Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Actually, I do have some card-specific questions.

Regarding vintage, obviously ungraded cards are typically cheaper than graded cards. Some of the vintage I'm looking at are big names, which can be popular for fakes. Any trust issues at the National with fakes? Or am I better off not being cheap, and taking any gray area out by buying slabbed vintage?

I will say this. There always has been fakes and even graded cards have proven to be fakes. Nothing is infallible so be careful. My suggestion is be as educated you can. Learn to notice the difference in the fibers, pixels, etc in old cards and fakes. As education will help you reduce the chance of buying a fake. Also, invest in a magnification device. Most reputable dealers will tell you the defects but it always better to double check as it buyer beware IMO.

The dealers in the first few rows have been setting up at the Nationals for 20 plus years. So why would they want to rip someone off on one transaction to ruin their reputation. So some homework is look who specializes in Vintage then seek those dealer booth out while at the National. Many will take time to educate you and try to make a successful deal. As a happy customer will be a repeat customer.

@KMayUSA6060

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

I will say this. There always has been fakes and even graded cards have proven to be fakes. Nothing is infallible so be careful. My suggestion is be as educated you can. Learn to notice the difference in the fibers, pixels, etc in old cards and fakes. As education will help you reduce the chance of buying a fake. Also, invest in a magnification device. Most reputable dealers will tell you the defects but it always better to double check as it buyer beware IMO.

The dealers in the first few rows have been setting up at the Nationals for 20 plus years. So why would they want to rip someone off on one transaction to ruin their reputation. So some homework is look who specializes in Vintage then seek those dealer booth out while at the National. Many will take time to educate you and try to make a successful deal. As a happy customer will be a repeat customer.

@KMayUSA6060

Don

That's one of my favorite parts of the hobby, when people sit there, talk with you, educate you, etc. I truly enjoy that interaction. I'm 21, almost 22. I don't know everything and will never pretend to. God gave us 2 eyes, 2 ears, but only 1 mouth; listen and observe twice as much as you talk. That's my theory.

I will be sure to check out the first few rows first. I've done enough research to also have a good name recognition database. Forums and social media give you a good idea of names that are good to deal with, while also some whom are bad.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

That's one of my favorite parts of the hobby, when people sit there, talk with you, educate you, etc. I truly enjoy that interaction. I'm 21, almost 22. I don't know everything and will never pretend to. God gave us 2 eyes, 2 ears, but only 1 mouth; listen and observe twice as much as you talk. That's my theory.

I will be sure to check out the first few rows first. I've done enough research to also have a good name recognition database. Forums and social media give you a good idea of names that are good to deal with, while also some whom are bad.

I concur.

Here a list of the dealers and their booths:

http://nsccshow.com/wp-content/uploa...-6-25-2016.pdf

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Topps to Host 37th National VIP Party!

Check out Topps 1951 VIP Set!

The Topps Company is proud to host The National Sports Collectors Convention VIP Party to kick off the National Sports Collection Convention in Atlantic City, NJ on Wednesday, August 3.

The VIP party, which is set to begin at 2:30 p.m., will feature free autographs from NHL Hall of Famer & former NY Ranger Goalie Eddie Giacomin, 1974 NL MVP Steve Garvey and Phillies Closer Mitch Williams as well as great Topps prize giveaways throughout the party.

image.jpeg

VIPs will want to check out their bags as Topps is offering 1951 Topps Red & Blue Backs 65th Anniversary packs of four cards featuring players who were in the original ’51 set.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Win a Signed & Framed Muhammad Ali Print from Wheatland Auction Services!

Win a Signed & Framed Muhammad Ali Print from Wheatland Auction Services!
    Wheatland Auction Services is proudly hosting a giveaway for all National Sports Collectors Convention fans at this year’s National! Visit them at booth numbers 657 and 756 to register and win a Muhammad Ali sign and framed print. the print is JSA authenticated with a retail value of $500!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

rd Roadshows Announces 37th National Giveaway

Baseball Card Roadshows has just announced they will be giving away a stunning 1955 Topps Sandy Koufax rookie card graded SGC84 (Near Mint 7) at the 2016 National Sports Collectors Convention in Atlantic City, NJ. Please visit corporate booth 632, for your opportunity to enter. The card will be given away on the main stage Sunday afternoon in a random drawing* conducted by the show manager.
    Baseball Card Roadshows is based out of Minneapolis, MN and is the largest vintage sports card buying tour in the country. The team at Roadshows travels over 300 days a year and pays cash, on the spot, for all sports card collections 1972 and older. If you are looking to sell a vintage collection at the National, please visit corporate booth 632.

For larger collections, contact Gary Leavitt in advance at 612-558-7580.

Baseball Card Roadshows will have entry forms available only at their corporate booth 632 for the Sandy Koufax rookiecard valued at $5,000.

For more information on Baseball Card Roadshows and official rules for the free drawing, visit their website at www.baseballcardroadshows.com or email direct to [email protected]

*No purchase necessary & need not be present to win. Review the official rules.
    Check out Gary Leavitt from Baseball Card Roadshows detail the giveaway below:

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New England Patriots Boston Celtics New York Yankees
    See toyotacelicaman12's Items on eBay Instagram:

Are coins/comics allowed at the National?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Are coins/comics allowed at the National?

I seen Lego's there before as my grandson picked up some from one exhibitor while he went for a day with me.
    You planning on bringing some? I would say it would not be a problem except space would be problematic especially if your just throwing a large row box for people to dig thru.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New England Patriots Boston Celtics New York Yankees
    See toyotacelicaman12's Items on eBay Instagram:

I was more just wondering if non sports stuff was allowed. Wasn't planning on bringing a bunch of comics.
    I seen Lego's there before as my grandson picked up some from one exhibitor while he went for a day with me.
    You planning on bringing some? I would say it would not be a problem except space would be problematic especially if your just throwing a large row box for people to dig thru.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I was more just wondering if non sports stuff was allowed. Wasn't planning on bringing a bunch of comics.

Any other questions just ask.

Don

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast