Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See phxsunscollector's Items on eBay

Yesterday I saw an item that had $100.00 shipping. Some people will do that, like if you see someone selling a lot and the starting bid is $0.99 then the shipping is most likely to be $20.00 or $30.00.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ZarkonGT's Items on eBay

And that's what Ebay is wanting to stop, because they're doing it to circumvent the fees.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yea sometimes it can be crazy. Like for a very large lot of cards the seller could buy an $8 flat reat box and fit thousands of cards in it, but they insist on making you pay like $30 shipping

SCF Rewards
    Country

One thing to do that always makes um mad if they dont combine shipping, tell them since you're paying for shipping on each, you want them all shipped seperatley.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sneakylittlehobbitses's Items on eBay

I sell stuff on EBAY and I sometimes charge $3 for something I should probably charge $2 for. Buyers have to understand that sellers have listing fees, final value fees, and paypal fees deducted, plus there are supplies like hard and soft plastics, team bags, and bubble envelopes that cost money as well. I don't condone sellers that charge ridiculous shipping prices, but there should be some kind of allowance for charging an extra buck or two depending on the item sold. I don't have any patience for people who win a 1 cent auction and then complain about the $2 shipping charge:-)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bigbronco89's Items on eBay

I dont understand why sellers think they should get the sellers fees back from overcharging shipping. When i sell a single card i give the buyer the option to send in a white envelope for 50 cents or in a bubble mailer for $2. $1.00 envelope + .50-.75 shipping (USPS) + .25 sleeves, holders etc. I do not overcharge on shipping to make up ebay fees. I buy alll the time on ebay and normally spend 2-4 shipping for 1 card. I hate it when i pay $3 shipping and it shows up in a white enevelope. That just bugs me that i know the seller ripped me off and used it to recover his fees. One time i bought 4 cards for $3 shipping each on ebay from the same seller. Before i went to pay for it i asked him how much the total shipping would be. He said "4 cards X $3 = $12 shipping". I told him that if he was going to charge me that much i wanted each shipping separate. He ended up "only" charging me $5 to ship them. what a deal. he was just mad that his cards didnt sell for more than 99 cents.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Here's how I ship on cards:

$1 to cover postage + bubble mailer
    $1.99 to cover Paypal/Ebay fees, time and ink to print labels, and top loader.

Profit? Maybe .... 20 cents? 50 at most?

But yes, some people are insane on it. That's why you can always ask how it's being shipped.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Minnesota Vikings
    See NA's Items on eBay

First thing you guys need to do is quit paying $1 for bubble mailers. You can get 50 at a time for $7 online. The place I used to use is now out of business, but there are several others on ebay still. They end up costing you about 15 cents a piece this way. It's great if you're going to be doing a lot of trades too. They're just sitting there, waiting for you to use them. :)

Oh and edited to say that I charge $2.50 s+h on my auctions and add cards at .50 each until you hit $4.50, then I use priority mail and ship up to a pound. If you win more than a pound, it's $8.20 and you get a flat rate box. I've sent 100+ graded cards in one of those flat rate boxes and it weighed about 20 lbs...cost me 8.20 + ins. (DC was free on the USPS site)

If people are charging over that, they are gouging to recoup ebay/paypal fees. (Which do add up to about 10-12%). I think my shipping prices get me more bids, and higher bids than if I were overcharging for the shipping.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ok....what about the seller's time spent packaging/driving to the PO, packaging, DC/insurance (if included)....Plus ebay/paypal fees.

For all you know, your friend charging $7 lives 20 miles from a PO....not saying he does, but it is a possibility.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That was $1 for the buble mailer + postage, not just the mailer :) I pay about 42 cents per mailer. Still high, but just wanted to clarify. :)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast