Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: yanks39 2016 IP thread

SCF Rewards
    Country

yanks39 2016 IP thread

Made my first outing of the year, and first in quite a while to see the SWB Railriders vs. Rochester Red Wings yesterday. Not a great day to be outside for a game as the temperature topped out at 38 degrees, that coupled with Opening Day ceremonies made pre game not very active, But I did manage to snag stud Aaron Judge before warm-ups. He only signed about 20:

Aaron Judge- 1/2. 2014 Topps Heritage Minors

Game moved along quickly and soon was outside the stadium for postgame. SWB was traveling, so most players did not exit the stadium. Managed a few:

Gary Sanchez- 1/2. 2013 Topps Heritage Minors
    Jorge Polanco- 2/2. 2014 THM, 2015 THM
    Jose Berrios- 1/1. 2014 THM. Nice kid. Was winning pitcher for the game.

That's all. Hopefully the next trip produces better results and warmer temps.
    Last edited by yanks39; 04-11-2016 at 04:19 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See quikgrif3's Items on eBay

Good stuff good stuff!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

See now that you work in the store and do not work outside the weather bothers you or you are starting to get old
    Nice to see you are getting into IP also. With this I guess you will be doing NSASCAR also..
    Good luck with everything Brian

Made my first outing of the year, and first in quite a while to see the SWB Railriders vs. Rochester Red Wings yesterday. Not a great day to be outside for a game as the temperature topped out at 38 degrees, that coupled with Opening Day ceremonies made pre game not very active, But I did manage to snag stud Aaron Judge before warm-ups. He only signed about 20:

Aaron Judge- 1/2. 2014 Topps Heritage Minors

Game moved along quickly and soon was outside the stadium for postgame. SWB was traveling, so most players did not exit the stadium. Managed a few:

Gary Sanchez- 1/2. 2013 Topps Heritage Minors
    Jorge Polanco- 2/2. 2014 THM, 2015 THM
    Jose Berrios- 1/1. 2014 THM. Nice kid. Was winning pitcher for the game.

That's all. Hopefully the next trip produces better results and warmer temps.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I did SWB vs. Syracuse yesterday with a friend's two boys and had a pretty fun postgame. Weather was much nicer this time around.

Cesar Puleo- 1/1 (pre-game)
    Slade Heathcott- 1/1
    Nick Swisher- 1/1, 1/1 (yup, I dipped him)
    Aaron Judge- 1/1
    AJ Cole- 1/1 (help)

The boys both got Swish and he posed for a cool photo with them. They also both just missed getting Judge before he got on the bus. This was their first real attempt at graphing and seemed unfazed by the large crowd. We had a great day.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Getting caught up from last weeks games:

Toledo @ Syracuse

Bill Buckner signing- 2/2, 2/2, 2/2
    Jacoby Jones- 1/1
    Leon Durham- 1/1
    Buck Farmer- 1/1

SWM @ Syracuse

Phil Coke- 1/1
    Aaron Judge- 1/1
    Gary Thurman- 3/3
    Jake Cave- 1/1
    Gary Sanchez- 1/1
    Luis Severino- 1/1

Pawsox @ Rochester

Joe Kelly- 1/1
    Justin Maxwell- 1/1
    Ryan Hanigan- 1/1
    Jose Berrios- 1/1
    Rusney Castillo- 1/1
    JR Murphy- 1/1
    Brock Holt- 1/1
    Kennys Vargas- 1/1
    Allen Craig- 1/1
    Eddie Rosario- 1/1
    Miguel Sano- 1/1
    Trevor May- 1/1
    Luis Tiant signing- 1/1, 1/1, 1/1

Crammed a bunch into 3 nights after not doing any IP for 2 months. Trying to hit a couple more.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Made the trip to Syracuse for the Ron Guidry signing at Chiefs vs. Durham. Didn't do any pre game and didn't stay for post game, and only did the signing itself. Managed to get through the line 3x to get some set cards knocked off.

Ron Guidry- 1/1, 1/1, 1/1. (78T, 81T, 85T)

SCF Rewards
    Country

I hit the airport near me on Wed. this past week to try to grab a few of the Nascar guys that were in town to practice for next weekend's race. I haven't done the airport in a long time, but it was pretty easy. I only saw a few drivers, and only asked 3, and they all signed a race-used piece of sheet metal from Trevor Bayne's 2016 Atlanta car that I picked up:

Martin Truex, Jr. - 1/1.
    Brad Kesolowski- 1/1.
    AJ Allmendinger- 1/1.

Room for lots more on it, and I hope to fill it up next weekend at the Glen.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

I hit the airport near me on Wed. this past week to try to grab a few of the Nascar guys that were in town to practice for next weekend's race. I haven't done the airport in a long time, but it was pretty easy. I only saw a few drivers, and only asked 3, and they all signed a race-used piece of sheet metal from Trevor Bayne's 2016 Atlanta car that I picked up:

Martin Truex, Jr. - 1/1.
    Brad Kesolowski- 1/1.
    AJ Allmendinger- 1/1.

Room for lots more on it, and I hope to fill it up next weekend at the Glen.

Nice Brian maybe some year when I stop doing the county 4 H thing that runs the entire next week I can plan a trip up to you and hit the race together. I could bring up some of my die casts and try for signings. Keep saying that each year but anyway hope you snag a bunch this year Good Luck

SCF Rewards
    Country

Weekend results from the Cheez-It 355 at the Glen:

Chase Elliott- 2/2
    Kasey Kahne- 1/1
    Matt Kenseth- 1/1
    Greg Biffle- 1/1
    Danica Patrick- 1/1
    Carl Edwards- 1/1, 1/1, 1/1 (1:24 diecast)
    Kyle Petty- 1/1
    Bill Elliott- 1/1
    Casey Mears- 1/1
    Denny Hamlin- (race winner) 1/1
    Kevin Harvick- 1/1 (1:24 diecast)
    Richard Petty- 1/1

Pretty solid weekend. Most of those were from Friday, as I didn't touch a sharpie all day on Sat. and put in minimal effort on Sunday. Jimmie Johnson and Tony Stewart were their typical non-social selves.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Made a return trip to Watkins Glen Int'l yesterday (it's only 4 miles from home) to catch the Indycar race. Those guys haven't been here in 4 or 5 years, but with Boston bailing on the race, they needed a venue and WGI is freshly paved. I put in minimal effort and came away with some good ones, legends included...

Marco Andretti- 1/1.
    Michael Andretti- 1/1.
    Mario Andretti- 1/1. Class act and took a cool photo with me.
    Dario Franchitti- 1/1.
    James Hinchcliffe- 1/1.
    AJ Foyt- 1/1. Signed my vintage Nascar book that doesn't leave the house anymore, but couldn't resist adding AJ to it.

The drivers and owners in this series are all as approachable as can be. They all really seem to appreciate their fan base.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast