Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Vancouver Canucks
    Instagram:

For a box a bit over a 100 dollars it hasn't been too bad. Especially box 4. Good luck on the rest.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Whelp. So far Boxes 1-3 have blown royally. Box 4 had two good finishers and Box 5 had some interesting and some good pieces. I'm going to go spend some time with the wife and relax a little. I'll try to finish this off tomorrow. Thanks for the look so far everyone!

Cheers,
    reoddai

I would agree with your assessment. Hoping it picks up the rest of the way and you hit some major pieces. Good luck! -Mike

SCF Rewards
    Country

Some solid hits in there, how little do you need for the theo/sundin dual jersey?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rydlar99's Items on eBay

hmmm you have me worried about the case I'm going to break at the Expo today now...

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (22)
    Country
    See headsup's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Some up and downs in your half case so far. I am hoping that your second half gives you something better to show off...?

I don't get the "Green Vault stamps means there are 3 copies"? It's marked 1/1. How can there be 3 copies that are each 1/1??

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Each copy has a different colour of stamp, making it unique, and thus a 1/1.

I don't remember the colours off the top of my head.... but what the "one copy exists" colour is, it exists for all cards. The "two copies exists" colour means that colour of stamp exists for all cards with 2 or more copies..... etc, etc, etc.

Some up and downs in your half case so far. I am hoping that your second half gives you something better to show off...?

I don't get the "Green Vault stamps means there are 3 copies"? It's marked 1/1. How can there be 3 copies that are each 1/1??

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See reoddai002's Items on eBay

Half the boxes are down and half to go. The first 3 very disapointing, but the last two have been slightly uplifting and give hope for the rest of the case. How will the rest of these boxes play out? Follow along as I break the rest!

Box 6, Card 1

Ohhh. a very sligh Sharks mask from the first ever mask set. I'm not a fan of the dripping blood on the mask design, but the dufex technology is great and really causes the mask to pop. The player is probably Toskala, so not a great hit player wise, but its a nice mask card none the less. I just checked the back. Turns out that its Brian Hayward. Better than Toskala in my books.

Box 6, Card 2

Looks like a game-used jersey gold version of Spencer Martin. Two colours are nice, as is the good seam. He doesn't appear to have cracked the NHL, but it looks like he's still playing, although I'm not sure. If he's still playing that's a great sign as goalies tend to need longer to get into the NHL and the longer you play, the better your chances as you are still deemed potentially good enough. Good luck Spencer.

Box 6, Card 3

Adam Lowry all white game jersey silver. This guy actually made it on the Jets team for a season. I think he's back down in the NHL. All white swatch says move onto the next card.

Box 6, Card 4

Ohhh... a nice Saku Koivu two colour All-star patch card. I thin kthis is my 4th or fifth all star patch and you generally don't see all star jerseys inserted into cards anymore. They're starting to grow on me and Saku is like the FIRST genuine Montreal Canadiens card to come out of these boxes. You've even got a nice shoulder crest of montreal right in the middle of the card. Are we starting to see the beginnings of a Montreal streak?

Box 6, Card 5

Signature series Pat Verbeek. This isn't funny anymore. One signature series card per box of mid range guy. Tap!

Box 6, Card 6

A nice Nikolai Khabibulin, "The wall" autograp showing him in his Chicago jersey. I remember after Tampa bay's stanley cup win, this guy went to so many teams trying to replicate his success and once again earn the nickname "the wall". I don't think he ever managed to match the success that he had with Tampa ever again. Is he with an HNL team now? I don't think so. Still, a Stanley Cup wining goalie. with 300+ wins.

Box 6, Card 7

A REALKLY nice Yann Dannis patch. When Yann Danis was with Montreal, I remember that his stuff was going for solid dollars. Then he bounced around the NHL and had brief stints in like... 3 or 4 other teams. NYI was one. Edmonton was another I think. Is he still playing? Hopefully. Be the hype again Yann. Your had an awesome patch in this card regardless. Looks like a gold verion too.

Box 6, Card 8

HOF Detroit Goalie Dominik Hasek. Here's where the box hopefully starts to get great. The same card design as the Eric Daze from earlier, but an actually great player on the front. I do still like the card design and the red swatch is bonafide. Way to go Dominik. You did great in Buffalo and Detroit.

Box 6, Card 9

Now isn't this intereting? A Paul Coffey Franchises signature for his time in Carolina. I totally forgot that he played in Carolina. Afterall, Paul Coffey is more known for his time in Edmonton and to lesser extends in LA, Pittsburgh and Detroit. I just went to check it out and he's got the award for "most different teams played on by a 1000 pt scorer - 9". He had 50 points in Caroline over two seasons. They probaby wanted him more for his star draw than anything, but still, 50 pts is 50 pts. HOF D. Can't complaign about this card! What's the box hit?

Box 6, Card 10

International Ice Henrik Zetterberg. Don't get me wrong, Zetterberg is an awesome player. He's the cornerstone of Detroit. He's as clever as they come and although he's been in the league a long time, he's still an impact force (although declining) and if you're not careful, he'll make you look stupid. But he's a sweede. I collect Canadians. Nuff said?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Some solid hits in there, how little do you need for the theo/sundin dual jersey?

How little? To use the South Park negotiating technique, you're breaking my balls man. Send me a Pm and we can talk.

hmmm you have me worried about the case I'm going to break at the Expo today now...

I've seen one other case break. This looks pretty typical TBH. I think the "case hit" will be a jersey auto. Next two top hits are superstar HOF autos (e.g. my Roy Auto & Ovechkin Auto) and then a smattering of other stuff. I hope that I'm wrong and good luck on your case.

On April 7th Dr. Price posted a new blog entry that you can see here:
    https://prezsez.wordpress.com/

Here's the important part of the text
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPrice
    The Final Vault Foil Stamping

The foil stamping for the cards in the Final Vault is different for the Autograph Cards, Game-Used Memorabilia Cards and the Mask Cards.

Mask Cards

There are three different stamps on the Mask Cards. There is a Gold V 1/1 stamp on one of each card released over the years including the parallels. There is a Silver V 1/5 stamp on five of each card released over the years including parallels. There is a Green V stamp on many of the cards released over the years. The quantity of each Green V stamp varies for the different cards.

Autographs Cards

All of the Autograph Cards are stamped with a Black V Vault stamp. The number of each Autograph Card stamped and inserted into The Final Vault varies for each different Autograph Card.

Game-Used Memorabilia Cards

Each Game-Used Memorabilia Card is stamped with a different V 1/1 colored foil stamp. The different foil color stamps are; Red, Blue, Green, Silver, Gold, Black, Pink, Purple, Copper and Teal.

Red 1/1 Foil Stamp means that there is at least one card in the product.

Blue 1/1 Foil Stamp means that there are at least two cards in the product.

Green 1/1 Foil Stamp means that there are at least three cards in the product.

Silver 1/1 Foil Stamp means that there are at least four cards in the product.

Gold 1/1 Foil Stamp means that there are at least five cards in the product.

Black 1/1 Foil Stamp means that there are at least six cards in the product.

Pink 1/1 Foil Stamp means that there are at least seven cards in the product.

Purple 1/1 Foil Stamp means that there are at least eight cards in the product.

Copper 1/1 Foil Stamp means that there are at least nine cards in the product.

Teal 1/1 Foil Stamp means that there are up to ten cards in the product.

The Final Vault demonstrates the cards produced by In The Game during our sixteen years in business. We hope you enjoy this trip down “Memory Lane”.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Box 6 wasn't bad. It had HOF. It had future HOF. it also had has beens and never wases. Not a terrible box by any means, but also missing that omf. As Dr. Price says, let's continue down this trip of memoery lane! Onto big hits and beyond!

Box 7, Card 1

Another gold Mask card. Actually, these cards from the first mask set are quite delightful. Realy great design and they pop indeed. This one also appear to have a gold 1/1 so its a tru 1/1 in the vault release set. Mr. Khabibulin also makes a second appearnce and this mask apparaenlty was from his days in the lightnig

Box 7, Card 2

National pride game used glove of Steve Downie. Seve isn't playing anymore as far as I know, but he was a bruiser when he was playing. Quick wiki check shows 200 points and 1000 PIMS. The glove is a great piece and its Canadian. You know, I'm seeing a lot of enforcers and mid range players. I'd hate to think that the Vault's theme was mediocrity and pugalism.

Box 7, Card 3

Scott Niedermayer appearance #2. This time as a Captain C jersey for his time in Anaheim. Despite being NHL license deficient, they did a nice design on this card by using colours that evoke the team's emblem. The jersey is a nice piece too.

Box 7, Card 4

Alexi Yashin.... oh my. The ITG Vault player of the NHL. Lots of hype, very expensive and .... I can't say that it fails to deliver because we haven't gotten to the end of the break, or Yahin's contract. Let's see how it goes and hope that we aren't all dispointed. Well, at least its a good looking card.

Box 7, Card 5

Roland McKeown. I never heard of the guy. From the card, he played for the Kingston Frontenacs and I used to live in Kingston, so you get 0.5 points.

Box 7, Card 6

Josh Morrissey. What have we learned everyone? That in the second half of the break, the guys who never got to the NHL end up in the 6-7 break positions instead of the 2-3 like we saw earlier in the break. Moving on. He's got a nice auto though.

Box 7, Card 7

Johan Backlund H&P auto. He played 1 NHL game. And by played, I mean he had two periods, let in two goals, had a groin injugy and got credited for the loss because his team only scored 1. Poor guy. He literally had his 40 minutes of fame. And, now we know that its not just the 6 & 7 positions who are the never made it players, but the 8th as well. Wooppee.

Box 7, Card 8

Daymond Langkow signature series autograph. This signature series frequency and regularity is so sadly funny, I could cry.

Box 7, Card 9

Holy crud! Actual vintage. Frank Brimsek BTP vintage memorabilia. This was very closely PC. I've been looking for a Broda and/or Gardiner from this set because its such a cool set and these guys are SO hard to find. You know what, I think I will call this PC. Frank played most of his career with Boston and won two stanley cups as well as two Vezina trophies. He's HOF and the photo and card layout are both excellent. Does this make up for the box? NO, but there's one more hit!

Box 7, Card 10

Pavel Datsyuk signature X autograph. Well, we pulled Zetterberg in the last box, its only fair that we pull Datsyuk in the second. This is also the same set as the Roy I pulled earlier. Detroit heavy hits, I suppose. onto the next box.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills

not the strongest boxes in the past couple. Mckeown and Morrissey are both still young, highly touted prospects though so wouldnt count them out. Both drafted in the past 2-3 years I believe. Morrissey I think was late 1st and Mckeown was an early 2nd rounder I think. Heres to some big hits in the last couple boxes

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast