Some cards, they only had 1 copy. Others had up to 10 copies. In order to make all of these cards a 1/1, they used different coloured foil stamps on it.

So if you have a Game Used card with a Green 1/1 Stamp on it.... it is the only copy of that card with the Green 1/1 stamp on it.... but copies with Blue & Red stamps also exist. Maybe more do too, you don't know because there is no checklist with production numbers.

Does that help?

So does that mean that there is a non stamped version of every card? Or that the only ones existed were "ruined" by the stamp?

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

There's a lot of evidence to suggest that most of the cards you see with the Vault stamps were not part of the original runs, but rather overstock made for hypothetical replacements, or use as show cards.

For example: You've got a card that is supposed to be limited to 10 copies. 10 copies did go into the product 4 years ago when it was released, but they actually printed 20 copies. 1 of those was sent to a collector as a replacement for their damaged card, 3 of those cards had other show stamps added to them, and were used as give aways, and the other 6 have sat on a shelf ever since.

Those 6 cards now have vault logos added to then, but this did nothing to the original run.

At least that's how I understand it.

So does that mean that there is a non stamped version of every card? Or that the only ones existed were "ruined" by the stamp?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

There's a lot of evidence to suggest that most of the cards you see with the Vault stamps were not part of the original runs, but rather overstock made for hypothetical replacements, or use as show cards.

For example: You've got a card that is supposed to be limited to 10 copies. 10 copies did go into the product 4 years ago when it was released, but they actually printed 20 copies. 1 of those was sent to a collector as a replacement for their damaged card, 3 of those cards had other show stamps added to them, and were used as give aways, and the other 6 have sat on a shelf ever since.

Those 6 cards now have vault logos added to then, but this did nothing to the original run.

That is my understanding as well. Although I'm not 100% sure of a red 1/1 I grabbed from vault. It's a Heroes & Prospect gold emblem 1/1 (actual card serial numbering, not Vault). Should I assume that the original 1/1 wasn't released and that it only got released in Vault? Or was a 1/1 already released in H&P and an extra (or more extras) created for replacement or promotional purposes?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you. Now, final question. Do you know anyone who collects Heroes and Prospects? (Specifically 09-10) Since I am looking for a non Vault stamped version of this card:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123