Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

How To Get TTM Autographs Authenticated

I'm trying to sell a large portion of my autograph collection, but it's very difficult. Most people don't want to buy autographs that don't come with some type of authentication which makes sense. So I've been looking around online to try to see which grading/authenticating company might suit my needs the best, so I decided to ask for advice here.

-Which company (SGC, PSA, Beckett, Other) is best for authenticating TTM autographs?
    -Do I submit the cards inside of card savers, 3x4 top loaders, 3x5 top loaders, or do any of the companies really care?
    -If the signers picture/name isn't on the card, should I write their name on a sticker and place that on the outside of the holder?

Many of my most valuable ttm autographs are most likely my Desert Storm cards that I've gotten signed by retired hi-ranking generals, admirals and other really important people that have been involved in many of the United States military operations from Vietnam until the modern wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Such as the card below which was signed by General Doug Brown. Many of you have probably never heard of him, but he served as a special forces soldier/pilot in Vietnam, the invasion of Grenada, helped plan the backup rescue mission during the Iranian hostage crisis, went on missions during the Iran/Iraq war, helped capture a Soviet made helicopter after it was abandoned by the Libyan military, helped insert, extract, and supply U.S. special forces during Desert Storm, and was the leader of the U.S. special forces at the time of his retirement in 2007. Many of the other veterans that have signed autographs for me have had equally amazing careers. Most of them have signed more than 1 card for me so I would like to try to get many of them authenticated so I can sell some of them now, or somewhere along the line. Most of my other autographs from sports are on the players actual card which I'm sure makes it a whole lot easier for the authenticators.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Cost will be your main issue. Most will costs around $12-13 to get cards slabbed. SGC is best for vintage stuff and I think most people use PSA for military but JSA is a good one for sports. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Cost will be your main issue. Most will costs around $12-13 to get cards slabbed. SGC is best for vintage stuff and I think most people use PSA for military but JSA is a good one for sports. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

I tried to read and understand the PSA guidelines for costs to get stuff certified and encased awhile back. I was so confused afterwards that I just threw my hands in the air and said to heck with it! Should there be a simple company to go through with a set price, please do fill us in as I have loads of passed away players whose autos I want to get certified. Should it only be the $12-13 you stated then I would love to know who to send off to at that price as 8 cards for $100 does not seem to bad.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See quikgrif3's Items on eBay

I know on the JSA website, you can just search the player's name and it will give you a price.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I know on the JSA website, you can just search the player's name and it will give you a price.

Thanks! Going to go give it a look!

It looks like $20-30 a card there? I type Dale Earnhardt, Mike Trout, Tom Landry and Peyton Manning it says $30 for basic fees! When I try guys like Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Pete Rose, Yogi Berra, Ozzie Smith, Stan Musial, Jerry Rice and Al Kaline they are running $20. Lebron James it does not even offer basic fee prices and $100 for full LOA? Doubt I would spend $100 to get any card certified! The site does make it more simple to understand than PSA and I may consider sending some of the $20 level autos in for grading, depending on how much extra getting them placed into sealed plastics are. My question is that I took a moment to look on eblah and some JSA cards are only showing a COA next to them and not encapsulated? I assume that you have to pay extra to get them encased than the basic fees from above?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See quikgrif3's Items on eBay

Honestly I've never used it, just a local autograph collector/seller at the mall told me about it.

I agree, $20 per is pretty high. That's why I never used it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I always save my return envelopes as it is close to authentication in that it is post marked form a specific city with the year as well. I think it's neat that I received Dallas Clark's autograph during the year the Colts won the super bowl and I have the envelope with the indianapolis post mark on it. Not the greatest authentication but I think it adds value to my collection.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would suggest PSA. I get into group submissions to get some of my cards graded. Usually pay $15 per card. Most LCS have submissions, you should see if yours does.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I was actually thinking of getting a few of my IP and TTM autos certified just for kicks and giggles. I may have to go in on one of those group submissions. I know a guy on YouTube named Funky D who always does them. When I go through my stuff I going to find a couple of cards that I wouldn't mind trying and give it a shot. I'll probably use something from a ballplayer that I've gotten their auto several times like Matt Ryan.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content