Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ITG Final Vault

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

ITG Final Vault

Just saw this on another site, ITG Final Vault: http://www.beckett.com/news/2016/01/...-card-history/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Quite a bit of talk about it on HI. Wondered why it hasn't been mentioned here.

I am most definitely looking forward to this release. Apparently it will have the same SRP as Superlative Vault and Ultimate Vault.

It will cap off an era for me and will commemorate the great releases I've enjoyed from ITG over the years. Aside from my usual Red Wings and a few master sets needs this release will be about all I will be spending my money on until the upcoming Spring Expo in Toronto.
    Master List: Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Stoked for this !
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

I think the HI guys get their panties more in a twist over any mention of ITG than anyone does over here. That said, I think it should be good value for money and a nice last hurrah for "old" ITG. Dr. Price did revise his comment on cost and we now know that wholesale will be slightly higher than the previous two Vault releases, but IIRC there will be 10 (?) hits per box, so I'm not surprised if it comes in a little higher. Should still be a nice break and good alternative to the mess that is Trilogy.

SCF Rewards
    Country

There are going to be some really cool pieces in this.
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I can't wait to see this - I honestly think it is going to be fantastic.
    aka Bear Ridge Collectibles

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Look forward to this one. Depending on the price point, I'll be in.

I will say though: That Decades 1940s Quad GU card from BTP: Would have loved to pick up that one without the stamp. Need it for my set!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Yes I see Dr. Price's revision on the SRP upon release being a bit higher than Superlative and Ultimate. But that's good. I started to think for 10 cards at the same price as the other two releases you would find mostly low-end jerseys and auto cards with 1 insert. I am 110% sure this release will have excellent value per average box just like the other two Vault releases.

Also the mask Inserts should tide people over between the absence of BTP and the upcoming Leaf/ITG Masked Men release (or whatever it's called).

At the very least I can pick up some Vault Stamped versions of cards I need for my master sets to fill the gap until I find the original version. Mainly looking for 1/1 Red Wings cards that I missed out on all those years ago.

Maybe some more Darren Helm auto's and patches will bring down the average price from Absolutely Ridiculous to Almost Affordable :D

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

Look forward to this one. Depending on the price point, I'll be in.

I will say though: That Decades 1940s Quad GU card from BTP: Would have loved to pick up that one without the stamp. Need it for my set!

After quite a bit of agonizing, I've decided to accept Vault-stamped cards (along with Best of Hockey-stamped cards) in a set, with an asterisk. IOW, I'll consider something complete even if it is only completed by a Vault piece. It still will feel funny, but I can't just ignore these cards. Hoping to see a Messier Canada Cup auto from Decades 80's with a Vault stamp that I can snag for $40-$50 instead of the $120 I would expect.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (489)
    Country
    Upper Deck ePack

If this is not allowed please delete. This is Brian Price's post on HI

Final Vault Update by Dr. Price

My better judgement tells me not to write this post but so much for my better judgement. Here it goes:

Firstly, there was no "back door" sale to SteelCity and Dave and Adam. Like it or not, the sale was right through the "front door" as the customer service inventory which were an asset on the books of the company had to be sold. The company had creditors and the assets had to be liquidated to pay off the creditors. That was simply business. Again there was no "back door" sale to Dave and Adam and and SteelCity.

Once the company paid off its obligations and bases on the hobby reaction, I worked diligently to repurchase the offending cards from Dave and Adam and SteelCity and that is how the Final Vault was born. I thank Dave and Adam and SteelCity for their co-operation and understanding in this transaction.

As I said in an earlier blog, the milk was already spilled so the best I could do was mop it up and pour it back in the bottle. I have done my best to do so.

With respect to North-of-Seven. They were NOT part of the sale of the customer service inventory. North-of-Seven is the online arm of ITG's second largest distributor, the Hockey Connection.

Over ITG's history, the Hockey Connection purchased millions of dollars of product from us on release date and many hundreds of thousands of dollars in close-outs. Some of this product was sold to their retail customers but most of it was broken and sold online through their North-of-Seven division. It was their choice to keep the two businesses separate and that was their decision which as a supplier, I had to respect.

When ITG was closed down, it was the Hockey Connection that bought most of the unsold product in our warehouse on the condition that they could not sell boxes and impact the market price of products, the product they bought had to be broken. They have lived up to their part of the bargain and that is why you see so many cards continuing to be for sale today.

At every Expo the Hockey Connection broke tons of product with their staff at our booth much of the show breaking products for redemptions. That's why they had so many redemption cards. In addition, they brought us large cartons full of HSHS redemptions over the years from products that they have broken.

Daniel Naiman the owner of the Hockey Connection and North-of-Seven is not my son-in-law, he is not my nephew, he is very, very good and loyal customer and has been since the 1998-99 Be A Player Signature Series.

Those that want to hate the old ITG have spread these stories over the years so much that they have taken a life of their own. That does not make them the truth, as they are NOT.

The funny thing is that none of these detractors have purchased 1/100'th of what the Hockey Connection/North-of-Seven has purchased but they are surprised that the Hockey Connection/North-of Seven has 100x's more inserts than they have.

I have now responded and I am sure the haters will make up their own stories to refute the truth, I guess that's part of the new society that we live in. Hide behind your computer and make up stories.

I came out of retirement to do what I thought was right and repurchase the offending cards and make the Final Vault. I am glad I did and will try to make this last product the best I can to deliver value to the consumer. That's the best I can do.

I will not engage in an online battle with posters with different agendas. I have the list of customer service issues that go back to 1998 by name, believe me, most the ITG haters were born from collectors who tried to get their way in a customer service issue and failed. If I wanted to stoop to their level, I would name names and post emails but I WON'T.

I have tried to explain the North-of-Seven situation as I obtained Daniel Naiman's permission to do so. He was gracious in allowing me to discuss his business in this post.

Sorry for the long reply but this is rather upsetting to me, especially since during my 20+ years in our hobby, I tried to put the collector first.
    Collecting; Autos, GU'd & RC of Red Wings, Brodeur, Hasek & Shanahan and ITG 2004-05 Franchises. Motown Madness & Broad Street Boys.
    Want List: Hidden Content
    Trade List: Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast