Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Mid-April SCF Update

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

Mid-April SCF Update

Members,

It's been nearly 4 months since I have taken over SCF. I have noticed a lot of positive changes occurring, but there is work to be done.

I will discuss some of the changes that I am looking to make in a moment. However, I want to start with some lessons learned from Expo in Toronto last week. The first lesson I learned is that attending and promoting SCF was an awesome experience. I was able to meet current members, people that learned about us and joined and members that have stopped using SCF for one reason or another. I had a lengthy conversation with someone that is a member and I consider a friend but has not been on SCF for a bit. In the course of the conversation, I was able to confirm things that I had been thinking privately and have heard from other members.

Another item that I learned is that we might have the best TTM information on the Internet! I had a number of people approach me to thank SCF for this. This was humbling to me and is a credit to you all for using the information and making sure that the information is good.

With that said, there will be some changes to SCF that I will be looking to address between now and Nationals is updating the Main Navigation Header, making the forums a bit more streamlined and easier to navigate, making it easier for you to use in general. Another modification that I am looking to implement is giving you the ability to upload more than 1 image at a time into a thread. I know it can be painful to upload to flickr or photobucket, then harvest the code to then hope it works when creating a trade/sale thread. I want to help eliminate that aspect and make it easy to post in one spot.

Another aspect of SCF that has been changed is item pricing. This has been in place since February. The majority of members are in compliance with this rule. There are still people that do not have their items prices. If you are selling on SCF (Cash or CardCash), you will need to have a price on the item. This can be done in the thread OR if you have a bucket, you can price it in the bucket! For those that have spoken to be about needing time to get items priced, this ends on 4/30/16!

With this said, I have been toying with the idea of allowing Auction-style posts. After consideration, this is something that will be implemented on a trial basis for our VIP members starting on May 1st (During the month of May). I have already posted some general information in the VIP lounge, I will provide specifics if you are a VIP and want to have auction-style threads.

If you have not been aware, the 2016 image uploading contest is still running. If you have images and interest in CardCash for items in the CC Store, trading and other future opportunities, then start uploading. In addition, the staff and I are in the process of finalizing a Video contest. This is something that will provide you the ability to talk about SCF, what you use SCF for and also provide an overview of what SCF can offer others. Videos submitted could have a chance to be shown on the floor at Nationals!

One aspect of SCF that we are looking to provide is more group activities. @doniceage maintains a list of members that would have interest in Hockey Group Breaks. If you would like to be notified of SCF Site breaks and events, I will have a form built for this. In the meantime, please reach out to Don or myself if you want to be notified of SCF Events.

The next BGS Bulk Submission will be from May 1-10. This is now open to ALL members! Keep an eye on THIS THREAD. Please PM patriotsguy to get added to his mass PM list for reminder and details.

Lastly, I ask you all to support those that help keep SCF running. Check out the SCF Sponsor Marketplace. In addition, 2brossports.com is continuing to offer 15% off any order of $30 or more (use the code SCF at the checkout). If you are looking for base (maybe for giveaways, TTM Auto projects), parallels, inserts, autos, relics, 1/1's, Todd and his crew has it! If you can't find it, ask them and they can work with you.

EDIT *4/16/16 - If you are interested in becoming a part of the SCF Staff, please feel free to contact me. I do have a need for people that have a strong knowledge of Social Media functions as I want to grow the SCF's presence using Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.

As always, if you have questions or comments, please post those here or contact me privately.

Thank you,
    Scott
    Last edited by scottkoz20; 04-16-2016 at 09:39 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

Scott- It seems to me that the activity on the site has picked up a lot lately. I hope we can build on that momentum.
    Always Looking for:

A) Graded Vintage (Pre-1980) (BGS, BVG, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    B) Graded True RC's (No inserts or parallels) (BGS, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    C) Certified Auto and GU cards of players from the 70's and further back in all sports

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

Scott- It seems to me that the activity on the site has picked up a lot lately. I hope we can build on that momentum.

I do as well. I was talking to Don this morning about Nationals and I will be there and I have a few ideas for SCF activities that could be awesome.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

I do as well. I was talking to Don this morning about Nationals and I will be there and I have a few ideas for SCF activities that could be awesome.

I've gone every year for the last ten or so, but Atlantic City is in some ways not the best location for me. It would be great if SCF could have a presence at the Nationals.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Thanks for these updates, Scott.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content