Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See barbiefreak's Items on eBay

Spring Expo 2016 recap + GB results and recent pickups

It has been a while since I did a hockey S&T. I was busy with the WWE Undisputed set, which I completed a few weeks ago. Let's start the show.

A purchase I made on the BO cards forum, Mr. 10 point game HOFer Darryl Sittler Cup Enshrinements Autograph /60.

Next is some breaks on CnC. I lucked out on the Dominion half case with Nashville. I had Montreal in a Retro break right before Expo, missing is the Carey Price auto, which was sold at Expo. The Artifacts Redemptions were sitting around but once they were phoned in, they arrived with 3 weeks.

I stopped at a LCS before Expo to get a 2 row box. I ended up buying his final 2010-11 UD Series 2 Box. Hits included the following YGs - Ben Smith, Kevin Shattenkirk, Mark Fayne, Nino Niederreiter and Robin Lehner. The final YG was the first one hit in the box, but it will show up later in the Expo recap.

So now is the Expo recap......

I arrived on Thursday afternoon to lend a hand on setup to the CnC crew. Enjoyed catching up at dinner with the crew. We did a group 2 box break on SPX at the table and everybody tried to pull the McJesus. I was lucky enough to get one, just not the correct one.

Friday started the Expo and it was slow in the purchase department for me. I bought a 2009-10 UD Ice Tyler Bozak RC /99 and a Trilogy Mikko Rantanen Auto from a great group of guys AJ's Sportcards from Winnipeg.

I was able to make a deal with Brad on a few cards he needed for his PC. I received 1 card - UD Ice Scott Darling RC /799 and some cash in return.

All day I hounded the Upper Deck people to let everyone know I was paying cash for the Ryan O'Reilly Midnight parallel /25 from the Expo packs. After checking throughout the day, it looked bleak. Finally, I was watching AJ's Sportcards breaking a case of Showcase. As they opened their final Expo pack, the great weekend card was pulled ....... Ryan O'Reilly Midnight Parallel 23/25. I asked what they wanted for the card, but they handed it to me and said take it. I repeatedly thanked them before heading over to the CnC booth to show my newest PC beauty.

Friday night ended with a late dinner with the crew. Great conversation about the hobby and alot of MMA talk.
    Saturday morning started slow for me as I didn't believe things could get any better.
    My first purchases were for 2 fellow collectors - geschrocks33 and tkmullin

I was able to swing a fair deal for a needed PC card for Derrick - Limited Manufacturer's Mark Cal Clutterbuck 1/1. Also as the show was ending Saturday, a CnC customer pulled a Stempiak Midnight /25 that Derrick requested I look for at the Expo. Both cards are going to NY in the next day or two.

tkmullin is the big time MA Fleury collector - check his monthly S&T. I saw the card in a dealer's box and made a deal. This card is going to a great PC.

My first purchase from CnC from Expo were the Johnny Bower and Doug Gilmour Signed Pucks from Bash Week 2015. Great price especially when paying Canadian prices.

The rest of my Saturday involved selling a Jagr Cup Patch Auto, all my Toews and Kane autos to AJ's Sportcards and the following were the pick ups.

I was able to get my hands on 2 UD Expo packs - hits below.

The stack of O'Reilly cards that found me this weekend. All duplicates but I will take them.

My earlier pull from 10-11 UD S2 was graded - BGS 9 Raw Seguin YG RC.

At this point, it looked like my purchases would be minimal for the Expo, boy was I wrong.

Saturday Night's CnC Customer Appreciation Dinner was a great time. It was an enjoyable time and great to meet a bunch of faces to go with the names.
    I made a trade before the official start of the evening with Stewart - traded a Zetterberg Premier Auto and cash for the card below. Thanks again for the deal Stew!!!

First off was the box deals, I picked up a 12-13 Retro and 13-14 Showcase. Hits are below.

OF COURSE, I HIT A CORY CONACHER !!!!!!

The live GB was fun and I ended up with Florida - one hit a Connor Brickley YG. Can't win them all. After the GB, the 2015-16 boxes were available to purchase. I purchased a UD Series 2 box and the results are below. Missing from the show is a Jake Virtannan YG which Stew needed for his collection. I guess there is a pattern and after hitting the first 3 YGs, everyone at the table said your hitting an Eichel and GUESS WHAT - I hit an Eichel !!!!!

Next up was the raffle for great UD prizes, as they were a sponsor for the evening. There were posters, signed pucks, signed pennants for raffle. I entered for a few signed pucks, the SPX box and Hawaii Black Box. I actually won the 15-16 SPX box. Hell yeah - free boxes are the best !!! Hits are below along with some other SPX cards given to me from the Thursday night dinner.

As I grabbed my box, I heard that it was time to pull the main prizes. A Gretzky UDA signed poster and a Rory McIlroy UDA signed hat. As Angelo from Universal Distribution pulled the winning number from the box, I looked and and thought outloud "HOW THE HELL AM I GOING TO GET THIS ON THE PLANE WITH ME"
    I now own a Rory McIlroy UDA signed hat !!!!!!

What an great way to end the weekend !!!!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Wow, so much nice stuff in this thread, I just can't pick out one! Congrats on all the card, especially those PC pickups which are always fun to find!

Your Expo was quite the success! :)
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

Well done!

For the fall, we have to get you over to the SCF area, even for a couple moments.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See prosserfan39's Items on eBay

My word, that's a pretty sweet haul! Love the Wild stuff, particularly the Clutterbuck!