Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Hate the lockout

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hate the lockout

Good evening everyone.

I was able to add some more game-used items to the collection. If you have been following my threads or seen some of my recents I was able to add a pair of used gloves of Robert Mayer to my collection. The guy I got them off had the whole set (Glove/Blocker + Pads) at the time I didn't have enough cash on me at the time so I was able to meet up with him again and finally close the deal. Here are some pictures of the pads.

Front of the pads, with LOTS of game wear. Love it.

Side of the pad with Mayer stitched in

Onto another piece to add to the Mayer collection, The guy who handles all the jerseys and other used items with the Canadiens was able to dig through their inventory and find me the only Mayer jersey left in stock. He didn't wear many only getting called up 3 times and serving as the back up during each call up. Sadly this jersey is from the 2012-13 season and with it being the lock out he was un able to wear the jersey. So this jersey is set #1, on the good side I was able to get it for a steal so I couldn't say no to adding it. Still very neat knowing that it was ready to be worn. Here are some of the pictures

Lastly is a game-used stick I aquired from a guy via Kijiji who had something else that I contacted him about so this piece is just a bonus. I originally contacted him about another used sports item and went on explaining I am a hockey fan and collector he ended up telling me he had a Micheal McNiven game used goalie stick and asked if I was interested in it. I told him yeah if the price was right I will grab it for sure, the only price I had to pay for it was picking it up, He gave me a stick completely free! Some people probably don't know who he is but he is currently in the OHL playing for the Owen Sound Attack, he signed a 3 year contract with the Canadiens at the start of the season. Hopefully he gets the call one day.

That is all she wrote for this S&T, I can't see myself adding much more anytime soon so this will be my final until I can pick up a bunch more used items. I appreciate everyones comments and hope you all enjoy your weekends.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Very very cool my friend. Love that collection and having a game-issued sweater is a nice way to cap it off. Can't top that!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Duuuuuuude, your collection keeps on getting better and better by the week! The McNiven stick is great, and I too hope he gets the call one day. The Mayer GU items are sweet! You own the best Mayer collection by far.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the comments boys. Much appreciated

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow! Great acquisitions for your Mayer and McNiven collections! Your recent mail-day photos will complement the GU stick to a T!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Beaszt519's Items on eBay

I never really thought about adding this type of stuff to my collection but your stuff looks so great that I may to start looking to add some. Crazy additions :)