Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mw83krk's Items on eBay

Considering liquidating collection ... tips?

I've gotten to the point that I am strongly considering selling my entire collection to someone that will either enjoy the cards or sell them off to other collectors. I have a young child and another on the way and I find that my priorities are elsewhere these days. I started with giving up our Toronto FC season tickets two years ago and while I thought I would regret it, I really haven't. I have two other hobbies besides cards, one other being diecast cars and the other my SAABs.

I've been pondering if I should try selling individually, or as a lot. I have close to 500 mostly autograph (some memorabilia) cards with a good mix of low/mid/high end. I feel like posting and shipping close to 500 cards may take forever; I'd like to hear some thoughts. I'm in no rush to move these, and may just end up keeping them in their box to look at once a year and add a card here and there :)

Also, if selling as a lot, I'd be interested to hear what you think I could reasonable expect to ask for these. I have included a google drive link to an up to date PDF with my collection, sorted by year. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3HuFahrk9iNRTdCM3pXdVg5VnM/view?usp=sharing

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sjw241's Items on eBay

Another option would be to have someone (ME) sell the cards for you and take a small percentage for my time. I do this for several people and they are all happy with my service. If you want to discuss further PM me. Thanks

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I you have the time, and aren't in a rush, I would list them all periodically and see who bites. You never know how much you could sell off right away, especially if you are getting rid of a lot of cards. Then, once the cards have been scaled down a bit, maybe try selling the rest as a big lot? But first, I would definitely try to piece out some of the bigger stuff. Also, this will give you the time to figure out what you REALLY want to keep/look at, and the ones you'd like to sell of. Sometimes taking your time with stuff like this is the right way to go.

Best of luck ! :)
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See jackofalltradesLA's Items on eBay

I would list everything on ebay that you could sell for more than $20. Everything else I'd either put in one big lot on ebay or send to COMC.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See frankie5s's Items on eBay

If you want to move it all at once, I may be interested. Check your PMs

SCF Rewards
    Country

Only way to realize full value is to list them all as BIN's w/ best offer. You would get destroyed in an auction right now, prices are horrible. And COMC is basically where you go to sell a $10 Ebay card for $3 bucks.

I would spend a few weeks listing them on Ebay and sit on the listings.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm in a similar boat right now, with a few hundred auto/memo type of cards to sell off, and not in a desperate rush. I've moved a few dozen so far and happy to just keep unloading them at a moderate pace. I've put them up with BIN/BO starting at a price around double what I'd be looking to accept, and as long as someone makes a reasonable offer I'm happy to accept. Whatever doesn't sell I relist the next month and the next dropping the BIN around 20 percent each time until they sell.

I notice you've got several cards from certain sets, listing all the cards from a set at the same time there's a decent chance you'll get nibbles from someone working on the set and wanting to take multiple to save on s/h so make sure to be clear what your combined s/h policy is (I offer free for any card beyond the first). Saves them money on shipping, saves you time and energy on packaging so it's a real win/win. There's rarely someone looking to buy the same exact lot of cards from a set that you're looking to unload, so I'd stay away from listing stuff as a lot unless you're really getting to the I just want to be rid of it all stage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I've been doing mine card by card. It may take some time but do this when I'm watching a game. Multi task for the win.
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and Michigan players in Michigan uni

Hidden Content

Thanks to the USPS Shipping only to US addresses.

Shipping done on Saturdays no matter when the trade is confirmed

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See prosserfan39's Items on eBay

Not to hijack a thread, but how does COMC work as far as selling physical cards? I've sold a few e-pack cards, but I've got hundreds and thousands of cards I have no use for and need to get rid of.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mw83krk's Items on eBay

Thanks everyone for replying. I ended up selling the entire lot to a member here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast