Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jack Eichel YG

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ovechkin/Crosby v2.0

Crosby selling for more than Ovechkin has - at least until this year - been justified. Crosby is considered by most to be overall the better player, and in most years in the past 10 he's been the best player in the world. He's also led him team to Cups and collectors love winners.

I think if Eichel is a better player, he will sell very well, in line or better than McDavid. I would put a lot of money on McDavid being the better player, I bet he goes close to a PPG the rest of the year.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Crosby selling for more than Ovechkin has - at least until this year - been justified. Crosby is considered by most to be overall the better player, and in most years in the past 10 he's been the best player in the world. He's also led him team to Cups and collectors love winners.

I think if Eichel is a better player, he will sell very well, in line or better than McDavid. I would put a lot of money on McDavid being the better player, I bet he goes close to a PPG the rest of the year.

Selling more, sure. But is the gap between the two players really so significant that Crosby's cards = 2x Ovechkin's? I dunno about that one.

Also, he's lead his team to *a* Cup, not plural. Should the Capitals continue tearing up the NHL and finally win the big one, will we see Ovechkin's cards rise accordingly to that stratosphere?
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

BANNED

Country

Please stop trolling.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

Eichel has had a great season, his YG will sell very well.

I would have have said his YG would come out of the gate outselling McDavid's, only because the McDavid has been out on the market for a while and prices have cooled because of the injury, and collectors will be hungry for Eichel.

However McDavid is back in the lineup and people are seeing him on the ice again, so if he picks up where he left off the YG will recover and start selling a little better.

IF the Eichel YG outsells McDavid it'll only be for the first couple of weeks of S2, while collectors scramble for them, but long term McDavid will always be the more valuable as long as he's healthy and playing the way we expect him to play.

This is is no knock against Eichel by any means. When it was Crosby vs Ovechkin in their rookie year I was (and still am) a Crosby fan, and I didn't like Ovechkin at all at the time. The difference this time is I actually like Eichel and want him to do well. I just happen to like Connor more. Both are incredible players and it'll be fun to watch a new rivalry.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See notoriousrob101's Items on eBay

It is almost selling for the same as McDavid YG....

Let the rise of McD YGs begin.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Please stop trolling.

Top 5 in Heart voting 5 of the past 8 years. If it wasn't for his concussions, he is probably 7 for 8 with another Hart or two and a few more scoring titles. So tell me, who over the last 10 years has been more consistently the best player in the world?

The year OV won two of his three Hart's Crosby was injured. OV is ridiculous but there are two ends of the ice and Crosby puts up more PPG, kills penalties and has never been minus 35! Also has a Cup and the Golden Goal.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Let the rise of McD YGs begin.

McDavid looked insane last night, it's possible (very unlikely though) that he catches up to Eichel in points by the end of the year. His PPG for sure will be much higher.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Selling more, sure. But is the gap between the two players really so significant that Crosby's cards = 2x Ovechkin's? I dunno about that one.

Also, he's lead his team to *a* Cup, not plural. Should the Capitals continue tearing up the NHL and finally win the big one, will we see Ovechkin's cards rise accordingly to that stratosphere?

I think If OV can dominate in the playoffs and win a cup his cards will take off. His Young Gun is already doing that, in a PSA 10 it's up close to 100% over the past 18 months. I think OV's cards lost a lot of value those few years he seemed to take off, where he was a 30 goal, minus player. He really seemed to be mailing it in.

BANNED

Country

Top 5 in Heart voting 5 of the past 8 years. If it wasn't for his concussions, he is probably 7 for 8 with another Hart or two and a few more scoring titles. So tell me, who over the last 10 years has been more consistently the best player in the world?

The year OV won two of his three Hart's Crosby was injured. OV is ridiculous but there are two ends of the ice and Crosby puts up more PPG, kills penalties and has never been minus 35! Also has a Cup and the Golden Goal.

Since when does Top 5 in Hart voting count for anything? Ovi did a lot more with a worse team in his early years than Crosby did with a great team. Switch the two and Crosby can't accomplish what Ovi did, but Ovi most likely wins a few cups. Crosby hasn't been the best player on his team for a majority of the past 10 seasons, let alone the NHL. Take off the homer sunglasses.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12