Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Cup gold gold rainbow rpa or ice 99

Im sure this is a debate for many when buying an extremely high end card of your fav players but just wanted to get the opinion of the market. Lets say someone laid out a Cup gold rainbow rpa and an ice rc/99 of your favorite player. You could choose one to take home with you. Which would it be? The Cup gold RPA would be at least 3 clr and the ice has to be the ssp/99?
    Last edited by bsilentassassin; 01-21-2016 at 10:12 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

I think I would take Ice
    I collect game used and autographed cards of Beliveau, Lafleur and Maurice Richard. Can consider other nice Habs cards too.
    Flicker: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Washington Capitals Washington Capitals Washington Capitals
    See capsfan30's Items on eBay

That is a very interesting question. I actually find myself in a tossup. I think I would go for the Cup Gold Rainbow, though, because it is more than likely limited to fewer than 99 copies, thus more than likely harder to find in the long run.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The Cup Rainbow...... of course I never understood the attraction to Ice RCs.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

I would take Ice because the gold rainbow is not a true rc.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

I would also go with the ICE Rookie.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would go for the Cup Gold Rainbow because to me the "True RC" designation is meaningless.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Well I have a Cup Gold Rainbow in my Gorges PC. And his Ice was much, much higher than /6.

But if we were talking about Carey Price, oh man that's a tough one. Probably the Cup Gold since it's a mere /31 and with a beefy patch would look amazing.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (9)
    Country
    See baddaddy58's Items on eBay

Well very interesting question.
    First of all those dirt-bags at Upper Deck have moved "gold rainbow rookies" to the exquisite brand and replaced them with patch autos /10.
    This to me as a former gold rainbow rookie collector is extremely disappointing.
    Judging from your other posts your player would be Crosby and i would take a 3 color gold rainbow of him over an ice /99.
    For myself i have the most extensive Hedman collection of Cup cards. I think i have 21 Hedman gold rainbow rookies ( or more lol )and 1 graded Hedman ice rookie /99.
    Ice rookies /99 may be true rookies but i would choose a gold rainbow rookie mostly because it has an autograph and patch and not just some acetate plastic card
    that the player probably has never seen or touched.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI(20)
    Country
    See mojobreaks's Items on eBay

ice /99 generally worth more unless cup gold are #'d 20 or less or a /99 cup rookie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast