Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

37th National Sports Collector Convention in Atlantic City 2016 (who is going?)

The Nationals are coming!

The National is the event of the year and is the place you should be. Collectors, dealers, distributors, manufacturers, licensor's and everyone else in the collectibles industry all participate in the worlds most spectacular sports and entertainment collectibles industry. Don't miss it

I plan on being there and if any of you will even be there for a day stopby and visit us at our table. As I know Scott and other SCF'ers will help out with the table. Come by and do some trading, chat about the show, do a live video of a box break or talk about what ya seen, etc. The more the merrier so if your going to be there let us know.

I just figured I post this to see who will be going with a few questions.

Are you going for 1 days or 4 days?

What your purpose in attending (auto guest, bust some cases, meet certain friends, see a certain dealer, etc)?

What the best pick up you ever had?

If you will be attending let me know and I will create a list of us so we can keep in contact via pm's as the day approaches. Always nice to meet members from the SCF Community.

Here the autograph lineup for the Nationals:

TRISTAR: 37th National (Atlantic City) Initial Autograph Lineup Announced!‏

http://www.tristarproductions.com/National/index.html

List of Members thinking about going:
    Go maz; Jfried1029;KMayUSA6060; Patriotsguy ; PatsFanVT ; Rybowski ; scottkoz20 ; SuperZeke50 ; triship; walker066;

Want more information on the Nationals click the banner!
    Last edited by doniceage; 06-26-2016 at 08:05 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Tyson - Namath - Rivera and More!
    Initial List of Signers for 37th National
    Hall of Famers headline the initial list of autograph guests for the 37th National Sports Collectors Convention, scheduled for August 3-7, 2016 at the Atlantic City Convention Center. The first release of names numbers 60+ Superstar athletes and is sure to excite every attendee at the event. Additional names will be added as they are confirmed; 120+ Autograph Signers appeared at the 2015 National.

Mike TysonFormer Heavyweight Boxing Champion Mike Tyson returns to the TRISTAR Autograph Pavilion at the National. Tyson, who has appeared previously at the National, is a very popular guest and returns to Atlantic City, the site of several classic Tyson bouts including Larry Holmes and Michael Spinks.

Led by Super Bowl III MVP and NFL Hall of Famer Joe Namath, pro football stars include former NY Giants Lawrence Taylor and Harry Carson. Other NFL Superstars appearing include former Steelers Jack Ham, Rocky Bleier, Jack Lambert and Andy Russell. Former Steelers Great and Future Hall of Famer Hines Ward is also scheduled. Joining them will be Hall of Famer Jim Kelly, Earl Campbell and Former Redskin Superstar QB Joe Theismann.

Baseball fans will be happy to see 2016 Hall of Fame Inductee and former NY Mets Great Mike Piazza signing at the National. Fellow Mets Greats Darryl Strawberry and Keith Hernandez join Piazza. The entire class of 2015 Hall of Fame Inductees will sign - Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Pedro Martinez and RandyMariano Rivera Johnson. Yankees fans won't be disappointed as Future Hall of Famer and All Time Saves Leader Mariano Rivera will be on hand. He will be joined by several members of the late 90's Yankees Championships including Wade Boggs, Tino Martinez and a rare appearance by Andy Pettitte. From the 70's Yankees Championship run, Reggie Jackson, Ron Guidry, Bucky Dent, ALCS Hero Chris Chambliss and Mike Torrez will sign. MLB Hall of Famers include Cal Ripken, Jr., Rod Carew, Steve Carlton, Frank Robinson, Johnny Bench, Lou Brock, Bob Gibson, Tom Glavine, Al Kaline, Ryne Sandberg, Ozzie Smith, Jim Bunning, Dennis Eckersley, Rickey Henderson, Jim Rice, Dave Winfield and Robin Yount. Also appearing will be Roger Clemens, Curt Schilling and Tim Raines.

From Pro Basketball, NBA Hall of Famer Patrick Ewing makes a rare show appearance. NY Knicks teammates Larry Johnson and John Starks will sign. Former Duke and College Basketball Hall of Famer Christian Laettner will appear at the National. Finally Wrestling Legend Ric Flair rounds out the initial list of signers.

The first group of VIP signers has been announced as well. Signing for free for those who purchase any of our VIP Packages will be former Philadelphia Phillies greats Greg Luzinski, Dave Cash and Von Hayes. In addition former Eagles All Pro and College Football Hall of Famer Maxie Baughan is part of the VIP Program. In all there will be 18 VIP signers announced before the show. VIPs get tickets for 12 VIP autographs while attendees who purchase a SuperVIP Package will receive tickets for all 18 VIP guests. Visit the National web site now to purchase VIP Packages or General Admission tickets.

http://nsccshow.com

Members attending:
    Patriotsguy, walker066,

SCF WILL BE SET UP AT BOOTH 461.
    Last edited by doniceage; 03-31-2016 at 11:58 PM.

OPG Storefront Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New England Patriots Boston Bruins Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @patriotsguy See patriots_football_guy's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale
    Member is PayPal Verified

So far I am shooting to drive down Friday AM and attend the say. Hopefully have dinner with some you guys and then head home that night.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'll be in attendance this year with my buddy who is a member, but hasn't been active for a while. It will be my fourth (2 Baltimore, 2 Atlantic City) time attending and luckily it's on 1.5 hours away. My buddy it will be his first time. Right now we are talking Friday and Saturday, but potentially another day. We will probably go through 5000ct boxes to find some cheap pre-85 cards and also purchase some vintage.

Some of the autograph guys I have interest in, but I won't decided until later on.

Don't remember my best pick up from a National show, but I remember being around 15 years old and found an Andruw Jones & Vladimir Guerrero 1995 Bowmans Best Rookies in a $1 box at a local card show. They were around $30-$40 each, so I flipped them for a nice profit.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

So far I am shooting to drive down Friday AM and attend the say. Hopefully have dinner with some you guys and then head home that night.

See ya there!

I'll be in attendance this year with my buddy who is a member, but hasn't been active for a while. It will be my fourth (2 Baltimore, 2 Atlantic City) time attending and luckily it's on 1.5 hours away. My buddy it will be his first time. Right now we are talking Friday and Saturday, but potentially another day. We will probably go through 5000ct boxes to find some cheap pre-85 cards and also purchase some vintage.

Some of the autograph guys I have interest in, but I won't decided until later on.

Don't remember my best pick up from a National show, but I remember being around 15 years old and found an Andruw Jones & Vladimir Guerrero 1995 Bowmans Best Rookies in a $1 box at a local card show. They were around $30-$40 each, so I flipped them for a nice profit.

Always nice to go with a friend for sure. Since you been to four you have a good idea of what to expect.

Finding boxes to go thru is fun but very time consuming. Of course as you said that how you find the flips like you mentioned below. See you there. SCF will be set up at booth 461.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

Always nice to go with a friend for sure. Since you been to four you have a good idea of what to expect.

Finding boxes to go thru is fun but very time consuming. Of course as you said that how you find the flips like you mentioned below. See you there. SCF will be set up at booth 461.

Don[/QUOTE]

Yeah, eventually there will come a point in the day that I get tired of looking through those boxes. Luckily, we only look for pre 85 cards, so that will eliminate some of the vendors. We also look for vintage memorabilia, so that will break the day/days up. I think he might be overwhelmed with the amount of vendors.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

Don- I will be there as always.
    Always Looking for:

A) Graded Vintage (Pre-1980) (BGS, BVG, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    B) Graded True RC's (No inserts or parallels) (BGS, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    C) Certified Auto and GU cards of players from the 70's and further back in all sports

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Don

Yeah, eventually there will come a point in the day that I get tired of looking through those boxes. Luckily, we only look for pre 85 cards, so that will eliminate some of the vendors. We also look for vintage memorabilia, so that will break the day/days up. I think he might be overwhelmed with the amount of vendors.[/QUOTE]

If the deals are good enough or there is stuff for set needs I never mind looking thru boxes.

Drop by the booth 461.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (949)
    Country
    See trishlp94's Items on eBay

I'll be there Thursday and Friday. Looking to fill in some baseball set needs and pick up some cards for my Miller PC. Will also buy wax I am sure

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I'll be there Thursday and Friday. Looking to fill in some baseball set needs and pick up some cards for my Miller PC. Will also buy wax I am sure

Drop by the booth and share your pickups with us. Love seeing what fellow SCF'ers pick up at the show.

Don

Don

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast