Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

One of These Things (Ain't Like the Other Ones)

Silly question here. I came across a 13-14 Black Diamond lot of rookies on FeeBay the other day. One of the cards was obviously different and looked to me like a Platinum 1/1 parallel. I purchased the lot thinking I might score something the seller didn't know they had.

After the cards came in I searched for the 1/1 but didn't find it. Then realized there were no Platinum 1/1 parallels in 13-14 Black Diamond. So my question is, what the heck is this? Some sort of retail parallel? I wasn't paying close enough attention to this release so I feel this is a silly question.

The card has an obvious shine or luster that the others don't and seems genuinely more smoother than other Rookie Gems. Quick searches have produced nothing.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks

Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rydlar99's Items on eBay

Huh that's a weird one! In person does it look just as different as in the scan?

In a way (no offence) I'm glad it wasn't a one of one, never nice to take advantage of someone's naivety....

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yup. Looks as different in the scan as it does in person.

Technically while trying to take advantage of someone's naivety they received more money for their cards than they would if I hadn't tried to take advantage. Also in the lot were some decent rookies like Hertl, Barkov, Trouba etc. Not really taking advantage, it sold for a decent amount I just though it was worth a chance just to see if this was a Platinum Parallel.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Hmmm, that's an odd one! Haven't seen anything like that before come out of BD.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I can shine some light on it.

It's an oddball but you can consider it an "error" card. There were a few select boxes of Black Diamond that mistakenly had cards with that kind of shine to it. Don't think UD ever made a public announcement.

Whether it's rare or not I do not know.

Hopefully that helps.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

I can shine some light on it.

It's an oddball but you can consider it an "error" card. There were a few select boxes of Black Diamond that mistakenly had cards with that kind of shine to it. Don't think UD ever made a public announcement.

Whether it's rare or not I do not know.

Hopefully that helps.

What he said. When BD first got cracked, some lucky case-break guy found a whack of these and sold them for a decent amount on eBay, between 10-20 dollars apiece for the base cards. I only ever saw one Kesler listed on eBay, whether they're actually 1/1's is a mystery. UD was asked about it on Facebook and didn't respond.....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

My unofficial 5-card / official 4-card rainbow...........

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the response guys! Luckily I collect odd-balls, rarities and some errors. Happy about the purchase now.

Thanks again,

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I, too, am thankfull for everyone replies here. Thanks for shedding some light on these, even though there was no "official" announcement on these error cards from UD. One of the nicest errors ever. Nice shine!

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Didn't something like this also happen with 14-15 Black Diamond? I want to say I recall something about a blue-ish parallel.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content