Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I don't think the two will really be comparable.

Quick's FW sells for crazy money, because he's only got 3 RCs: Non-Auto FW /999, Non-Auto Ultimate /499, and BAP /99. With less than 1600 TOTAL RCs available, they all sell for way more than they would if that wasn't the case.

Easy one to compare (because they're essentially the same card) is Quick BAP vs Price BAP.

I don't want to debate who is better, but Price - I think most would agree - is the bigger name as far as the hobby is concerned. There's a Carey Price BAP RC for sale, for $200 USD, and another that recently sold for $200 CAD (looking on eBay). There's a couple of Quicks (one graded, one not) at auction right now.... betcha they both go for more than the Price.

Put it another way: How much do you think Patrick Kane's RCs would sell for, if there were fewer than 1600 of them, across all brands? (I pick Kane because he's on fire this season, a multiple SC winner, very popular, but doesn't ever enter the "best player in the world" conversation). I bet they'd sell for incredibly high prices.

Quick is such an anomaly in today's Hobby. How many players come into the league with little fanfare, get only a few different (and limited) RCs, and then turn into a Superstar?

There's no BAP /99 to compare to anymore.... Ultimate changed formats a while back.... sp the non-auto SPA is really the only comparable here between Quick & Eichel. I bet Eichel doesn't get anywhere near the price Quick does. Not saying it will sell for peanuts, but it's a totally different set of circumstances.

Not that his values are on the same level, but Max Pacioretty is another guy who has limited RC's. He debuted on the last day of eligibility for the 2008-09 season's rookie crop, so he's got no YG/Ice/Black/etc. like most guys. He has six total: BAP /99, Artifacts (good thing they waited!), SPA non-auto, Ultimate non-auto, Champs, and a Cup ARP.

As Max has risen to become one of the NHL's top snipers and now the captain of the Canadiens, those cards are really taking off. His SPA is the most popular of the non-Cup rookies, usually hitting $50 or more.

I think Eichel will definitely top that figure, but probably won't get to the Quick level any time soon.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Eichel will definitely get an unsigned FW Rookie. Auto or not, this card will sell regardless.

Some enterprising Buffalo fan would make a nice bit of coin by getting a bunch of the FW cards and getting Eichel to sign them in person. Even though it isn't "official", I bet those would go for a pretty penny on EBay. I got my Grubauer and Tom Wilson FW cards signed, and they look sweet -- not to mention they are more "rare" than all the UD-signed FWAs.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See philmarois76's Items on eBay

Wow those SOTTs are ugly.

I consider myself a hardcore SOTT collector, since I try to go for the entire set of individual, dual and triple on-card auto. I have almost completed the 12-13, 13-14, and 14-15. I also have tons of SOTT cards from the other years as well. Each year I'm always looking forward to the SOTT design ... this year, if the card looks like the rookies version ... well I don't know ! I will have to see it live to make a final decision I guess! So far I'm not a fan

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

Some enterprising Buffalo fan would make a nice bit of coin by getting a bunch of the FW cards and getting Eichel to sign them in person. Even though it isn't "official", I bet those would go for a pretty penny on EBay. I got my Grubauer and Tom Wilson FW cards signed, and they look sweet -- not to mention they are more "rare" than all the UD-signed FWAs.

Um...Eichel will not sign anything from Upper Deck. Period. Trust me, he will know what the card looks like. If he does sign one, he's a complete idiot.

Let's say for argument's sake a fan asks him to sign, and he does so. You can bet the fan will put it on ebay for crazy money. Do you think Topps won't see that and void his contract immediately?

Jack would lose a ton of money. He and Topps won't let that happen.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

The FWAs look like a combination of 11-12 FWAs and 09-10 BAP autos :P ... Not the most original design, but I'll deal with it.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Um...Eichel will not sign anything from Upper Deck. Period. Trust me, he will know what the card looks like. If he does sign one, he's a complete idiot.

Let's say for argument's sake a fan asks him to sign, and he does so. You can bet the fan will put it on ebay for crazy money. Do you think Topps won't see that and void his contract immediately?

Why would Topps be interested in interfering with a Leaf exclusive? ;)

Also, don't be surprised if we see some Eichel-signed UD cards in Leaf products down the road.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See GmBs82's Items on eBay

Jack does not sign cards period... When signing for Dave and Adam's there's a exclusion of what he won't sign and individual cards are one of the items.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rydlar99's Items on eBay

I've ordered a case, but I've never really been a huge fan.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Why would Topps be interested in interfering with a Leaf exclusive? ;)

Also, don't be surprised if we see some Eichel-signed UD cards in Leaf products down the road.

I don't like the idea of repackaging other company's cards to begin with but taking the other company's cards and getting them signed after the fact really doesn't sit right with me.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

Ah yes it's Leaf. Who cares? LOL

You get the point, no matter who the exclusive is with...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast