Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

So I heard they don't ship all cards in top loaders not even, McDavid or Panarin YG. Is this true??? because thats beyond laughable considering COMC makes you pay per a card too.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Also curious what would basic shipping be to Canada if I bought one box?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (12)
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Vancouver Canucks Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @@BackyardRink13 See davidsteinhauser's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

So I heard they don't ship all cards in top loaders not even, McDavid or Panarin YG. Is this true??? because thats beyond laughable considering COMC makes you pay per a card too.

That's what I've seen so far too. If you get them shipped to you from a COMC account then there is an option in the checkout screen to add top loaders, but if you have them sent directly from Upper Deck there is no top loaders option available. I'd imagine that's something that will change quickly after UD receives a pile of complaints about damaged cards.

Also curious what would basic shipping be to Canada if I bought one box?

It's not based on how many boxes/packs, it's based on the number of cards. Off the top of my head, it's $3.00 + another $0.25 per card.
    Hidden Content
    My up-to-date multi-sport trade/sale inventory + full wantlist can be found on Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I just don't get it... why would I pay for a pack of cards... on the off chance that I can get an insert that is only available to me should I feel the need to pay an additional fee for it?

So far I have been mooching all of the free packs I can get. Kind of fun. Might take me 2 months to complete the base set ...

Aside from a chance at foils, what is the reason behind breaking UD product like this? Shouldn't the e-card be significantly cheaper than the real thing in a LCS?

If you figure that there is about 1 McDavid per case ($1049.99 per)... then you would need to open 5 cases ($5249.95) to get one of those McDavid foils.... but at the same time you would probably have foils of all the other YG at that point... plus the super card thingy.... seems like a waste of $5.2K+ to me...

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (12)
    Country
    Twitter: @@BackyardRink13 See davidsteinhauser's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I just don't get it... why would I pay for a pack of cards... on the off chance that I can get an insert that is only available to me should I feel the need to pay an additional fee for it?

So far I have been mooching all of the free packs I can get. Kind of fun. Might take me 2 months to complete the base set ...

Aside from a chance at foils, what is the reason behind breaking UD product like this? Shouldn't the e-card be significantly cheaper than the real thing in a LCS?

If you figure that there is about 1 McDavid per case ($1049.99 per)... then you would need to open 5 cases ($5249.95) to get one of those McDavid foils.... but at the same time you would probably have foils of all the other YG at that point... plus the super card thingy.... seems like a waste of $5.2K+ to me...

It's a way for UD to up their profits. They can sell direct to the customer and skip the distributor/LCS. It's very beneficial to those of us who don't have a LCS in town, we can satisfy that craving to crack a few packs after work instead of buying a box online and waiting a week to get it.

As for your cost breakdown on the McDavid Foil, Upper Deck is launching a trading app which will allow collectors to trade between each other so there will be no need to crack 5 cases to get the Foil version of the one Young Guns card you want.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I think with UD Series 1 and 2, if I have already built the base set and decide I still want to open a pack or a box, the e-Packs are the way to go. I have so many extra UD Series 1 base cards that I need to get rid of, taking up valuable space, that if I had just opened up e-Packs instead, I would just be dealing the cards I want to keep (granted, it's been blasters I've been opening, not hobby boxes, but you get the point, I hope). That's the pull for me right now.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals

14 days, 42 cards. Finally got my first duplicate today -- just 8 more Shattenkirks and I'll have a 50 cent card! If only their distribution in real boxes was this good..... Only one Cap and no Sharks so far. Anyone get a Young Gun yet?

It's fun, and its free. Doubt it will be available long enough to actually collect 10 of anything unless they get the trading thing going. But for people that can afford to break cases, I am sure its a wonderful program.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (12)
    Country

14 days, 42 cards. Finally got my first duplicate today -- just 8 more Shattenkirks and I'll have a 50 cent card! If only their distribution in real boxes was this good..... Only one Cap and no Sharks so far. Anyone get a Young Gun yet?

It's fun, and its free. Doubt it will be available long enough to actually collect 10 of anything unless they get the trading thing going. But for people that can afford to break cases, I am sure its a wonderful program.

I'll be looking for Ottawa Senators base once the trading app is launched. No word on the release date for that yet but Chris Carlin from Upper Deck has stated that it is not too far away. I've got Thornton (SJ) and Beagle (WAS) so far, both will be available to trade for Sens.

And no, you likely won't find anyone who's pulled a Young Guns from the daily free packs because those packs are base cards only. YG's, Jerseys, etc. are only available in the packs you purchase thru the website.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Take your extra base to a thrift store or boys and girls club/community center. I give mine to the kids at school and they love em.

I think with UD Series 1 and 2, if I have already built the base set and decide I still want to open a pack or a box, the e-Packs are the way to go. I have so many extra UD Series 1 base cards that I need to get rid of, taking up valuable space, that if I had just opened up e-Packs instead, I would just be dealing the cards I want to keep (granted, it's been blasters I've been opening, not hobby boxes, but you get the point, I hope). That's the pull for me right now.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals

Take your extra base to a thrift store or boys and girls club/community center. I give mine to the kids at school and they love em.

I give out for Halloween. The kids love em -- just about every year, I have someone come back trying for seconds. And the parents love em too because its less candy the kids get.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast