Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

John Scott in the Players Tribute: "A Guy Like Me" MUST READ

A must read for anybody that's had any passing interest in the whole John Scott saga:

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/a-guy-like-me/

He comes off as pretty well-spoken in this article and it makes you appreciate the player's perspective through what has been a pretty major ordeal.

And this, if true, from the NHL is repugnant:

“Do you think this is something your kids would be proud of?”

That was it, right there. That was the moment they lost me.

Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice read. For a game that no one seems to care about where you have to suspend "actual" all-stars who skip it in an attempt to force people to show up, it's actually kind of refreshing to see someone want to go. While I may not be a fan of John Scott the player, I am a fan of John Scott the person, the father, and the family-man and I feel sorry for the way he's been treated by the league and the GMs and the fact that his NHL career is most likely over. Maybe the Habs should put him in the line up to try and ignite a spark ... it's not like they can get any worse at this point. Here's hoping that his all-star team mates do everything they can to try and make him shine in front of his family.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Fantastic read! Really gives you a nice look into the tough guys and how they had to scratch and claw to get where they are today. Makes you think.

They not be the most graceful players, but players like John Scott get my full appreciation. Good on him! Something like this needed to be written, even if the suits in the NHL head office won't like it. John Scott did nothing wrong here IMO, and this article makes me want to root for him even more so.

I hope he scores a hat trick in the All-Star Game and wins it all. He deserves it.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@22collector See rtsportscards28's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Just an amazing read.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See prosserfan39's Items on eBay

Talk about a royal "take that, NHL" from Scott! Loved every word of it.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Good for him?

I've got nothing against the guy.... he comes across as very well spoken (granted, and Engineering Degree does imply you're not a dummy) and as a great family man.

NHL is upset because their own system was used to mock them, and Jon Scott is the punchline of that joke. He wasn't picked because he's the most lovable fighter out there.... he got picked because someone decided that he was the worst player in the league, and it would be hilarious if he got voted in (granted, being the worst of the best 700-or-so players on the planet is nothing to be sad about).

He wouldn't bow out, and he's going to be black-balled for it.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

There are so many ways that the NHL looks bad in this fiasco. They've glorified fighting for years, and then they act appalled when the primo fighter in the NHL goes to the super-important All Star Game. Then they tried to tell him he should drop out. Then they trade him as far as geographically possible from his division...and that's the part that cheeses me off the most.

The Canadiens pride themselves on being a classy organization, but this is another example in recent history of them sabotaging a player. Their participation in this upsets me as a fan. It was bad enough being the butt end of the joke during the voting process, but that they took part in trying to deny this guy a career highlight and essentially saying that he'll never play a game for the Canadiens is just low. There's more than enough lower-profile teams out there that he could have been sent to where this remains a non-story. It's almost like Bettman called up Bergevin and told him that he needs the Habs to do a very public job just to prove their loyalty or some such nonsense.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

I continue to be impressed by every major article the Player's Tribune has released.

And my opinion/impression of John Scott has been changed drastically, and permanently. I had a very inaccurate impression of the guy beforehand, admittedly.

The NHL should be bloody ashamed of themselves, and it's sad that people with that mindset are in positions of power/influence in the league. I can't say too much good about Don Maloney at this point either.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hugehitter31's Items on eBay

My understanding is Scott was forced in the trade by the Coyotes (probably coming from the NHL too). Habs said they didnt want him but were told its him too or no deal basically.

There are so many ways that the NHL looks bad in this fiasco. They've glorified fighting for years, and then they act appalled when the primo fighter in the NHL goes to the super-important All Star Game. Then they tried to tell him he should drop out. Then they trade him as far as geographically possible from his division...and that's the part that cheeses me off the most.

The Canadiens pride themselves on being a classy organization, but this is another example in recent history of them sabotaging a player. Their participation in this upsets me as a fan. It was bad enough being the butt end of the joke during the voting process, but that they took part in trying to deny this guy a career highlight and essentially saying that he'll never play a game for the Canadiens is just low. There's more than enough lower-profile teams out there that he could have been sent to where this remains a non-story. It's almost like Bettman called up Bergevin and told him that he needs the Habs to do a very public job just to prove their loyalty or some such nonsense.

I loved the article. And I hate what happened to the guy. He didnt ask for any of this and now his whole family is uprooted again. Except this time over a stupid all star game that he is playing in anyway.

Bold predictions.. It will be the MOST watched ASG. and Scott will have the best selling jersey (unless someone from Nashville does)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Incredible Read. I have so much respect for John Scott now. It made my night seeing him laughing in the intro at Kane. I cant stop smiling every time I see that or here John Scotts name. To everyone that thinks "plugs" "Goons" have no skill take a look at the spin move. I sure as hell couldn't do that.

Im so happy for him and he is the only reason I stayed home and watched it. You have a new fan John Scott. Hope you have a Blast this weekend!
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast