Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ZarkonGT's Items on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by Seablazer
    All my auctions on Ebay have the same S&H pricing:
    With-in the US: $3
    To Canada: $7

In the US, I will do the .50 every extra card up to $5, but once you eclipse that mark, I too move it to priority up to a pound...

As for Canada, after some real stupid problems with the Canadian Postal Service, I decided that I would no longer ship air mail, only Global Priority which I believe costs $6.20....

As for my shipping supplies, my packing is now this way:
    Penny Sleeve: .01 LOL
    Top Loader: I bought a bunch in bulk, think I figured it to be .03 cents each
    5x8" Photo Mailer: .25-1.00 (Higher if I run out and have to rely on Target, Walmart, etc.
    Then a 6x9 bubble mailer: .24 cents

I know I'm reduntant in protection practices, but I've gotten more thanks and credit for my packing than complaints... Card (in toploader) goes into the photo mailer wrapped in the Ebay invoice which leaves no movement, then the sealer photo mailer goes into the bubble mailer....

If anything, within the US, I make no money on shipping, to Canada, I can sometimes pull off a 5 to 10 cent profit...

Where are you getting your top loaders and bubble mailers for that cheap?

SCF Rewards
    Country

buying in bulk allows you to buy for that price...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ZarkonGT's Items on eBay

Doesn't tell me where, and -how many-. :)

That's why I was asking.

SCF Rewards
    Country

buy them on ebay

SCF Rewards
    Country

I get many on Ebay and sometimes I will buy a couple cases from my card shop....

My card shop charges 2 dollars for a 25/50 pack of loaders, and when I buy that by the case, the cost drops to 1 dollar a pack, sometimes less depending shipping costs from the seller to them and if the owner's daughter is in the shop because she hits me up with taxes which would add about .10-20 cents per package...

As for bubble mailers, I used to use Ebay a lot, and sometimes still will, but for the main part I get mine in bulk from Staples or Office Max... I have a student account with Office Max which gives me some really good deals, and my parents have a buyers account with Staples... You do have to buy a lot (250+) to get a good discount...

The only thing that ends up costing me a lot is the picture mailers... If I run out and have to buy them singularly, it will cost me .75-.99 each... If I buy them in bulk, the best price I've gotten was $20 for 100... which makes them about .20 each....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See e1luk's Items on eBay

psh. ebay fees and paypal fees take too much. just sold a marvin williams spa auto...winning bid was 23, dlvd was 25.50. paypal took off 1.04, my bubble mailer + shipping is another 1.30, and i still have to cover the listing and winning ebay fees. i offer envelope shipping per request for 1.50 for any listings with one or two cards.

why do i let paypal take away my money? it's protection so you don't get screwed over by frauds who end up getting money in your account frozen.

it's not that we're trying to rip you off. most people like me selling cards aren't even breaking even. we're just trying to make some money back off boxes we bust for fun. besides, for most cards at least, shipping would probably push your total sale to 'maybe' low bv if you're buying a cheap card.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (44)
    Country

well the way i look at it when i go to buy a card i know how much im willing to spend on it. so if i want to spend 30 and shipping is 2 then i bid 28 and if shipping is 7 ill bid 23. so it doesnt really affect me because i will spend the same amount either way. as for my auctions for cards i charge 2 dollars shipping.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

shipping sometimes is crazy, but as a seller and ebay store owner, I try to guage my shipping fee very reasonably. I ship singles for $2 and 25ct to 50 ct player lots for $3. PLus, with the new flat rate boxes, I can ship a few thousands cards for about $10-$12. I always create my shipping fees to come out ahead, but the key is being reasonable. I make sure to buy my product to be able to resell and make money on the actual card and not the fees. I know ebay fees are tough, and especially with the new jacked up store fees, I'm probably going to have to bump to 2.35 per single.

There are some extreme shipping fees, but with ebay store fees going up, paypal fees, and the cost of confirming delivery since paypal gives the buyer way too much power, it's bound to happen.

Like most people said, just add the shipping to the total amount of what you would pay for the card. If it is too much, then pass. You'll probably find the card in a few weeks or so anyway unless it's very rare.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (3) Sports Card Freaks
    Country
    See eliteonline's Items on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by Fordman7795
    ive never bought a bubble mailer, i only have ones that i got from buying on ebay but i did see they go for $1.09 at the PO.

Quote Originally Posted by Seablazer
    I get many on Ebay and sometimes I will buy a couple cases from my card shop....My card shop charges 2 dollars for a 25/50 pack of loaders, and when I buy that by the case, the cost drops to 1 dollar a pack

Okay
    I get my bubble mailers for 0.19cents each.. I get packages of top loaders for around $0.65pack of 25 .. Less then 0.03cents a toploader my total cost for Shipping an item ooh a whole 0.22 plus my postage which is only 0.89cents to canada... grand total $1.11

I have been an Ebay seller now for the last five years almost.. I always keep my Shipping low and I live in canada.. and I even combine S&H on Mutliple items won up to 10 items for $2.00 Bucks.. I have had multiple people buy off of me from ebay and other auction site.. Just because I keep my shipping at a reasonable price. I know a lot of other sellers hate it when I do that but in the end. It makes the customer happy and that whats counts in my Opinion, I have over 2000+ Feedback with only around 500 customers.

What needs to be done is for Buyers to shop around and not pay thoes high cost on S&H.. It is nuts..when a seller charges $4.00 shipping.. sure okay only charge that much if it is going Overseas .

Keep the Shipping low.. and you get repeat buyers.. and in the end you make your money threw your Mutilple sales... And Hey if you don't like ebay for selling go some place eles and sell.. there are alot of other auction sites out there..

Just my rant thou...

Thanks
    Elite

SCF Rewards
    See greekmachine44's Items on eBay

finally a seller that says it as it is,when sellers keep their shipping charges at a reasonable price they get more bids!!!! keeps buyers from being turned off the high cost of shipping and they come back for more,i enjoy buying and selling cards so if i can make some ones day by charging them less on shipping why not!!! i make money on the cards anyways.that,s part of the hobby aspect,KEEP IT FUN

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast