Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

A Rolling Stone Gathers No "Moss". Well, this Moss is Different!

Idecided I'll give everyone on these sites a double-treat today!

Don'tforget to like "Bruce C. Goaltending Museum" on Facebook, and be sureto check out our YouTube channel with our latest video on this very jersey:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY8oh5LzmtQ

Bornon June 29, 1975 in Ottawa, Tyler Moss was a top prospect, coming out of theKingston Frontenacs of the Ontario Hockey League. He was drafted 29th overallby Tampa Bay in 1993 and hovered through the various minor leagues throughvarious teams between 1995-1997.

Hefinally made the NHL with the Calgary Flames in 1997-98 and made his NHL debuton October 28, 1997. In that debut, he won his first ever game by a 6-3decision over Pittsburgh and veteran Tom Barrasso. He was limited to six gamesin his rookie year and then he got into a further eleven games in his nextseason before an injury he sustained in December of that year dropped him inthe depth charts below Giguere, Wregget, and Brathwaite. After the 1998-99season, Moss was traded to Pittsburgh but remained in the AHL and IHL for allof the 1999-00 season. In the 1999-00 off-season, Carolina signed him to be thefull-time backup to Arturs Irbe. Despite Irbe's iron-man starting abilitynetting him 77 games, Moss did manage to see action in twelve games. After theacquisition of Tom Barrasso and then Kevin Weekes in 01-02, Moss was once againrelegated to a minor-league depth role.
    TheCup Final run of 2002 made Moss expendable to the Canes' organization so he wassigned by the Canucks. He mostly played with the Moose of the AHL but he didget one final game with the Vancouver Canucks on December 23, 2002 against theAvalanche before remaining in the AHL 2004-05. Moss then packed his bags andplayed a further six seasons in Europe before finally retiring at the end ofthe 2011-12 season.

Inhis NHL career, Tyler Moss appeared in 30 games, recording a 6-16-1 record witha 3.25GAA and a 0.891% save average. He never appeared in an NHL playoff game.

Thejersey you are looking at right now is a 2000-01 Carolina Hurricanes Set 2 RoadSweater, worn by Moss in the second half of the season backing up Archie Irbe.At most, the sweater saw action in four games, but is definitively photomatchedto a March 2, 2001 contest against the New Jersey Devils.
    Acquiredfrom: Meigray Group, includes Hurricanes LOA

Datesof Game Use:

*February8, 2001 v Los Angeles (4-2L, 20-24)
    *February19, 2001 v Philadelphia (4-0, 11-13)
    March2, 2001 v New Jersey (7-3, 11-14)
    March28, 2001 v Washington (7-0, 17-20)

Photomatched:YES

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Two in one day? Oh man that's awesome!

The Canes have one of the nicest jerseys around, which makes this one solid edition Bruce! You always seem to pickup jerseys with some fairly decent wear, too. Good eye!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

Two in one day? Oh man that's awesome!

The Canes have one of the nicest jerseys around, which makes this one solid edition Bruce! You always seem to pickup jerseys with some fairly decent wear, too. Good eye!

I got the two on separate days, only posted them together today because why not...wear is awesome and luckily even single game pieces of goalies often have something to show for it.

As for posting both today, well, the filming and editing of the videos for the pieces takes time, otherwise I would have done both yesterday.

And the next addition coming up next week may or may not be a vintage game used goalie helmet...who knows.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I got the two on separate days, only posted them together today because why not...wear is awesome and luckily even single game pieces of goalies often have something to show for it.

As for posting both today, well, the filming and editing of the videos for the pieces takes time, otherwise I would have done both yesterday.

And the next addition coming up next week may or may not be a vintage game used goalie helmet...who knows.

This.