Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cord cutting

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Cord cutting

I just picked up a Roke SE off eBay the other day and also got a Google Chromebook. I have an order for ATT to turn on my internet this week. I'm really excited about cutting the cord and am interested in hearing other people's experiences.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Phoenix Coyotes Buffalo Sabres Tampa Bay Rays
    See hunngarr's Items on eBay

I haven't had TV service for awhile now. There is no real option for me that I would like. If there was a way to pay $10 a month for the 3 channels I'd watch, I'd go for it. A big difference for me is that I do not subscribe to any of these popular alternate services. They aren't worth the cost to me.

My TVs are now set up for OTA but one big issue is that a plane flying over head will disrupt the signal.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sling TV is only going to cost me $25 and I get a bunch of sports channels. Other than that I am using a bunch of free apps. I may or may not get Netflix. The biggest cost will be paying $62 per month to AT&T for internet access.

SCF Rewards
    Country

About last year I cancelled cable and bought a $50 antenna off of Amazon (I could have bought a cheaper one but this one had a larger reception range). I now get about 30 different channels and pay ZERO for TV. Before I was paying over $1000 a year to cable. It was a little weird at first not having the channels just as a habit thing but since then I do not missing anything other than the YES network and that's just for baseball season anyway. One of the best and easiest decisions I've ever made. I don't even have Netlix or Amazon Prime either so if you have those it would probably be even easier to quit cable as well.

If anybody wants any details or has any questions about dropping cable I'll be happy to answer them in this thread as well since a lot of people seem to be doing it or wanting to.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

I just had AT&T come yesterday out to hook my internet up. I started using the Roku and acted a fool. There is so much free stuff on there I'm scratching my head as to why in the world anyone still has cable. I paid $25 for sling tv and the sports package and everything else is free. Free movies, sports, tv shows, cooking demos and even 21+ content. . I was going to get Netflix but to be honest there was no need with all the free movie channels. The majority of my costs is for the internet with is $62. So my grand total is $87 per month and I am locked into the price with ATT for 1 year so no spikes in the bill and they also don't have all the hidden fees that Comcast does. I'm pretty happy with my set up and I encourage everyone to cut the cord.
    Last edited by mrveggieman; 03-04-2016 at 03:25 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I still don't know why a lot of people still have cable either but I guess I was kind of scared to get rid of it so that's why I'm offering up help to anybody that wants to do it. I'll answer all questions to try and push anybody over the edge into doing it. It might be tougher if you are in a place like Idaho that isn't going to get a lot of reception but if you live in a city or a state that is populated you should have a lot of channels to choose from. And remember after you buy the antenna and hook it into the TV everything is FREE after that. You will never pay another cent for it. You just have to buy the $20-$50 antenna and that's it. If you need to save some money you can save over $1000+ a year doing this.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

i have certain channels i watch, i agree if i could pay for about 10 channels or so id do that in a heartbeat.

I dont watch series or movies a ton so i have no need for netflix.
    i have the WWE network subscription which is 9.99 a month, you get thousands of hours of old and new wrestling events, every past ppv, and every new monthly ppv live...great deal for a wrestling fan.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'd also like to add that the WWE network subscription is a great deal if you are into that as $10 a month is way cheaper than just the price of PPVs before plus you get a whole ton of other stuff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Baltimore Orioles Washington Nationals

When I first saw your title, "Cord cutting", I thought you had just had a baby added to the family and you got the honor of "cutting the cord". Oh well, this isn't about that, but it is an interesting thread. Have a good night.

SCF Rewards
    Country

When I first saw your title, "Cord cutting", I thought you had just had a baby added to the family and you got the honor of "cutting the cord". Oh well, this isn't about that, but it is an interesting thread. Have a good night.

Hopefully one day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast