Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See reoddai002's Items on eBay

Bov 7 had our VERY FIRST PIECE OF VINTAGE. ITg, which is so well known in this trip down memory lane, we have exactly one vintage piece. I'm also developping a particular mood during this break and its not "elation". Let's get through this boys. 3 more boxes to go.

Box 8, Card 1

Silver Masked Men 4 of Ed Belfour. The Eagles gave it away buddy. Eddie the eaglie was in Toronto for so long and never got any love for how well he was because Toronto was perpetually sucking. He was like the best worse goalie of the league. No matter how hard he tried, he was always on the leafs. And now he shows up as the first card in an ITG Vault break. poor Eddie just can't catch a break.

Box 8, Card 2

Jacob Markstrom Game used jersey silver with a seam or a something comming out of the top left. Markstrom was a pretty highly touted prospect at some point (Florida?). and he represents Sweeden really well in the world championships. He may still have a future. I hope so Jacob. Good luck!

Box 8, Card 3

Canada vs the world Ulf Nilsson silver Jersey. A great set featuring a ton of canadian, and I'm pulling sweedes left and right here. Ulf was really well regarded in the WHA and transitioned over the to the NHL, I think his impact was less. Apparently, he's the source of the "Potvin sucks" changes in New York. Ponts per game player. Sweede.

Box 8, Card 4

The sweedes, they keep comming. Henrik Sedin card to match my Alexi Yashin. This design looks really nice like they actually embeded the jersey into a typical hockey card as opposed to the most common technique today to design around the swatch. Its a throw back to a simpler time. The design is snazy and complements the colours well. Nice blue swatch. I can almost forget about Yahin. Almost.

Box 8, Card 5

Mikka Kiprusoff. Finnish goalie. What is going on in this box? This was meant to be shipped to central Europe of something. A nice two colour swatch for a good goalie who could never get Calgary to go anywhere. Could steal a game when needed. He hated to sign hockey cards. Getting that guy's auto was SUPER tough on a hockey card and I only have one, which also happened to have a jersey on it too. This jersey piece is a nice two colour. Finn.

Box 8, Card 6

When I saw this card I though, oh, that's very similar to the signature series cards that I've been seeing throughout the break. I wonder what kind of player this guy was. He's a long career middle of the road player... this is another signature series card isn't it. One in every FREAKING BOX. I am fed up with these guys. I guess shaking it up wasn't an option when you have 10K of these lying around. Can you imagine a full box of signature series autos?

Box 8, Card 7

I was wrong... the signature series auto was right behind the previous one. The previous one was a BAP auto which was probaly the precursor to the signature series set. Rod'Brind'amour perfectly fits the quality of this signature series cards. Another Caroline pull. Yah.

Box 8, Card 8

Kjell Samuelsson. Sweede enforcer. This is depressing. Another sweede in this box. If this case hit is in this box and its a sweede, I swear I will be so pissed.

Box 8, Card 9

Ray Bourque in a Boston Jersey stick piece. Finally a card worth talknig about. The stick pieces is just jumping out of the card and features a nice "O". so far, the only two stick cards pulled have some really nice lettering on them. I also like Ray Bourque cause I followed him a little while growing up, so I'm really happy to see him in a boston jersey instead of the Avalanche where he's typically shown because that's where he won the cup. Great card. Happy to have it.

Box 8, Card 10

Patrick Kane H& autograph with an absolutely gorgeous autograph. This card is from 07-08 and if I remember correctly, I also think that this is a RC auto. Wow. After all those sweedes, I'm so happy that the last two hits have been a canadian and an American. I never though that I'd say that, but thank you Kane for showing up here. Solid card that, with the Bourque, took the sting off the box.

SCF Rewards
    Country

not the strongest boxes in the past couple. Mckeown and Morrissey are both still young, highly touted prospects though so wouldnt count them out. Both drafted in the past 2-3 years I believe. Morrissey I think was late 1st and Mckeown was an early 2nd rounder I think. Heres to some big hits in the last couple boxes

Thanks Walter. I really don't follow the new players well as there are too many names for me to remember. Thanks for the good wishes.

SCF Rewards
    Country

We've done 8 out of 10 boxes so far. I have a bad feeling that my case hit was the triple stick picked up in the first box. I really hope I'm wrong as I've seen cases with a jersey auto in it and I can only hope. There have been some strong-ish cards in here, but nothing that would blow me out of the water or make me want to buy this product again, or even to recommend it. Two boxes left. Send me your luck guys.

Box 9, Card 1

i'm actually laughing at this one. Vokoun Panthers. Masked Men III gold foil stamp. Actually, the background foil looks particularly shiny. I don't remember the MAsked Men III so well, but I don't remmeber them being this Shiny. Just checked the back and its a rgular silver version. They did III pretty well.

Box 9, Card 2

Marian Hossa Signature X series Ottawa jersey. Hossa don'e really well for himself in Chicago. I wish he could have somehow brought the cup to Ottawa of course. Good player. Card is a lottle wonky. Makes me think its a lock puzzle.

Box 9, Card 3

ITG 1792 Pat Stapleton, red Jersey. I think Pat was also in the summit series. Good job Pat.

Box 9, Card 4

Alexis Pepin. Not yet in the NHL, but still playing hockey and looks to be doing pretty well too. Here's hoping!

Box 9, Card 5

Signature series Patrick Lalime. At least his auto is nice and he played for Ottawa. Plug, its a really good photo of the guy. He blocks the card just like he blocks the net. Typicaly player type for this card inclusion.

Box 9, Card 6

Followed immediately by a signature series card. Janne Niinimaa. Exactly the kind of guy for this card too. They sorted these hits REALLY well. - Midling player with a long career on a signature series autograph card? Put that in slot #6

Box 9, Card 7

Troy Passingham. So begins the H&P, BTP stuff of players who never cracked the NHL.

Box 9, Card 8

I am pleasantly surprised to see that I was wrong. Ed Belfour Vezina Hopeful in a Toronto Jersey. I already made fun of Eddie earlier. HOF GU who did win a Vezina, but never in Toronto. Thanks for showing up again Eddie.

Box 9, Card 9

Game Used scraps of Tie Domi and Bob Probert. I totally don't care about Enforcers. Hopefully someone somewhere does.

Box 9, Card 10

Gold Millenium Signature Series Brett Hull. I do not have a Brett Hull autograph, mostly because he's an american, but he was like, THE guy in St. Louis for a long long time. HOF auto. Can't complaign... except about everything else.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Okay. Box # 10, before I do, whatever it holds here's a recap.

Each box has generally had at least one solid hit. And I don't mean solid as in valuable or even rare, but a hit that a collector of diverse products would be happy with. Its not always the top hit, but if you like Hockey, there will be something in there for you.

That being said... and to use some hyperbole, I will quote Red from the Shawshank redemption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Red
    Andy crawled to freedom through five hundred yards of ™™™™ smelling foulness I can't even imagine, or maybe I just don't want to. Five hundred yards... that's the length of five football fields, just shy of half a mile.

There are some turds in these boxes. I expect that many, many will hit the 2/1$ bin if you're lucky.

Freedom my friends is one box away. I would have opened 3 cases of Superlative Vault instead of 1 box of this. This was such a phenomenal let down compared to the hits that Dr Price advertised on his blog and the quality of the other vault products that came out. This didn't feel like a money grab because there are some genuinely good things in here and its not all bad.

Still, when I was at OT sports and I saw all the stuff that UD has for sale.....If someone said I HAD to buy something and it HAD to be now and I HAD to choose... I still would have bought this over any of that. That being said, I would have preferred to keep my money instead and just pass this by. This will teach me to pre-order stuff. Never again!

Thanks for watching. Feel free to contact me if you see something you like. lots are available.

Cheers,
    reoddai

SCF Rewards
    Country

Box 10, Card 1

A really nice looking Mask 5 from Phoenix (David Abischer). Just like my first box that held the Turco, this card is stamped silver, 1 of 5. The Mask cards were really what made ITG well know and have always been highly sought after cards. The one thing that will impact the greatest number of hobiests is that these mask cards won't be around anymore. Bye ITG. Thanks for the memories.

Box 10, Card 2

A really nice dual jersey showing the Russia rocket, Pavel bure. Inducted in the hall of fame in 2012, Pavel played 7 years in Vancouver before he was sent to Florida in 1998. He never won the Stanley cup on any team, but came really close in Vancouver, as Vancouver is ought to do. The on the move cards by ITG have been featured many times and the colours and jersey sizes are well chosen and generous, respectively. Its not their best ever design for this type of card, but its still a well done card. Thanks again ITG.

Box 10, Card 3

Jordan Binnington, Net Prospect, H&P. while Jordan has had a taste of an NHL game, he hasn't managed to crack in full time yet. Being a goalie is hard and there's lots of competition. He's shown here in his Owen sound ATTACK jersey. The H&P set was well known for showcasing up and commers into the NHL. It was a niche product, but a well loved niche product. Most times, AHL and OHL teams would release a "team hockey card set", but to get them, you often had to go there personally. H&P allowed collectors of the next generation of talent to really folow and prospect. You did the prodcuct well ITG. Thanks.

Box 10, Card 4

Enforcers II, Jay Caufield. Encofers are a short lived breed. Generally, the local team loves their enforcers and hates the opposing. Unless you had the gift, Enforcers also tended to be recycled very quickly. If you can't punch, out you go and in comes the next puncher, slotted right in. Jay managed to get through 5 seasons in Pittsburgh where he played just over 200 games, scored 5 goals and racked up nearlly 800 PIM. he probably protected Lemieux and that was his claim to fame. He wasn't there because someone wanted them, he was there to protect Pittsburgh's asset. Before Enfocers, Jay had one card. A Pro Set RC. You can guess how well that was collected and is regarded to this day. Jay, I don't know if your position was a throback to a bloddier sport, or a necessary evil to protect the stars. ITG recognizes your contribution and now, I have a piece of your jersey. Kudos to the fighter. Thanks ITG.

Box 10, Card 5

Arthur Irbe white jersey piece from Parkhust. One of the best sets was when ITG had Parkhurst. They didn't always get it right, but what a legacy that had to be filed. When Irbe first came to the NHL it was with the San Jose Sharks and he helped bring them to the playoffs in that first year. He's still very well regarded in San Jose. After Irbe went to Carolina, he continued to help his team and nearly brought them a Stanley cup, but Detroit beat them in the end. Irbe has a bit of a cult following of card collectors as well. ITG was frequently the only company that produced Irbe cards in recent years. Thanks ITG.

Box 10, Card 6

Steven Reinprecht was a centre journeyman in the NHL and player for 11 years in the NHL for 5 different teams. Amzingly, he has a Stanley cup on his Resume because of his time in Colorado, probably the year after he signed this card. The Signature X series, I can't say much about as it was before my time. However, every card is hard signed, a rarity now a days. The pictures are vibrant and the backgound is nice and shiny. The black auto on dark background doesn't help, but its still visible and every auto I've seen so far has been both solid and a good looking auto with frequently a player's jersey number. ITG had good relations with their players when it came to signatures and it seems that the situation was no different in 2002. Thanks ITG.

Box 10, Card 7

Ryan O'Mara O Canada Autograph. ryan never quite made it in the NHL and now plays in Europe. However, he did help bring home with gold in the 2006 and 2006 World Junior Championships for canada. This card came from the O Canada set which was a phenomenal set for Canadian fans. While the hits were rare, the designs were clean and incredible. You had frequently, nearly full rosters of Canadian teams and all levels were represented. I remember pulling a Wickenheiser from the set and always regretted selling it later. This set was great and I wish, I WISH ITG had the license to do one for the 2010 Vancouver Olympics because it was just done SO WELL and the 2010 olympics desperately need one. Alas, it was not meant to be. Thanks ITG.

Box 10, Card 8

Tyson Sexsmith BTP autograph. This guy's autograph is so tiny ans squired, but its also so clean. Who signs like that? Its like he was trying to fit his signature in a stamp. I'm pretty sure that this BTP was from 07 because I think I have a Carey Price auto from this set and it was his rookie year. Or maybe I have a Patrick Roy auto because this set had Patrick roy shown in a Team canada jersey. Eitehr way, its a well designed card and the autograph box gives the impression of a signature in a goalie net. how cool is that? Thanks ITG!

Box 10, Card 9

Wow, what a nice ard and a nice way to almost end the set. I must admit taht looking at the front of this card I can't tell who the player is, but that almost doesn't matter. The patch in the bottom right is absolutely breaking the card. Judging from the number on the side of the sleeve and the partial name visible on the back, I'm going to say that this card is a Record Breaking Season for John Tavares. I don't need to talk much about JOhn because he's killing it in NYI. ITG had many of these "complete" jersey cards and I've always considered them the pioneer of this style. I could be wrong, but my favourite cards have all been "complete jersey" this or "complete jersey" that. I think I have 4-5 in my PC which is saying quite a bit. I've always trusted the quality of the GU from ITG, ESPECIALLY because of the way they say where the Game used pieces comes from on the back. Be it from a game, or an all-star game, or an AHL game, or if its a glove and they can't say definiteively that its from a game. That kind of honesty was so refreshing in a hobby that is continually rocked by scandals. I will miss this most of all. I do collect GU, but how can I be sure that its a true GU if the back of the card doens't certify it? ITG, this is what I will miss the most. Thanks for everything.
    After flipping the card, this appears to be a gold version 1 of 1, with a red stamp 1 of 1 on the front.

Box 10, Card 10

No box would be complete without a signature series autograph. However, this time, instead of a midling player, we have Jarome Iginla. Team Canada and Team calgary. This guy has won so many awards, but never a Stanley cup, although he team hoped for some years at the end of his career trying to chase it down. He's been on so many Team Canada Olympic gold medal teams, its not even funny and here we have a super nice hard signed autograph. He may not be a HOF lock, but in my book, hes one of the greatest Canadian players to every play the game. ITg, you really pushed the signature series cards down my thoat in this break, to the point where I refuse to say anything nice about them, but I will say this. These signature series cards are the perfect embodiment of ITG. Even when you didn't have an NHL license, you stuck around the hobby. Year after year, producing more and more cards. Always there... every box, every release, every case. An annoyance to some people, but not to your die hard fans. Most releases were middle of the pack with moderate reception, but you always tried and sometimes, you hit one out of the park. Thanks for all the collecting over the years. My last box of ITG.

Cheers,
    reoddai

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills

That Tavares is fantastic. I LOVE the complete jerseys personally. Congrats on what was, I think, a solid if unspectacular break.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Dergula's Items on eBay

Hi There! I was pumped at seeing the promo but I am glad I saw some breaks before buying. I was set to buy a case but I backed off after seeing some of the hit's. It makes me sad that they kind of went out with a fizzle.... :(

Anyways if they are available the Domi/Probert & Shayne Corson Instigator I'd be interested in if your don't like enforcers :)

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

That Tavares 1/1 is excellent! :D Well done!!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See westey13's Items on eBay

Interested in the Sedin and Sexsmith cards for sure. Also would be interested in the H&P or Canada cards. Check my bucket if you want to do a trade.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aspencer528's Items on eBay

Thanks for the detailed break, breakdown and overall awesome read. Easily the best box break thread I have ever seen, unfortunately not for the cards. That triple stick in box 1 was my personal favourite hit.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast