Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

What happened to this place??

Feels like a ghost town now, i think i signed up 2 years ago now and made a bunch of deals at first.I loved this board the most because there was always good discussion and drama you felt involved in the community. Same thing is happening at CNC site too , everyone kind of gravitated to facebook i guess, all thats here these days it feels like is the same people bumping their sale threads :/

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The community is what we make of it. There's a bit of a lull in action right now, though a lot of people are trading furiously over at the e-Pack website presently. There hasn't been a new release for a month, though with SPx coming out tomorrow and then some more products over the next month, expect things to bump up again.

Also, the playoff contests for The Quest For The Cup are coming!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills

It is tough to see the current state of this website. I have been on sparingly the past few years after spending hours a day here for the better part of probably 5-6 years. I suppose its partially my fault and the fault of members like me who arent as active as in years past. At the same time, however its difficult for me to come back and stay interested when there is hardly anything posted on a daily basis and very few responses to anything that is posted. Its one of those situations where, for people (including me) to stay involved and active there needs to be SOME activity, but its tough to generate that activity and keep it going when you come here throughout the day and see the same threads at the top of each forum with no new posts.

It also seems (to me as an outside with no data) that there are just very few active people. I dont recognize more than a handful of people usually and very few of my old buddies are around. I have almost 250 trades and hardly recognize anyone. That makes me sad.

Hopefully we do see some rebound in activity or I fear I too will wander away again before long :/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Feels like a ghost town now, i think i signed up 2 years ago now and made a bunch of deals at first.I loved this board the most because there was always good discussion and drama you felt involved in the community. Same thing is happening at CNC site too , everyone kind of gravitated to facebook i guess, all thats here these days it feels like is the same people bumping their sale threads :/

Five transactions over two years hardly constitutes a bunch of deals and involvement. I can still get that many trades in one week so perhaps you should be asking the membership what you could be doing differently instead.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jffoland's Items on eBay

There are usually between 100-180 people in the hockey section at a time here and approx 60-80 on HI. I think lack of hobby news has everyone just browsing around.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I think lack of hobby news has everyone just browsing around.

I've said it before, and I'll be panned for saying it again. But when one company has a monopoly over a market, it is a BAD thing for everyone. There is no reason to innovate or make changes because there is no competition. When that company does nothing new, there is nothing to talk about. It's just more of the same. When people have nothing to talk about, they get bored and move on to something more interesting.

Regardless of what the idiots in the NHLPA and NHL Marketing think, competition BUILDS markets. Monopolies stagnate markets. But UD's strategy over the long-term seems to be to allow competition to help build up the market in off-talent years, and then they get their monopoly in years where a "generational talent" comes along, so that they can make all the money during the peak interest years. Does anyone think it is a coincidence that they had a monopoly when Crosby and McDavid were rookies, but Panini was allowed to make cards in between? So while there is added hype this year because of McDavid, imagine how much more interest there would be if Panini was still making cards and the two companies were fighting to top each other this year! You would probably see some awfully cool new ideas coming out. But instead, its just more of the same...

With nothing new to talk about, people lose interest. And therefore, these boards become boring and tedious. There is your answer...

New Member Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See manthis02's Items on eBay

sorry but I'm here to trade not talk

so lets get ur done..
    my new flicker

Hidden Content

- ( IN ROCK WE TRUST )= (ITS ROCK or BUST)-

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've said it before, and I'll be panned for saying it again. But when one company has a monopoly over a market, it is a BAD thing for everyone. There is no reason to innovate or make changes because there is no competition. When that company does nothing new, there is nothing to talk about. It's just more of the same. When people have nothing to talk about, they get bored and move on to something more interesting.

Regardless of what the idiots in the NHLPA and NHL Marketing think, competition BUILDS markets. Monopolies stagnate markets. But UD's strategy over the long-term seems to be to allow competition to help build up the market in off-talent years, and then they get their monopoly in years where a "generational talent" comes along, so that they can make all the money during the peak interest years. Does anyone think it is a coincidence that they had a monopoly when Crosby and McDavid were rookies, but Panini was allowed to make cards in between? So while there is added hype this year because of McDavid, imagine how much more interest there would be if Panini was still making cards and the two companies were fighting to top each other this year! You would probably see some awfully cool new ideas coming out. But instead, its just more of the same...

With nothing new to talk about, people lose interest. And therefore, these boards become boring and tedious. There is your answer...

Panini started this garbage years ago when they spent a ridiculous amount of money for the NBA exclusive license. Upper Deck had the rights to Kobe, Lebron, and Jordan so that meant that all the Panini stuff wouldn't have them which basically crippled the basketball market for years all because Panini wanted to take over the card market and eliminate Topps/Upper Deck/Leaf etc. If anything them losing the NHL license is karma.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

BANNED

Country
    See Rustyisin65's Items on eBay

Lack of scoring is killing the hockey card market.
    2nd year in a row Art Ross winner will have less than 100 points.
    This year one 40 goal scorer and none with 50.
    Great if you love defenceman, but they cant hold up this hobby.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants New York Yankees New York Rangers

@Goaler33 Changes have been talked about a lot with the new ownership. Scott is committed to making SCF great (I think it is already, but I am bias)

Take a look at this thread and make some suggestions https://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...4#post14141894

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast