Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Kenny W AO fake patch

SCF Rewards
    Country

To the poster who offers that it is his do do with how he pleases, if I took a pure silver coin and plated it gold, I could turn a $20 item into a $1200 dollar item at today's rate while merely stating that the coin is gold and not silver and weighs a troy ounce. A mere subtlety in color not content.Would you feel ripped off now? This would not be a crime of altering currency as there are many commemorative coins that are not legal currency and therefore do not fall under the laws of the US treasury in regards to legal tender ( I'm in the US). It is still wrong, illegal and unethical.z

It would only be illegal if you explicitly state that it is a 24K (or whatever you want to call it) gold coin. Plating something, whether with a precious metal or for other reasons, and selling it as such is not illegal, and is a quite common practice. Does Kenny explicitly state the cards are unaltered? I agree that it's wrong and unethical, but that's not the same as illegal.

By the way, I do enjoy your input, and I do believe that the card collecting community would be better off without him. But I don't know if going onto a semi-public forum and demanding personal information is the right way to go about it (not saying it's right or wrong). Also agree that the lynch mob mentality/physical violence that seems somewhat likely to stem from this should not be condoned.
    Last edited by jmatchett; 05-12-2016 at 01:39 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

They're not "forged" as he doesn't create the patches. I believe you are saying that he tampers with the patches included in the card. However, he does not (to my knowledge) attests that the patches are the ones that were inserted into the card originally. If he says, separate from Upper Deck, that they are "game-worn" or "photo shoot-worn", then you'd have a case.

Basically, he buys an item. He then takes ownership of that item, and modifies it. At that point, he then decides to sell the card. Unless he explicitly states that the card is ulaltered, please tell me what the crime is. It's like buying a house, making updates/modifications to it, and then reselling it without stating any/all modifications that have been made to the house since it was built originally.

So you would do or say nothing if I were to sell you a vintage car for the full collectible value, and by all appearances you thought you were getting a pristine factory original; however, you find out after the fact that the engine is from a different make of worthless car.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would feel ripped off, yes. It's unethical, but not illegal unless you explicitly stated in the bill of sale that it was built using all original parts. In fact, I would make that a requirement if I was to shell out tens of thousands of dollars for a vintage motor vehicle, but that's neither here not there.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

i think people are ignoring the point that this guy claimed that the cards were real and made 1000s of dollars off of his forgeries. isn't that the main point here??? he altered cards and made money off of them and bc of guys like him whenever someone sees a nice patch on ebay, they will doubt if it is real or not. he's actually a big reason why i don't buy anymore on ebay.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

i think people are ignoring the point that this guy claimed that the cards were real and made 1000s of dollars off of his forgeries. isn't that the main point here??? he altered cards and made money off of them and bc of guys like him whenever someone sees a nice patch on ebay, they will doubt if it is real or not. he's actually a big reason why i don't buy anymore on ebay.

not quite. he has two accounts, one to buy white patches and another to sell the patches that he indeed modifies. he makes new swatch cards out of the single white colored patches and he doesn't alter or modify other patch cards. he makes new ones for his own profit.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

my guess is that all the other accounts that he has been associated with are seller accounts since he has been caught a bunch of times with his shadiness.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Anyone on here bought this????
    Original Kenny sold

Kenny fake been resale again

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

close this thread already. clearly if something was going to be done about kenny it would have been taken care of by now.

SCF Rewards
    Country

close this thread already. clearly if something was going to be done about kenny it would have been taken care of by now.

Don't be a bully! It will need time to get Kenny.
    U consider yourself as his former friend. U know exactly what going on. Why don't you help go get him?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (139)
    Country
    See adamslogikcards's Items on eBay

I really think this thread needs to be closed also.

Really, it's just become a place for the OP to run his mouth and belittle those who object to his methods.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast