Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See reoddai002's Items on eBay

Were onto Box 3. Two boxes in, what's the opinion?

Well, if these first two are representative, I would not recommend this to others. The hits are not as unique as expected and feels more like a dumb of stock, which it was, than a release of hits that had to be held back. As I mentioned in box 2, I liked ITG for the "Unique". And truthfully, each box has delivered the unique. Going for the gold womens and the triple stick work in box one. But those uniques have been buried in mundane.

I will keep going as I want to see how this ends. Wish my luck!

Box 3, Card 1

Masked Men Gold (bonus) or Chris Mason (double bonus). Chris is a canadian (pretty sure) and played internationally for them. I remember him more for his time in Nashville where his values probably benefitted from their highly defensive play. I didn't remember his stint in Winnepeg, but wiki says he was in 4 clubs in 6 years and is player overseas now, or, more likely retired. I think his helmet is supposed to be a fighter jet pilot. I'm not crazy about it because of all the teeth. I'm not a fan of things that look like skeleton heads. Neat card. Not my style

Box 3, Card 2

Wooo!!!! Mac Engel!!!! WOOO!!!!! Game Used Jersey red GOLD stamp (5 copies). What's that? You don't know who this guy is? Well, in 2012, he was THE HOTTEST GOALIE PROSPECT IN THE WORLD!.. Wait.. its 2016 and he went nowhere? Well, then. Next card.

Box 3, Card 3

Mike Moore Game used jersey from H&P... I just did a psych on the previous guy. I'm not going to that length for two in a row. Although, I am impressed that they put him in a card. He looks thinner than I expected.

Box 3, Card 4

Eric Daze. This guy is an actual bonafide NHL player whom I don't know. He played an entire average career in Chicago. He played in the NHL all-star a year after he hit his best career point tota. The last two cards are making me too depressed to do much else. I will saw that the card looks cool and is a two colour.

Box 3, Card 5

Brian Elliot authentic Goalie autograph. OMG! HEY! HEY! This guy is a CURRENT NHl player. He;s like the 1A goalie in St.Louis now and they're player him off Halak (I think). We have the beginnings of a box people... the beginnings of a box.

Box 3, Card 6

And we hit what could only be called a home-run compared to everything else I've pulled to date. The ITG 1972 series cards were a HUGE autograph checklist, but the cream of the crop were Summit series parallels. Dennis Hull, part of one of Hockey's famous familiers (Bobby, Brett and strangely enough, Bart). Denis probably slots in at #3 considering I've never heard of Bart Hull. The Silver Jet played nearly his entire career in Chicago and represented Canada in the Summit series.
    I'm super stoked, guys. Two actual hockey players in a row and a card that's actually coveted. What's next? What does the future hold for me? Can we do even better? I can only hope, cause so far, I'm pretty disapointed.

Box 3, Card 7

Brad Stuart Signature series. Come and get your signature series cards. One per box, guaranteed. Most players still playing in the NHL.

Box 3, Card 8

A dual jersey in the non-his position. What does this mean? Its a dual All-Star of Teemu Selanne and Mats Sundin. I think a finnish guy somewhere is jumping up and down at this card. Any finish guys jumping up and down at this card? Send me a Pm.

Box 3, Card 9

Mats Sundin Game Used Jersey! Are you a Toronto Fan? Cause this card rocks. Are you a finish fan cause I just got two Mats Sunin cards in a row. Don't get me wrong, these are way, WAY better than the nobodies I hit early on in the box. Its just... this isn't what I expected. PLus, that swatch is tiny. You hear that Mats? I said you have a tiny swatch.

Box 3, Card 10

Mike Modano! An American HOF Millenium Signature series! Its a very shiny card And the signature is very nice. I'm actually impressed. Its a good card design, prominently shows mike in his North Stars outfit. He's american, but he's considered one of the best Americans to play the game. That's like being the best Baseball player to ever play soccer. I joke of course, he's a great player, but I collect Canadians.... What a box hit.... unless...

Box 3, Card 11

Uhh.. card 11? The box hit position is a MIKE VERNON MoWTOWN MADNESS AUTOGRAPH. WOO!!... next box.
    Last edited by reoddai; 04-08-2016 at 12:10 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I saw in your sig you were looking for the Turco card... and there you pull it right out of the gate (with the vault stamp). Can't tell if that's the universe teasing you or rewarding you.

These boxes definitely have a wide spectrum of very good and very poor. It looks like they're all the extra copies held over for redemption/replacement purposes. I've seen some very nice hits and a lot of "meh" but I guess that's to be expected when you have nine hits in a $100 box.

I'm already locked into a group break and will probably buy a box in the future. Thanks for sharing so far, keep it up!

I noticed that too, so like I said, it IS PC, and I hoped it was a sign of good things to come, but its definitely a weak break. Its also no 9 hits in a 100$ box, its 9 hits in a 150$ box (CAD). Its starting to feel a little "kick in the ugh" feeling.

Very nice stuff right here ! If you pull any Enroth please let me know :)

I wouldn't say very nice. Some nice. If I do pull any Enroth, I will think of you.

Hope the redemption's are better at the Expo. Now kinda glad I only bought 5 boxes.

I usually only open boxes at the Expo to get the redemption. Now, I really wish that I could get additional hits out of this, but I can't go. Anyone willing to open some boxes for me at the expo? I can Xpress post these guys to you. Lol.

As for the 5 boxes yes. This is not your Superlative or even ultimate Vault. Its barely even vault. It eels more product dump. Even the duds in Superlative were great. Here, the duds are real duds IMO. Perhaps because I just like vintage so much, this product may not have been for me.

Cheers,
    reoddai

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (489)
    Country
    Upper Deck ePack

Where are you from? I would break them for you and take a video. I am going to the Expo just to bust my 5 boxes. The saving grace for Box #3 is the extra card Motown Madness. I am interested in that one. I busted 35 boxes of Motown Madness and am trying to finish the set.
    Collecting; Autos, GU'd & RC of Red Wings, Brodeur, Hasek & Shanahan and ITG 2004-05 Franchises. Motown Madness & Broad Street Boys.
    Want List: Hidden Content
    Trade List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

4th box? What's my recommendation. Well, take a look and see for yourself. Some neat things, some crummy things. Nothing really stellar so far. I would not pre-order again, but I am picky when it comes to cards.

I ill also say, my will to pontificate on these cards is lessening. Its this box can boost my spirits, It'll stay up and talkative. If not well... it'll be a fast break.

Box 4, Card 1

Oliver Roy Mask Card. At one time I remember Oliver was highly touted. But I never hear his name anymore. His Mask is also pretty cool. Maked Men II is okay. Not bad. Not bad.

Box 4, Card 2

That's a neat Patch. H&P prospect Emblem. Set I hate, but the letter E is really lnice looking. Kiel McLeod has... never played in the NHL.... Hey Kiel, I've got one of your patches from one of your ten teams. Which one, I have no idea.

Box 4, Card 3

SHAYNE... CORSON! I know that guy. I have a mini PC of him. He's a bit of a thug, but he played for Montreal and I might even keep this card. My problem is the blood splatters. I prefer to think of Hockey as the skilled man's game, not the goon's. Shane could play, but why play up the blood?

Box 4, Card 4

Francois Tremblay. Another non-NHL player. Look at that awful gold stamp. its flaking like crazy.

Box 4, Card 5

Decades 1980's Bernie Nichols! This guy has like... a 20 year playing career. He's kinda like one of those "best guys who never got the cup" kind of list. Frequently in the playoffs, never the cup. Sorry Bernie.

Box 4, Card 6

Igor Larionov. Russians are always interesting and this guy no less so. a HOF auto is tough to beat and its a nice Shiny Card. The theme for this box is.. no theme so far, so let's continue.

Box 4, Card 7

Come and get your Signature series cards folks... one per box. Definitely an NHL player, but no one really super famous... just solid player autos. come and get your Signature Series autos, one per box!

Box 4, Card 8

Another Mike Modano card. This guy is following me around now. Looks like its a Team Scoring Leads with a nice super clean White jersey.

Box 4, Card 9

Holy crap. I nearly fell out of my chair. a Mark Messier two colour Game Used Jersey Gold from Captains C. This... THIS card belongs in a vault set. Finally! 4 boxes in and we have a true, honest to goodness vault card in a non-hit position. Okay guys... Box 4, slot 9 is when it all takes off.

Box 4, Card 10

Heroes and prospects.... but its Alex Ovechkin! and I think... this is his rookie year auto, isn't it? This is a pretty Damn good card and his auto hasn't totally degenerated yet as you can see the 8 in the bottom right of the signature. Okay, this is it fellahs. This is what I was talking about. Two consecutive actually "Vault" cards. Come-on Montreal. You can make an appearance in this break!. Edmonton did it. The current superstar did it. You can do it too.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Where are you from? I would break them for you and take a video. I am going to the Expo just to bust my 5 boxes. The saving grace for Box #3 is the extra card Motown Madness. I am interested in that one. I busted 35 boxes of Motown Madness and am trying to finish the set.

Hey mq13, If you want to work out something for the Vernon, no problem I'd be happy to. I appreciate the offer, to break for me. Let me get through one more box and see how I feel. This last box wasn't too too bad.

Cheers,reoddai

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (489)
    Country
    Upper Deck ePack

It was not too good until you hit the last 2. I am in for the Vernon. Hold it till I break mine hopefully tomorrow. Good Night and good luck on BOX #5. Hope you pull a Montreal ROY!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Box 4 is the only box I would legitemately call a "Vault" box. It has nice highs and lows and frankly is now the box to beat for the break. Let's hope my luck can continue!

Box 5, Card 1

Ohhh... This one is nifty. Finally, a pre-08-09 Mask card. These are the masks that everyone wants. Quality card, quality stat to the box. This mask belongs tooo... Fleury! So the Pittburgh traadition continues!

Box 5, Card 2

An actual player card from a non-H&P set. Usually my 2-4 are crummy. This one is two colour and looks to be a two colour All-star Jersey piece. Phil played for Buffalo and was Mike Modano before Mike Modano. A really nice card for hit #2

Box 5, Card 3

Holy crap, a quad! in position #3. This is like unprecedented. Evgeni Malkin, Marc-Andre Fleury, Derrick Pouliet & Matt Murray. Matt Showed up earlier in the break, so this is definitely a Penguins box. Red stamped, so first copy, but wow, what a nice card to hit. Things are looking way way up and I don't even care that its a H&P card.

Box 5, Card 4

BTP Ryan miller. Ryan is a goalie for Vancouver Now, but he doens't quite have the impact that Vancouver expected sice he came from Buffalo. Especially since he's filling Luongo's shoes and that guy was awesome. Maybe the guy needs snow outside to perform, but he aint getting any in the city. White Jersey piece with a tuff of something in the top left. Keep working hard in Vancouver Ryan. You've got my support.

Box 5, Card 5

Duncan Macintyre. Not every pull is awesome, or even of an NHL player. The good news is that he still plays hockey with is a HUGE plus compared to the other cards I pulled.

Box 5, Card 6

Comeone, come all... pull your Signature series autograph. Pull your very own autograph of a totally average player who played in the NHL for a long time... Sandis Ozolinsh is a way better hockey player than me, so I'll stop this here.

Box 5, Card 7

AHL All-star patch from a goalie called... Philippe Sauve. Heplayed 32 games in the NHL with a save PCT of 0.888. Which is 32 more games than I'l ever play in the NHL. Plus that patch is totally crazy. The card is a little busy so its hard to see, but wow.. what a patch.

Box 5, Card 8

One patch followed by another. Brad Marsh, with his +1000 PIM played all of 75 games for detroit over two years. The patch is a very nice solid Red Wings name plate style patch. Nearly won the stanley cup in 86-87 with Philly, but lost to Edmonton, even though he only had PIM about twice as high as his points. Usually that ratio is 4 PIM for every point.

Box 5, Card 9

Another ITG 1972 Summit Series Auto for Ron Ellis. These guys were super tough to find. This guy was about as impactful and well known as Dennis Hull, but Ron played for Toronto his entire caeer where he put up totally solid support numbers and he never won a Stanley cup (get it, cause he played for Toronto). ACtually, that's not true. He played on Toronto's last staley cup winning team.... ever. Cause they'll never win it again. Montreal will win it every decade.... hopefully.

Box 5, Card 10

this looks super familiar. Its a Patrick Roy Signature X autograph. He's not shown in his Montreal jersey so I'm not exstatic, but its a really nice closer to this box and really improved the mood. What a nice box. Boxes 4 and 5 are really competing for the top spot now.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Whelp. So far Boxes 1-3 have blown royally. Box 4 had two good finishers and Box 5 had some interesting and some good pieces. I'm going to go spend some time with the wife and relax a little. I'll try to finish this off tomorrow. Thanks for the look so far everyone!

Cheers,
    reoddai

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Not quite what I expected so far. The Ovechkin is obviously nice. A lot of talk about the Vernon card, I would like it for my set as well. Maybe we can talk about that after the Expo if mq13 doesn't have dibs.

Was really looking forward to this product but it seems very lackluster so far. A lot of cards from sets you don't see often anymore, a lot of what interests me as well but nothing high-end yet. Even looking on eBay, I see a lot of Red Wings so far which is good for me.

Sincerely hope the second half yields the cards we've all been waiting for!

Thanks for the sharing,
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (489)
    Country
    Upper Deck ePack

Yes this product is lacking the hype that was built up. Thought we would see more prolific players. Not H&P career players.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast